Kailua-Kona

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Hawaii Aloha Travel

Hawaii (State of) 13 minutes ago

Has anyone used this company for their travel plans? I have only ever used a travel agent that I can go to and sit down with.
      We like to rent a condo with full kitchen and washer/dryer in unit and it sounds like they only use hotels for reservations. I wrote to them and asked about the condo and all I received as an answer was a sales pitch but no answer to my question.

more
    • ask someone who know the road about the destination I want to go

Hawaii (State of) Jul 7, 2014 at 6:29 PM

How can i go to the Iolani Palace from Pearl Harbor by public traffic,such as bus or Waikiki Trolley.I hope someone could tell me quickly,i'm in hurry.Thank you very much

more
    • Date ideas Teen

Maui Jun 22, 2014 at 3:31 AM

Things to do on Maui for a date which are unique

more
    • Accommodation outside of Waikiki

Honolulu Jul 8, 2014 at 3:23 PM

Hi, can you suggest some places to stay outside of Waikiki? There are four of us travelling and we are looking for a 2 bed apartment with kitchen, close to beach and dining but a bit quieter than Waikiki. Thanks.

more
    • waikiki accommodation

Waikiki Jun 29, 2014 at 5:42 AM

best value for money "ocean front" accommodation in waikiki

more
    • Help with luau

Maui Jul 3, 2014 at 7:10 AM

What is the best luau in Maui?

more
    • Jefie's Profile Photo

First time in Hawaii - where should I go?

Hawaii (State of) Jun 21, 2014 at 9:18 AM

Hi! I'm hoping to visit Hawaii for the first time in October, and I'd like to get some input as to which island(s) I should visit. I'm not much into the whole beach scene, but I'd like to see the volcanoes, do some hiking and explore some historic sites. I'll have about 2 weeks to tour around Hawaii. What would you recommend and why?

more
    • looking for a great place for dinner in Poipu area

Kauai Jun 25, 2014 at 1:35 AM

Hi! Our family will be going to Kauai this Saturday and I'm looking for a place to go have a nice dinner on Sunday night. We are staying in Poipu. We are 4 adults and two recent high school graduates (17&18), so places geared toward families with young kids are not preferred (not on vacation, sorry!). We already have the luau experience scheduled for Monday; just looking for suggestions on a casual BUT memorable place to go that's not going to break the bank either. We are open to mostly all types of cuisine. Some place to also celebrate Mom's birthday (67)?

more
    • Molokai most popular restaurant

Molokai Jun 22, 2014 at 12:44 AM

What is the most popular restaurant in Molokai?

more
    • Saar123's Profile Photo

Which part of Kona best to stay?

by Saar123 Online Now May 18, 2014 at 8:56 PM

Hi,
      I plan 3 days in the Kona area (before flying back to europe).
      Which part of the Kona area are best to stay, knowing that I am a solo traveller, do not like resorts and malls, but would like to experience a cosy atmosphere with small reataurants and bars?
      Thanks for your advice!

7 Answers May 24, 2014 at 5:47 AM
    • Cuts from lava rock

by ronmantel Online Now Oct 22, 2013 at 11:20 PM

My wife fell when we were in Kailua Kona and cut her self (more like a puncture) on lava rock and it is quite infected any suggestions besides neosporene

6 Answers Oct 23, 2013 at 3:34 PM
    • Green Sands Beach

by dctbrown Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 8:20 PM

One review says its a 5 mile hike while another says a local will drive ... is there alwasy someone who will drive you there without making you broke?

3 Answers May 15, 2013 at 1:13 AM
    • car rentals

by aucangen Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Is it cheaper to rent a car from the airport or in a downtown location in Kona? Also, has anyone used costco to rent a car and how does it compare to the other agencies. Thank you

1 Answer Mar 1, 2013 at 8:33 PM
    • RickinDutch's Profile Photo

Winter Temps?

by RickinDutch Online Now Feb 26, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Planning a family reunion in Kona next Christmas. Stayed at the water's edge in June and found it very hot. Is it hot and hardly any trades in winter as well? Should we plan on going up the hill for the trades?

3 Answers Feb 28, 2013 at 9:39 AM
    • Need a nice place to stay

by timba Online Now Aug 8, 2012 at 12:28 AM

I need a place for one night for me my wife, son and his girlfriend. Just need it nice and large enough for a night.
      Thanks for the help.

1 Answer Feb 26, 2013 at 5:37 PM
    • Pick-up Soccer in Kailua and Surroundings

by dre1988 Online Now May 21, 2010 at 2:11 PM

Hi folks,

I'll be visiting Kailua, Big Island over the next 2 weeks and would love to continue playing pick-up soccer on my trips to the Hawaiian Islands. Do you know of any pick-up games occurring on the West side of Big Island?

Thanks!

• Hard Rock cafe

by djeanb Online Now May 24, 2009 at 7:30 PM

I heard the Hard Rock Cafe has been closed down due to the economy, is this true?
      Donna

1 Answer May 24, 2009 at 11:39 PM
    • Obama Inauguration

by LSWihl Online Now Jan 2, 2009 at 5:36 PM

We'll be in Kailua-Kona the day Obama is inaugurated. I know that Hilo has a party going on but what's happening in Kailua-Kona and is it opened to some mainlanders joining in?

1 Answer Jan 19, 2009 at 7:20 PM
    • Recommendations for oceanfront condo

by ClevelandMom Online Now Sep 22, 2008 at 6:54 AM

I'll be staying in Kailua-Kona Feb. 7-12, 2009 and am looking for an oceanfront condo with either 2 or 3 bedrooms. It will be me, my husband, my mother and my 2 year old son. So, either a 2 bedroom with a pull out or spare bed, or a 3 bedroom. I've received quotes from the following properties that have availability. Have you stayed in any of these or can you recommend one?

Alii Villas

White Sands Village

Kona Bali Kai

Keauhou-Kona Surf and Racquet (Townhouse)

I am also looking for availability at Sea Village or Banyan Tree, however the above properties are the ones who have already gotten back to me so far. We are not looking for anything fancy, something clean, with 1000 square feet or more, and close enough to the ocean that we can hear the waves. Plus, something where our two year old will feel free to run around.

Mahalo!

4 Answers Sep 24, 2008 at 12:17 PM
    • driving from Kailua-Kona to go see lava

by neehow Online Now Jun 28, 2008 at 8:21 PM

Hello! I'll have a rental car at Kona as of 9 am and need to return it around 5pm the same day. Is there any WAY I can see live lava flow? I need to see it and want to see it in person. Help - I'm willing to drive a great distance to experience this once in a lifetime phenomena. Please help me - local advice needed.

Aloha. . .
      Allison

5 Answers Jan 2, 2009 at 4:41 AM
    • Weather in 1st week of February

by icecream88 Online Now Jun 18, 2008 at 1:18 PM

I’m planning to go to Kona, HI Jan 31 – Feb 7, 2009 and was wondering what the weather will be like. Will it be sunny/rainy/stormy? What is the temperature like?
      Thinking of staying at the Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort. What is there to do around there? Is this a good area to stay in?

Thanks!

2 Answers Jun 21, 2008 at 12:08 PM
    • Black Sands Beach

by zoegriz Online Now Sep 6, 2007 at 8:07 AM

Has anyone stayed at the Black Sands Beach House? What do you think of it? Also, I am in the Air Force but cant find anything on the Marine Corps Base and what it has to offer and if it has a hotel at the base - does anyone know? Where is the best place to go Scuba diving? Thank you for you help - cant wait to go in Jan.

• danmcf's Profile Photo

Hard Rock City-T

by danmcf Online Now Jul 31, 2007 at 6:16 PM

Hoping some fine VT'er can help me out in getting a Kona Hard Rock Cafe City-T. Especially somebody who could accept a paypal payment (although, I can mail you a money order also)
      Have started collecting these for the past few years and am trying to 'retrofit' my collection.
      Either post here, or just email mail me directly.

Thanx in advance.
      Dan

2 Answers Aug 5, 2007 at 5:51 PM
    • paco5133's Profile Photo

Golf in Kona

by paco5133 Online Now May 23, 2007 at 2:58 PM

How much should I expect to pay for a round of golf (and I need to rent clubs) in Kona near the Marriot resort in Waikoloa? Also, what is the best area to go scuba diving in?

4 Answers May 25, 2007 at 10:42 AM
    • Rent A Car

by classic512 Online Now Mar 4, 2007 at 5:26 PM

I will be arriving on the Carnival Spirit on April 24. I will be traveling with 6 people. We want to rent a car, I would like to know, what would be the best rent a car compamy to use. we need a mini van.
      Thank you

1 Answer Mar 5, 2007 at 7:55 PM
    • LOOKING FOR FUN TRUSTING, expereienced BABYSITTER

by tabassumbhaghani Online Now Feb 28, 2007 at 5:10 PM

Our family will be visiting Hawaii On March 13-March 23. We have two children 4.5 and 2.5. We will need periodic babysitting services to help the grandparents wiht taking care of kids. You will not be alone wiht the kids we just need a female babysitter ages20-30 who is energetic and fun and responsible to help with entertaining kids, food prep when husband and I want some time to get away for afew hours. Can someone please advise me or even get me numbers of people with references? Thanks!!!!

1 Answer Jul 15, 2007 at 8:52 PM
    • going to do it without a car

by BilyD Online Now Feb 26, 2007 at 3:22 PM

We will be staying at a time share(Kona Coast Resort) we will only be there for a week in October. Is it possible to use public transit for getting around and to and from groceries, etc.?

Thanks

2 Answers Mar 1, 2007 at 9:03 AM
    • jenn_d's Profile Photo

Children's Beach near Hilton?

by jenn_d Online Now Jan 30, 2007 at 9:22 AM

We are heading to the BIg Island for a wedding later this year and our 6 year old son will be joining us. We plan to rent a house near the Waikola Hilton where the wedding will be taking place. I'd like to stay within walking distance of a beach perhaps has a protected lagoon or is considered a children's beach. Any suggestions?

1 Answer Mar 26, 2007 at 9:10 PM
    • sunset dinner cruise

by lblough Online Now Jan 12, 2007 at 8:34 PM

there will be 6 of us going on a sunset cruise, is it only on Sat. eve and do we need to make reservations ( Jan 20) before we arrive? Any discounts on internet?
      We are interested in the 50' Hokuhele

• fishing

by hjhildo Online Now Dec 27, 2006 at 4:34 PM

Any suggestions as to who to get as your captain? Will be there for only a ady

1 Answer Jan 4, 2007 at 3:55 AM
    • swdke's Profile Photo

Breakfast recommendations in Waikoloa and Kona areas?

by swdke Online Now Oct 5, 2006 at 7:30 AM

Breakfast recommendations in Waikoloa and Kona areas?

2 Answers Oct 6, 2006 at 12:44 AM
    • hotel /condo recommendation for IronMan Competition

by mfenrn Online Now Jun 11, 2006 at 2:55 AM

My niece is competing in the Ironman this October. She is staying @ a resort condo in Keauhou. She suggests I look for a hotel Btween Palani Dr and the end of Alii Drive as they will be running in that area. Has anyone attended the event as a spectator that can recommend a hotel or condo that would be along this route?

3 Answers Aug 24, 2007 at 7:31 PM
    • Wireless Internet in Kona?

by SouthPaw1227 Online Now Jun 6, 2006 at 7:58 AM

My wife & I will be going on our honeymoon to Kona in late August. We're staying at the "Fairfield Hawaii at Kona Hawaiian Resort".

Does anyone know if that resort offers free Wireless Internet access? If not, where's the cloest WiFi hot spot near Kona?

My reasoning is that I'm in a MBA program and will need to access my work while honeymooning (tragic, I know!)

Thanks!

3 Answers Aug 24, 2007 at 8:00 PM
    • kailua-kona vs. waikiki beach

by ktoole Online Now May 24, 2006 at 8:29 PM

My husband and I are traveling to Hawaii in January, and we are debating between going to Kailua Kona or to Waikiki Beach. Any suggestions on which one we should go to and why you suggest that it.
      Thanks...

3 Answers Jun 22, 2006 at 9:07 AM
    • romantic/secluded dinner

by Marulie Online Now Apr 27, 2006 at 10:25 AM

Hi
      I was wondering if you might be able to help me out. My partner and I are going on a belated honey moon (got married July 2nd 2005) to Kailua-Kona from May 20-27. I wanted to surprise her with a romantic sunset dinner cruise and I don't know how to arrange that or who has the best price. Do I book it before we go there? I also wanted to reserve a table at some romantic place for lunch or dinner one day. It could even be a little bit secluded/remote.
      Is there some place a little bit outside that I could take her to as a surprice.

I really appreciate your help as I am trying to see what I can do to
      make our vacation special.
      Thank you
      M

• B&B in the area

by Ligia67 Online Now Mar 16, 2006 at 9:16 AM

Since big resorts are not my thing, would anyone be able to recommend a bed and breakfast in Kailua-Kona area?

Tks,

3 Answers Aug 24, 2007 at 8:45 PM
    • swdke's Profile Photo

Hilton Waikola or Marriott Wailoka?

by swdke Online Now Dec 25, 2005 at 1:27 PM

Which would you choose if you had the choice between the Hilton Waikola or Marriott Wailoka? Thanks for your help and suggestions.

3 Answers Mar 17, 2006 at 3:59 PM
    • What to do???

by SchlBusMom Online Now Sep 11, 2005 at 12:58 PM

We are arriving on 9/14 and staying at the Fairmont Orchid Hotel and would like some info on the area. What is there to do? Is the hotel a good one? Thanks in advance for your tips!!!!!

1 Answer Sep 11, 2005 at 7:51 PM
    • Travel tips

by Elguapo1980 Online Now May 23, 2005 at 8:48 AM

My fiancé and I will be spending our honeymoon in Kailua-Kona.. we will be traveling from Denver, CO to Kailu-Kona, and checking in at the Sheraton Bay and Resort. What's the best way to get around? Does anyone know if this resort has a shuttle service to the city?
      Is there a local willing to rent us their vehicle for a couple of days?

Thanks for all of your replies

6 Answers May 26, 2005 at 8:50 AM