Kakadu National Park Travel Answers

change location

Romantic and quiet location

by Jikax Online Now Oct 18, 2011 at 11:23 AM

Hi, in march 2012 me and my girlfriend intend to go to australia for a month in march 2012. And i thought this is a nice opportunity to ask her to marry me. We will start our journey in Darwin and go to kakadu in the first few days.

Now my question: what are nice, romantic and quiet locations near the kakadu national park? It would be nice if we could be alone.

thanks!

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo

Re: Romantic and quiet location

by CatherineReichardt Online Now Oct 18, 2011 at 11:44 AM

Hi
    Plenty of lovely places in Kakadu, but I'll leave those to others who know the area better than I to elaborate.
    My personal preference would not be for Kakadu, but rather for one of the waterfalls in Litchfield National Park where there are many beautiful waterfalls, several of which you can swim in. It's only about 100km south of Darwin, and I think it's much underrated.
    I would also consider the stunningly beautiful Katherine Gorge a couple of hours further south, but that is a little further out, and you may not be heading out in that direction. Absolutely gorgeous!
    Good luck, wherever you decide to Do the Deed, and I wish you all the joy and fulfilment a happy marriage can bring.
    Regards
    Cathy

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Josilver's Profile Photo

by Josilver Online Now Oct 18, 2011 at 2:45 PM

I was going to say Litchfield NP too.

• AlbuqRay's Profile Photo

by AlbuqRay Online Now Oct 19, 2011 at 7:11 AM

I would recommend Moline Rock Hole in the southern part of Kakadu. It is a beautiful place with a waterfall and you probably will not see anyone else at all.

• sirgaw's Profile Photo

by sirgaw Online Now Oct 20, 2011 at 6:44 PM

>It would be nice if we could be alone.

From people maybe - from critters with large teeth and/or fangs, another maybe. Don't drop the ring - LOL

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines