change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Christmas in Sri lanka with kids

Sri Lanka Nov 22, 2014 at 3:47 PM

Hello,

We are going to Srilanka for three weeks with kids (8,10) where would be a good place to send Christmas? Mirissa?

We were thinking beach, mountains, wildlife park and elephants. What order woud you suggest from a transport point of view? considering a mix of budget and more expensive.

Any tips really/recommendations would be very gratefully received.

Rosa

more
    • Christmas in Sri lanka with kids

Sri Lanka Nov 22, 2014 at 3:47 PM

Hello,

We are going to Srilanka for three weeks with kids (8,10) where would be a good place to send Christmas? Mirissa?

We were thinking beach, mountains, wildlife park and elephants. What order woud you suggest from a transport point of view? considering a mix of budget and more expensive.

Any tips really/recommendations would be very gratefully received.

Rosa

more
    • beruwala to adams peak

Beruwala Nov 3, 2014 at 12:03 PM

Hi, we wanted to visit Adams Peak and are staying at the Cinnamon Bey, Beruwala. We looked at getting a train and it was going to take so long! So is it possible to get a taxi there and if so what would be the cost?

Thanks!

more
    • SRI LANKA TOUR FROM 29TH NOVEMBER'2014 TO 5TH DECEMBER'2014

Sri Lanka Nov 18, 2014 at 3:00 AM

MYSELF AND MY WIFE , BOTH AROUND 65 YEARS OF AGE ARE GOING IN A GROUP TOUR WITH ITENARAY : SIGARIYA 1N, CANDY 1N , NUWARA ELIYA 2N , BENTOTA 1N AND COLOMBO 1N A TOTAL OF 6 NIGHTS AND 7 DAYS' TOUR. PLEASE SUGGEST CLOTHING AND OTHER IMPORTANT THINGS TO CARRY FOR THIS ITENARARY. HOW WILL BE THE WEATHER AT THESE LOCATIONS IN SRI LANKA AT THAT TIME.

more
    • Masha_M's Profile Photo

how is the weather in January?

Trincomalee Nov 13, 2014 at 10:11 PM

Hi, how is the weather in January in Trincomalee and at the beaches on the East coast? I know it's rainy season, but can you still enjoy a nice beach holiday? Are most hotels open? Do people still stay on the beach? Or is it all deserted due to bad weather? Would south coast be much better? Or just a little better?
      Thanks!

more
    • Eden Hotel And Weather in November

Beruwala Nov 11, 2014 at 6:08 AM

Hi,

I'm planning to stay in Sri Lanka on the 18th November at the Eden Resort. What is this hotel like?

Can someone please advise on what the weather will be like?

Also not really sure on what to do about getting the currency - would it be best to get it at the hotel using either card or cash?
      Or take US$ Travellers cheques?

Are there any good restaurants and bars walking distance away from the hotel? If not by Tuk Tuk - are they easy to use and how cheap?

Many thanks

Many thanks

more
    • Please look at my itinerary and let me know if there are serious problems with my plans

Sri Lanka Nov 3, 2014 at 6:10 PM

I appreciate your help so much. Having never traveled to Sri Lanka, I don't know if I am making plans which are reasonable......or not
      So far, this is what I am planning....please give your input......I value your opinions:
      Colombo Feb 19 (1 night) we arrive 15 minutes after midnight on the 20th)
      Ayurvedic spa Feb 20-25 (5 nights)
      Kandi (traveling from there to Sgiriya and Dambulla) Feb 25-27 (2 nights)
      Ella 27-March 1 (2 nights)
      Yala March 1-3 (2 nights)
      Colombo March 3-4 traveling to Singapore (1 night to catch a plane)
      I look forward to your input....thank you so much
      Jennie

more
    • 4 days in Sri Lanks

Sri Lanka Nov 9, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Hi!

My husband and I are planning on going to Sri Lanka for 4 days. Looking at the tourism websites it seems like we wont be able to cover much but I would highly appreciate any help in picking out the absolute must-see places that can be visited in this short time so I can plan out my itinerary accordingly. I am most excited about the elephant safaris!

Your help will be highly appreciated!

Thanks!

more
    • massot's Profile Photo

SRI LANKA, 14 days in January

Sri Lanka Nov 26, 2014 at 4:25 AM

Probably from 10 to 24 January. Arriving from Qatar, our first visit (we live in Barcelona).
      Also we wont to stay a few days (5-6) in Maldives, and it seems than the best way is a return trip from Colombo.
      What visits do you advice in SLanka? Cities, NP or nature, people, temples,...
      Going around the country, is a good idea to rent a car? IIs it better the train and bus and some taxi or that is too hard (I am 70, in good condition!, travelling with my wife, also fit for the age).
      Do you know a good agency, just to ask for a private travel, and to know prices?
      Thanks, my friends, for any help
      Dr. Roma Massot. Barcelona.
      26th November 2014

more