change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• boasnovas's Profile Photo

Best way from Bali to Bromo

Indonesia 5 hours ago

I am leaving from Bali heading to Yojakarta.
      I would like to visit Bromo on the way.
      What is the best way to do that? By plane? Bus?
      Tks

more
    • boasnovas's Profile Photo

tour guide

Makassar Yesterday

Hello
      Can anyone recommend a guide to spend 4 days in Rantepao area?
      thnks

more
    • Driver recommendation for 2 days

Bandung Nov 24, 2014 at 8:58 AM

Hi all. I will be heading to Bandung for a 3D2N trip and intended to hire a driver for the first 2 days. Anyone can recommend some reliable with good reputation drivers/company to me please? Anyone used DOM and Zafiracar before? Any comments on their service? Thank you very much.

more
    • Aligatour Tour company for Sukamade tour?

Banyuwangi Nov 1, 2014 at 5:31 PM

Seen what looks like a very professional tour company based in Banyuwangi called aligatours

http://aligatours.com/about-us/

who organise tours to places like Mount Bromo tours, Ijen Crater, Baluran, Menjangan island and Sukamade.
      Prices are good and they respond to questions quickly so seem good but I can't find any reviews on the company.
      Has anybody had any experience with them and willing to comment?

more
    • Taking Lamb meat

Bali Nov 25, 2014 at 6:33 PM

Hi there,
      does anyone know about new rules for taking Lamb meat to Bali?
      we are going Bali in December and plan to take 20 kg of lamb meat with us, i know we have declare it but what is the procedure after that?
      thanks

more
    • joglosemar bus to semarang

Solo Nov 22, 2014 at 4:52 PM

Hi
      I have not been able to glean much information from their website about the travel time to semarang and the tariffs.
      appreciate if any member who has ridden with them can help.
      regards

more
    • Hotels near Borobudur

Yogyakarta Nov 21, 2014 at 10:45 PM

Hi everyone, I read in this forum that the Manohara Hotel is the closest hotel to Borobudur, so I supposse it is about one hour from Yogiakarta. Can you tell me the location, and aproximate rates?
      Does anyone know the Amanjiwo Hotel? Is it located near Borobudur? Can someone tell me how far is this hotel from Yogiakarta?
      Thank you for your help.
      Alfredo

more
    • alycat's Profile Photo

Yoga/spa rejuvenation trip

Bali Nov 14, 2014 at 6:08 AM

Hello all,

Can anyone suggest a reputable, serene, and safe spa resort providing Ayurveda (panchakarma) and yoga therapies for a girl travelling alone. She is an acquaintance of mine and is looking for an extended stay for 2-3 weeks at a same location. She is a US citizen and will she need a visa?

I would greatly appreciate if anyone can suggest a travel agency or website she can lookout for as an American traveling from the US to Indonesia.

Thanks in advance! Ali

more
    • Places to visit and cheaper places to stay.

Bali Nov 10, 2014 at 3:25 AM

Looking for safe and decent priced places to stay in Bali, Ubud, and Borneo and suggestions on places to visit. Possibly two weeks in those places Thanks!

more
    • jacquiebroeckx's Profile Photo

trekking in ketambe

Sumatra Nov 6, 2014 at 8:49 PM

Wondering what equipment to bring whilst jungle trekking over night in Ketambe?
      Should i buy proper hiking boots?
      Can anyone recommend any kind of leach and bug repellents?
      Can anyone recommend any trek guides that will maximise the experience for my boyfriend and I?

more
    • dannyboy13's Profile Photo

looking for people to hang out with in bali and or travel with

Bali Nov 6, 2014 at 7:32 AM

Well yeah I'm interning at the veterinary department here for 3 weeks in denpasar but work is pretty scarce lmao..if anyone wants to chill, travel or even grab some shisha let me know!

more
    • Our Driver Putu from trip 2010

Ubud Nov 2, 2014 at 4:39 AM

Hi,

does anyone recognize Putu from this picture?

He was our driver when we stayed in Ubud Feb to March 2010.

Now we are coming back i December and would love to have him as out driver again, but I cant find his business card with mail address or phone.

Anyone out there able to help?

Regards

Christian

more
    • dragontml's Profile Photo

accommodation

Lombok Oct 29, 2014 at 11:12 PM

Hi travelers, we will be traveling to Lombok first time in May 2015 and would like to know best area for us to stay. Ease to move around to beach / street food / restaurants.
      We have four nights and thinking of splitting the say in two different locations.

Thanks !

more
    • Zara86's Profile Photo

Travelling as a lone parent with a child

Bali Oct 29, 2014 at 5:19 AM

Hi all,

just wondering whether anyone had any advice on travelling to Bali as a single mother with a 7 year old. I was looking to travel to Ubud and then Sanur, for around 2ish weeks (maybe 3). Does anyone have any tips, advice or recommendations on "must do" activities?. I want my son to experience as much of the culture as possible, without boring him, as well as a fun beach holiday. Plus, I would like to know if it is safe. I have read the Balaniese people adore children, but would like some feedback from someone who knows their way around or may be a single parent that has travelled with a child themselves.

Many thanks!

more
    • Friese's Profile Photo

Lombok: how to get from Lembar Port to North part or to Gili ?

Bali Nov 25, 2014 at 8:44 PM

Hello :)

Could you help me, please? :)
      My husband and I are going to Bali & Lombok / Gili in April 2015.

1) Maybe do you know, how we can get from the port in Lombok (Lembar) to the North area in Lombok? :)
      Here is map what I mean: http://oi59.tinypic.com/28thoqd.jpg

2) If we get off the boat (cheaper one: lombok-network.com/by_boat.h...) in Lombok at 01:00 am or 7:00 am - do you know is there any buses which can takes us to Nothern area of Lombok?
      2a) If yes, do you know where I can find time of departures this buses and prices? ;)
      (We hear that is better to avoid taxi drivers and thats why we prefer buses)

3) Or how to get from Lombok to Gili?

I will extremely thankful for you for any information :)
      Kind regards! :)

more
    • semarang to solo

Semarang Nov 17, 2014 at 12:56 AM

what is the best way to travel between semarang and solo?

more
    • Lounge in Jakarta Airport

Jakarta Nov 11, 2014 at 7:54 AM

Hi,

Heard that there's a nice lounge/club in Jakarta airport which we can enjoy buffet. Can anyone help me about this? My flight departing Jakarta is 8:30pm while hotel check out time is 12 noon. Since I may not do any touring but rather stay at the airport if there's a place for food and can relax.

Many tks,

more
    • jacquiebroeckx's Profile Photo

Self Drive Sumatra

Sumatra Nov 6, 2014 at 8:46 PM

Anyone have any advice for my boyfriend and I who plan to hire an SUV from Medan and drive around Northern Sumatra?
      Our itinerary is; medan- Tangkahan - Berastagi - Danau Toba - Ketambe - Banda Aceh - Pulau Weh - back down around the west coast to Medan. We've planned to spend about 3 weeks.

Any advice would be great.

more
    • hotel in bali from iran

Bali Oct 29, 2014 at 6:08 AM

hello

i am travel azhancy in iran and i want to send some of my passengers to bali but i cant find cheap hotel for theme.travelres has paied money in our site tourgah.ir/tag/%D8%AA%D9%88%...

and they sign uped and now i cant payback thier money please help me

more
    • Cheap but Affordable Hotel in Bali

Bali Nov 18, 2014 at 8:38 PM

Hi,

Anyone with a suggestion? This is for 2 persons only. Also is it recommended to hire a private driver to tour us around? Hope someone can help. Thanks!

more
    • dljdunn's Profile Photo

Samarinda to Pontianak Overland and River

by dljdunn Online Now Oct 12, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Interested in travelling by boat and foot from Samarinda to Pontianak during the dry season 2014 (Aug or Sept?. Anyone who has, what is your advice? Also interested in travel companions.

1 Answer Dec 25, 2013 at 4:46 PM
    • Traveling Partner: Orang Utan at Samboja Borneo

by wahyubhas Online Now Feb 23, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Hi, on 8 - 10 march 2013 im planning to go the Orang Utan tour at Samboja Borneo, currently looking for traveling partner, because it need at least 2 people for the package. anyone interested to join, dont hesitate to contact me :)

thank you

• From Kuta Kinabalu to Labuan Klambu

by peterjwilliamson Online Now Aug 26, 2011 at 10:39 AM

Hello. I would really appreciate some advice from anyone in the know.

I will fly to Kinabalu from Kuala Lumpar around 20th Feb 2012. I have no time constraints and will be taking around 6k with me.

I have no real plan, but I really want to see the salt AND freshwater Lake Labuan Cermin near Labuan Klambu.

What means of public transport would I have available? Will this break my budget for other countries attempting this - tour guide and pass costs etc? I see some tours online and costs can be nearly £1000 for just a few days! I would be happy I could just reach this place on my own.

I'll be travelling alone and backpacking it. I can live in cheap accomodation and am not really heading for any party scenes. Having to wait for a few days here and there wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

Any info will be greatly appreciated

6 Answers Aug 27, 2011 at 3:58 AM
    • Klotok hire

by PRiches76 Online Now Jun 13, 2011 at 1:47 PM

We would like to hire a klotok for 3 nights, 2 days this August in Tanjung Puting NP. We are going to arrive in Kumai and would like to know if it is advisable to book hire in advance or should we be ok to wait until we are there? We have been quoted £550 for 2 people (food, entry inc), seems steep or am I tight? Also, is this the best way to see the park or are there any alternatives you have tried? Thanks.

2 Answers Jun 1, 2013 at 1:48 PM
    • liquidguru's Profile Photo

equator line

by liquidguru Online Now Feb 24, 2010 at 11:55 PM

I just want to confirm something - in jeep401somethings posting about visiting the equator monument, they said the museum is free. Is th entrance to the monument also free of charge?
      Thanks

1 Answer Feb 25, 2010 at 12:13 AM
    • Western Kalimantan

by reu Online Now Jan 3, 2007 at 10:18 PM

Has anyone visited the western portion of Kalimantan, specifically I'm interested in Gunung Palung National Park outside of Ketapang? Is it accessible? Is it worth visiting over other Orangutan sanctuaries? I've heard these orangutans are "wild" and not rescued. Is it worth the effort to get to such a remote location or would our time be better spent on the east and south coasts? Any feedback would be most helpful.:)

reu

• Safety

by malaluna Online Now May 21, 2006 at 7:17 AM

Hi,

going to Borneo this August a nd I am wondering about safety there, especially as I am a woman travelling alone.
      Any advice would do.
      Thanks.

5 Answers Apr 11, 2012 at 12:50 AM
    • travel around Kalimantan

by sorcerer100 Online Now Apr 16, 2006 at 7:54 PM

We are thinking of travelling to Kalimantan in february 2006 and want to know what the transport system is like there and where are the best places to visit. Also we want to see orangutans and if anyone knows where we can do that please let us know. What is the best way into kalimantan from brunei as we have a stopover enroute back to Australia. Accomodation and prices would also be agreat help. Thanks Mike Mizzi

4 Answers May 25, 2006 at 9:26 PM
    • picek's Profile Photo

weather december-february and other things

by picek Online Now Oct 17, 2005 at 2:32 AM

Hello, selamat pagi to all again,

I need your advice-help again:)
      how is the weather like in Sabah and Sarawak from December-February? Lots of rain?

How about prices if you compare that with peninsular Malaysia... is it lot more expensive (accomodation-guest houses, bus, food...etc) in Sarawak-Sabah?

And what is popular (local) food there:)?

Terima kasih for all answers. Saya menghargainya!
      Vesna

4 Answers Oct 21, 2005 at 2:17 PM
    • picek's Profile Photo

from Pontianak to Kuching

by picek Online Now Oct 2, 2005 at 7:02 AM

Selamat pagi, dear VTers!
      This is my first question at VT forum and I hope one can help me with it:) I am travelling to Indonesia/Malaysia this winter and I have limited time of 3,5 months all together for this trip. First I would like to stay 1 month in Malaysia and then I have to go out of country, because without visa I can be there only 1 month. Then I was thinking about 2 or 1,5 month of Indonesia,so far I haven't decided about where to go there yet as it seems all so huge and the matter of distances is also unknown to me. However, there's a question I would like to ask you, those who are familiar with Klimatan/Sarawak: is there any overland border crossing (official) between the two states? How about travel between Sarawak and Sabah and then return to Peninsular Malaysia?
      Thanks for all your answers in advance. Terima kasih!
      Picek

10 Answers Oct 7, 2005 at 7:32 PM