Kailua-Kona Travel Answers

change location

Weather in 1st week of February

by icecream88 Online Now Jun 18, 2008 at 1:18 PM

I’m planning to go to Kona, HI Jan 31 – Feb 7, 2009 and was wondering what the weather will be like. Will it be sunny/rainy/stormy? What is the temperature like?
Thinking of staying at the Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort. What is there to do around there? Is this a good area to stay in?

Thanks!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • BlueCollar's Profile Photo

Re: Weather in 1st week of February

by BlueCollar Online Now Jun 21, 2008 at 11:20 AM

You are close to the sights in the heart of Kona. However, not quite close enough to walk it. View the map on google:

maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...

That place is a huge timeshare. I'm sure it's a long walk just to get Ali'i Drive. Then you need to head north into Kona. Like I said - too far to walk.

With a rental car (a must), you'll be able to explore plenty around here.

The weather? Well, Kona is usually dry. Much more dry than Hilo. But you never know for sure. But I can say that the terrain reveals rainfall around here. And that is dry looking. For the pro's opining on weather, look here:

wunderground.com/US/HI/Kailu...

One good thing about your timing is that the humpback whales will be there. Be sure to find a seat along the deepwater coast and look for them. Or, maybe even take a boat tour.

Have a great trip!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • trvlrtom's Profile Photo

Re: Weather in 1st week of February

by trvlrtom Online Now Jun 21, 2008 at 12:08 PM

Weather shouldn't be a concern. As stated by the previous poster, Kona is on the dry side, Hilo on the wet side.
    One other great thing to do near Kona is visit the beaches at Kekaha Kai, a little north of town. They are not very crowded and quite beautiful - one of the highlights of our trip. Directions on how to get there are in one of my tips.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines