Kakadu National Park Travel Answers

change location

What to see and choose

by fendleroc Online Now Oct 10, 2010 at 8:36 AM

Hello

I 'll go to australia in september 2011 and spend some time in Kakadu. I plan to visit Lichtfield, Kakadu and back to Darwin

I skip Katherine gorge, because some people were disapointed: Is it true
Is it possible to visit Lichfield and travel to Cooinda on the same day
In Kakadu I plan to visit Gunlom, maguk, yellow water criuse, nourlangie and Ubir before staying at Point stuart.

Thank you for your answers

Thank you

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • sirgaw's Profile Photo

Re: What to see and choose

by sirgaw Online Now Oct 11, 2010 at 1:38 AM

Book mark as I'm considering a trip to the same area.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • albaaust's Profile Photo

by albaaust Online Now Oct 12, 2010 at 5:24 AM

You don't mention how you plan to do this...will you have your own car and do you plan to book a specific tour? Cooinda is a nice place to stay and use as a base for exploring Kakadu.

• Mikebb's Profile Photo

by Mikebb Online Now Oct 25, 2010 at 1:40 AM

Well you are certailly going to have an enjoyable time. I think NT offers something not available anywhere else in Australia and is a very special place in the world.

The earlier you travel in Sept , the better. July and August are the best weather, Sept is good, but after that the humidity will increase. There is an abubdance of tours available, backpacker type for young people all the way up to the more luxurious for the "old folk". Whatever tour you take everyone ends up swimming under the waterfall together.

We took a 10 day AAT Kings tour August 2009, visited all the places you mentioned. Kakadu is amazing. Feel free to visit my pages.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines