Kaliningrad

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• TRAVEL FROM VLADIVOSTOK TO SIKHOTE ALIN NATURE RESERVE

Vladivostok 14 hours ago

Hello can anyone please recommend the best way to get to Sikhote Alin Reserve if flying into Vladivostok? is there a local company offering a driving service or a train available?

Many thanks!

more
    • jayacqua's Profile Photo

Travel concerns given current events

Moscow Apr 11, 2014 at 3:06 PM

Hi,
      I have a layover in Moscow between NYC and Prague, and I heard that the airport is not exchanging US currency. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

more
    • About hotels

Respublika Kareliya Mar 31, 2014 at 7:23 AM

Is there any hotels or accommodation in KEM or LOUKHI ? Please tell me

more
    • Rent a car and driver

Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk Mar 28, 2014 at 10:42 PM

Can you rent a car and driver in Yuzhno Salinsk that will pick you up and drop you back to the cruise ship terminal in Korsakov? If so any idea how much per hour or for 4 -5 hours? Thankyou.

more
    • english speaking 1.5 day world war 2 tour

Volgograd Mar 25, 2014 at 2:31 PM

we are 2 couples coming at the beginning of July , could we get offers for a 1.5 guided tour based on world war 2 events ?

more
    • Travel by car

Russia Apr 5, 2014 at 1:10 PM

I'm planing on going to Russia this may, and i need few informations. Traveling by my own car, i'm wondering how much do taxes on the border cost (i'm staying for about 3,4 days)? Is it cheaper if i come through belarus then baltic countries?

more
    • russian visa from u.k

Moscow Apr 3, 2014 at 7:20 AM

Hi all,
      i need an visa company in the uk who would also supply me with invitation letters,i spoke to someone at such a company last year,but having recently just moved i can`t find anything,i`ve looked on line and phoned a few,but with no luck, any help would be much appreciated, i1ve booked flights and accomodation for june 1st.
      regards gargoylesrus

more
    • Address in Smolensk

Smolensk Apr 2, 2014 at 5:21 AM

Hello,

I am trying to verify an address can somebody help me. My email is redbells91360@gmail.com

LIDER 2 Garden Street Smolensk , 25a (square Zhelyabov )

Thank you,

Nicholas

more
    • Welcome to Republic of Mari El !!!

Respublika Mariy-El Apr 13, 2014 at 11:20 PM

The Republic of Mari El is included in Privolzhsky Federal District and is situated in the centre part of the Russian Federation. Its territory is 23.4 thousand square Km, the population is 698.3 thousand people.
      It borders on the Nizhny Novgorod Oblast in the west, on the Kirov Oblast in the north-east, on the Tatarstan Republic and the Chuvash Republic in the south.
      The population of the Republic of Mari El consists of Mari people – 43%, Russian people – 47,5%, Tatars people – 5,9%. Over 50 nationalities are living on the territory of Republic. The official languages are Russian and Mari.
      The Republic of Mari El means “Mari country» translated from Mari language. It is a wonderful land with beautiful nature, riches lakes and forests. There are over 600 pure and deep lakes in the Republic where most of them are karstic origin, about 476 rivers having total extension over 7 thousand kilometers.
      About 50 percent of the territory of the Republic is covered with forests. For century, the forest was place of habitation, source of food and sacred temple for Mari pagans. Today, the Mari people is one of a few peoples of Europe, preserving the paganism practically in permanent form as an official national religion. There are about 520 pagan sacred groves in the Republic of Mari El.
      Modern the Republic of Mari El is dynamically developing territory on which contemporary architecture adjoins with numerous historical and cultural sites.
      The most popularity gained a capital city of the Republic of Mari El – Yoshkar-Ola (from translated Mari language means “Red city», beautiful city) with its excellent architectural ensembles - Tsarevokokshaisk Kremlin, Patriarch's Square, area of the first tsarevokokshaisk leader/voevode Obolensky-Nogotkova, where there is an unique musical clock with icon of the Mother of God « Troeruchitsi» installed above the arch in the tower, magnificent palaces of sports.
      Today the capital city of the Republic is modern comfortable city having its unique colour and individuality. The city is actively develop, embellish new parks and squares, areas and boulevards. In renewal city combine local colour, tradition of chief town of a uyezd and old European design. Also, Yoshkar-Ola attracts its compact structure and all sights are located walking distance from each other.
      The Republic of Mari El is original, charming and always attractive for lovers of travel and active sport.
      The Republic of Mari El is region with which met once, difficult to leave.

more
    • Americans in Moscow

Moscow Apr 8, 2014 at 7:51 PM

Hi all,

I am planning to travel to Moscow this summer but due to the current situation is it safe for Americans to travel to Moscow? So far people have warned me that it is not safe for Americans to travel to Moscow at this time, is this true?

more
    • johngayton's Profile Photo

Buying Train Tickets Online

Russia Apr 20, 2014 at 8:08 AM

I'm trying to buy a St Petersburg to Moscow train ticket using rdz.ru The site takes me through the reservation and the payment with no problems (I've created a log-in profile) but after I've completed the payment bit, including the security verification, it declines the transaction.

I'm in the UK, using a Visa debit card.

Has anyone else here had similar problems?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

more
    • MirkaKripac's Profile Photo

Russian Visa Support Documents - Tourist Voucher, Invitation

Russia Apr 16, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Hi,

Please do you have an advice how to get the Russian visa support documents?
      We would like to travel on our own, staying in apartments booked through airbnb.com.
      Do you know some reliable companies providing this service?

Best,
      Mirka

more
    • Worried about visit to St. Petersburg in May

Saint Petersburg Mar 26, 2014 at 2:23 PM

Going to St. Petersburg in May (2014). We are Canadian, in our 60's and going on our own for 5 days. Already have our VISA. Coming in from Helsinki on train. Frankly we are very concerned about what we might face when we get there given all that is happening ..... Should we be worried? Our consulate website basically says nothing except that they have limited services now. (They closed the St. Petersburg branch)
      Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

more

Near Kaliningrad

• fionaglasgow's Profile Photo

Arranging a Visa for UK Citizens visiting Kaliningrad by bus from Gdansk for 2-3 days

by fionaglasgow Online Now Jan 26, 2014 at 4:42 PM

I am planning a trip to Kaliningrad from Gdansk, probably by bus. Plan to stay in Kaliningrad 3 nights maximum. I am a UK citizen. If I am travelling independently i.e. not with a tour company what is the best way to get a visa? We have previously travelled to Russia- St Petersburg but for a longer stay and organised our visas through the Russian consulate in Scotland. I am not sure whether visa arrangements are different for Kalinigrad / or this short stay. Please could someone advise me? Many thanks in anticipation.

5 Answers Jan 29, 2014 at 2:44 PM
    • Ferries!

by Firey1 Online Now Aug 12, 2012 at 4:46 AM

Hi,
      I've searched to no avail (probably badly...)afetr finding an oblique reference to this, but.....Is there a ferry at any time through the year from Kaliningrad to Copenhagen?

Failing this, a ferry to elsewhere? I enjoy overland (and water clearly!) travel so like making getting somewhere part of the experience.

Thanks for reading.

3 Answers Aug 14, 2012 at 10:36 PM
    • What to do in Kaliningrad

by nickmbank Online Now Jan 21, 2012 at 8:46 AM

Hi - I'm off to Kaliningrad at the end of February (23 - 27), and i'm looking at things to do while I'm there. I've seen some decent museums, plus would love to spend some time at the Curonian spit. I've not heard much about what to do in the evenings though - does anyone have any suggestions? I also wondered if anyone had any ideas about what might be happening for Maslenitsa? Finally, has anyone heard of any ideas for adventure/extreme sports activities that happen out there? Am hoping to be able to change pace after a very cultural day!

Thanks!

4 Answers Jan 23, 2012 at 10:42 AM
    • Drugness's Profile Photo

Visiting Kaliningrad - bunch of questions..

by Drugness Online Now Jun 17, 2011 at 6:56 AM

Good day to you all
      I was thinking about making my first visit to the Russian Federation by visiting Kaliningrad.
      My plan was to get a train from Gdansk to Kaliningrad. From checking the net, i see that there are trains every morning at 6am and 8am. Is the train the better way to cross the border? As in, shorter waiting time then a bus?
      I was thinking 2-3 days in Kaliningrad would be enough. Can anyone advise on this? I'm not really sure what there is to see in this mysterious area.
      I'm big into history and historical architecture so if anyone can recommend stuff worth seeing in K. then i would be very happy.
      Also, after visiting, i thought i might travel on by train from there to Lithuania. Can you tell me if there is a train to Klaipeda, Kaunas or Vilnius from K.?
      Visa requirements, how much time should i give myself to apply for and receive my visa? I was thinking of travelling in the middle of August, so if i apply in the next 10 days, will that be enough time for all the red tape to be sorted?
      I don't speak any Russian so i presume i will be at a huge disadvantage if/when i do cross into Kaliningrad.
      Lastly, this might seem like a silly question, but is going to Kaliningrad just a bad idea and not worth the hassle?
      I've never been to Russia so i honestly don't know what to expect. There is precious little info about Kaliningrad to be found in books or on the net from what i can tell
      Thanks everyone
      DG

7 Answers Sep 14, 2011 at 8:51 AM
    • Cycling in Kalingrad and beyond

by dminett Online Now May 11, 2010 at 1:20 PM

Dear Sir/Madam,
      Perhaps this is not the correct forum but I can find no other source of information!
      I am an ancient cyclist and intend to cycle from Gdansk along the coastal route E10 to Tallin but what I would like to know is if I can go along the coast/spit through Russian into Lithuania? DO I NEED A VISA and if so from where do I obtain it?
      Is there a way of just "turning up" and being able to pass along the coast? Or can I put my bike on a train/bus?
      Thank you for helping me.
      David Minett

4 Answers May 19, 2010 at 11:48 PM
    • I i get 48 transit visa to poland at the kaliningrad border

by missafrica Online Now Feb 1, 2010 at 11:46 AM

I am married to an EEC citizen and still waiting for my schengen visa to be aproved but mean while i will like to see some other countries that are not in the schengen state; so i will be travelling from africa to russia with a russian tourist visa and will like to visit kaliningrad for a touristic trip with my husband who is ECC citizen. but we will love to go by road from kaliningrad to poland; i will like to know is some one is having an idea if i can accompany my husband by road to poland from kaliningard by getting a temporary visa of 48 hours at the border, is this possible for family members of ECC citizen to obtain this type of visa to accompany their families on a trip, thanks for any information

2 Answers Feb 2, 2010 at 12:02 AM
    • MichaelRees's Profile Photo

Visa

by MichaelRees Online Now Jan 27, 2010 at 2:50 AM

There is conflicting information on the Net about the entry requirements for Kaliningrad, the Russian exclave located between Lithuania and Poland. Some people snootily comment that of course you need a visa since it is part of Russia. Others say that passports holders of Schengen countries, UK, Switzerland and Japan can apply through a local travel agent to get a visa-on-arrival valid for 72 hours.

Can anyone offer up-to-date information on entering Kaliningrad?

7 Answers Jan 28, 2010 at 8:53 AM
    • om_212's Profile Photo

From Kaliningrad (Khrabrovo) Airport to Morskoe

by om_212 Online Now Mar 13, 2008 at 7:59 AM

can you get from Khrabrovo Airport to Morskoe by public trasportation? if yes, could you please tell the number, how often it leaves, and how much it might cost?

• sashanyc28's Profile Photo

Kaliningrad day trip from Nida, Lithuania

by sashanyc28 Online Now Feb 11, 2008 at 11:55 PM

This may seem like a silly question.. but is it possible to visit Kaliningrad from Lithuania on a day trip?

Looking at the Eurolines bus schedule; **Klaipeda LT - Kaliningrad, RU**

From Nida (LT) there is a bus that leaves at 8:09am and arrives in Kaliningrad (city) at 11:02am

Then in the same day there is a bus departing Kaliningrad (city) at 16:30 (4:30pm) arriving back to Nida at 19:28 (7:30pm)

In theory it looks possible..

but considering a three hour journey each way, only four hours to walk around the city, and the cost/hassle associated with a Russian visa and border formalities/delays.. etc.. Would this be worth the trouble?

Is it even possible to obtain a Russian visa and/or enter the country for just a few hours??

Are there any tour companies that offer a one day trip to Kaliningrad from Lithuania?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Many Thanks!
      George

2 Answers Feb 14, 2008 at 11:23 AM
    • duelmen's Profile Photo

Kaliningrad to/from Minsk

by duelmen Online Now Sep 19, 2007 at 7:29 AM

Are there regularly scheduled, direct flights between Minsk and Kaliningrad? What airlines fly that route and can flights be booked online?

Thanks!

3 Answers Sep 19, 2007 at 12:32 PM
    • aterola's Profile Photo

Stay over night

by aterola Online Now May 22, 2007 at 5:24 AM

Hello, VT members,
      please, recomend some cheap place for stay in Kaliningrad (as near to airport, as better).
      Thank you

Letute

• Easiest & most reasonable connection Vilnius or Riga to Kaliningrad

by Anni88 Online Now Mar 18, 2007 at 8:12 AM

I´m planning on flying to Vilnius or Riga and wonder if anyone can tell me what is the easiest & most reasonable connection Vilnius or Riga to Kaliningrad. Train, bus or what have you...

Cheers Anni

1 Answer Dec 2, 2013 at 7:22 AM
    • Easiest & most reasonable connection Vilnius or Riga to Kaliningrad

by Anni88 Online Now Mar 18, 2007 at 6:56 AM

I´m planning on flying to Vilnius or Riga and wonder if anyone can tell me what is the easiest & most reasonable connection Vilnius or Riga to Kaliningrad. Train, bus or what have you...

Cheers Anni

• scubaphoto's Profile Photo

Anyone want to meet

by scubaphoto Online Now Nov 27, 2006 at 9:17 AM

Hi there,

As a VT'er i was wondering if anyone is passing through or local VT'er who like to have a VT meetup somewhere in the city maybe next saturday the 2nd of December. Please drop me an email if you are interested as im here for 3 weeks.

• Border Crossings to/from Kaliningrad by car

by BrunoKreisky Online Now Sep 6, 2006 at 5:03 AM

Hi there !
      Does anyone have updated information on waiting times and difficulties of border crossings from Lithuania into Kaliningrad (Curanian Spit) and exiting to Poland ? I have read stories of smugglers virtually blocking the RU/PL border. I am planning to pass thru on a 48 hours transit visa and I do not plan to spend those hours in a line at the border. ;)
      How about going north thru Kaliningrad from Poland to Lithuania ?

Thanks for any advice !

3 Answers Jul 16, 2012 at 4:21 PM
    • m_spirello's Profile Photo

St. Petersburg - Kaliningrad.... boat? Visa situation

by m_spirello Online Now Jul 26, 2004 at 7:56 AM

I read in the Lonely Planet guide about the Georg Ots, a boat plying the Baltic sea between St. Pete's and Kaliningrad - direct. Does anyone know what the implications of taking this boat would be on the visa situtation - ie. chance of not needing a multi-entry visa, as I wouldn't be leaving Russian territory? I have a three month, single entry business visa, which is registered in St. Petersburg. I'm travelling within Russia until the middle of August, when I have to come back to St. Petersburg to work, and then I need to get to Germany before the 1st September. This seems like an option, as apparently tickets are a mere twenty pounds sterling. Anyone any ideas / experience? Many thanks for your assistance, Tim x

• Need detailed Info about prices and dep/arr. times

by nafciarz Online Now Jun 29, 2003 at 11:25 AM

Hi. Please help me I need urgently some info and, unfortunately, I can't find any info on the internet :( How much (suggested economy class) would cost travel BY BUS from Kaliningrad to Liepaja . What are the departure and arrival times from Kaliningrad Bus Station???. Please HELP! I didn't find such data on the net and I can't speak russian.

1 Answer May 4, 2005 at 7:42 AM
    • jesniel's Profile Photo

Sovetsk border crossing

by jesniel Online Now Jun 29, 2003 at 12:12 AM

Is the Sovetsk border crossing open for all nationals? Jesper

5 Answers Sep 10, 2005 at 1:53 AM
    • Marcin75's Profile Photo

Russian transcription!

by Marcin75 Online Now Sep 20, 2002 at 2:01 AM

Hey, Anybody knows what would be the name of Czerniachowsk / Tschernyachovsk / Cerniahovsk / Tserniachovsk - the city in the Kaliningrad region formerly known as Insterburg or Wystruc? I cannot find it on the VT - probbaly because of misspelling, and there is no list of all destinations any more!

1 Answer Sep 20, 2002 at 2:12 AM