change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• tayzm274's Profile Photo

Darwin to Kakadu

by tayzm274 Online Now Aug 11, 2013 at 2:51 PM

how long does it take to get from Darwin to Kakadu?

11 Answers Aug 30, 2013 at 2:51 PM
    • Jim Jim & Twin Falls in May

by leighjohnson Online Now Nov 8, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Hi
      We are planning a trip of the Darwin/ Kakadu & Katherine Regions in late May 2013. One of the areas I have read about which interests us, is the Jim Jim falls and Twin falls area. We will be hiring a 4WD from a hire car company (and need to read the fine print on using this) but I cannot find much information on whether this is feasible or not.
      Is there enough water running in the falls at this time of the year, and therefore worth the extra money to hire a 4WD, as this is really the main reason for us to do this.
      I researched doing a tour of these falls, but they don't start until June, so this bothers me a little as well, as is it unsafe for us to drive in this area?
      Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
      Leigh

4 Answers Nov 9, 2012 at 11:02 PM
    • sirgaw's Profile Photo

Advise please

by sirgaw Online Now May 13, 2012 at 5:35 AM

Hi, Lady Gaw and I have been lucky enough to score a half price booking (buy one get one free) for The Ghan from Darwin to Adelaide in July. We are now quickly considering a 10 day holiday in NT where we've never been to before. We are NOT huntin, fishin campin types, but are thinking of 3 nights Darwin then rent a 2WD for time in Kakadu followed by 2 nights Katherine and then finish up with a further 2 nights Darwin. Everything in the way of accom in Kakadu is expensive but we can't decide between 2 or 3 nights and perhaps all in Jabiru with 2 day trips from there and see something else in the half day available before we head to Katherine. We want to be able to go see Katherine Gorge but not a "hurry up and get going" whistle stop tour from The Ghan with only 4 hours stop over in the town.

So:
      1. Where would you stay in Kakadu and I'm leaning towards Aurora Kakadu Lodge?
      2. How long would you stay?
      3. Is the park pass @25 per head usable in Katherine Gorge as well as Kakadu?
      Thanks.

12 Answers May 16, 2012 at 10:40 AM
    • Romantic and quiet location

by Jikax Online Now Oct 18, 2011 at 11:23 AM

Hi, in march 2012 me and my girlfriend intend to go to australia for a month in march 2012. And i thought this is a nice opportunity to ask her to marry me. We will start our journey in Darwin and go to kakadu in the first few days.

Now my question: what are nice, romantic and quiet locations near the kakadu national park? It would be nice if we could be alone.

thanks!

4 Answers Oct 20, 2011 at 6:44 PM
    • What to see and choose

by fendleroc Online Now Oct 10, 2010 at 8:36 AM

Hello

I 'll go to australia in september 2011 and spend some time in Kakadu. I plan to visit Lichtfield, Kakadu and back to Darwin

I skip Katherine gorge, because some people were disapointed: Is it true
      Is it possible to visit Lichfield and travel to Cooinda on the same day
      In Kakadu I plan to visit Gunlom, maguk, yellow water criuse, nourlangie and Ubir before staying at Point stuart.

Thank you for your answers

Thank you

3 Answers Oct 25, 2010 at 1:40 AM
    • swdke's Profile Photo

Drive time between Darwin airport and Jabiru?

by swdke Online Now Sep 17, 2008 at 9:58 AM

Can anyone help with how long it will take to drive from Darwin airport to Jabiru?

Also, what is drive time from Jabiru to Cooinda?

Looking for the actual time it dates to drive from one location to the other, not km distance.

Thanks for your help.

4 Answers Sep 22, 2008 at 3:39 AM
    • Transport from Darwin airport to Gagudju Lodge Cooinda

by PRG Online Now Jul 12, 2008 at 5:00 PM

Hi all,

Can any person give me the transport options availble from Darwin airport to Gagudju Lodge Cooinda. Walking is a bit too far.

Cheers,

Pete.

3 Answers Aug 25, 2008 at 12:10 AM
    • swdke's Profile Photo

Kakadu In November, what to expect, what is open, closed?

by swdke Online Now Apr 16, 2008 at 10:03 AM

I'll be in Kakadu National Park in November, on the 21st and 22nd. I read that this is the wet season, and some attractions or access to attractions is not permissable. Then, I also read that the real wet season is not till late December and January. Can anyone share what I can really expect? What sights will I not have access too? Also, this time of year, what is open, and what are the sights and attractions not to be missed? Thank you?

7 Answers Aug 25, 2008 at 12:06 AM
    • 1+1's Profile Photo

Kakadu entry fee

by 1+1 Online Now Dec 13, 2004 at 4:17 PM

Actually a notice rather than a question. As of 20 December 2004 the entry fee into Kakadu ($16.25 per person) will be abolished. If you go in on the 19th you'll have to pay. The camping and other fees will stay the same. The latest information now is that they are planning to close the entry station (fee collection place) at noon on the 19th. So going in during the afternoon will save you money. The entry station normally closes about 6PM. But after that day it won't be opening again.

2 Answers Jun 2, 2008 at 3:10 PM
    • Restaurants

by Bake_101 Online Now Aug 14, 2004 at 11:38 PM

What different restaurants are available in the Kakadu region of the northern territory and where are they situated? What price range are they in? What are the star ratings? Thanks Bake_101

3 Answers Aug 15, 2004 at 4:08 PM
    • mosquitos in July

by ciarrai2 Online Now Jun 5, 2004 at 4:58 PM

I will be visiting Kakadu in the beginning of July. Any problem with mosquitos and insects in Kakadu at that time?

3 Answers Jun 7, 2004 at 3:08 PM