Kailua-Kona Travel Answers

change location
dmanww's Profile Photo

Flight Prices to Kona

by dmanww Online Now Sep 5, 2004 at 7:31 PM

Hi guys, I am planning to be on BI from Nov 29 to Dec 13. I'm wondering what advice you can give me on getting the plane tickets and a rental car. I would be flying Los Angels to Kona Is there a better time to buy tickets, or is it "the sooner the better"? What is a normal price for one. I would prefer non stop, but i've seen the prices a much higher. As far as the rental cars go, Would any of you recomend a specific compnay, or are most of the major one the same. Any other advice is also welcome. Mahalo

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Flight Prices to Kona

by joesorce Online Now Sep 6, 2004 at 10:33 AM

For a nonstop, the best rate will probably be found on American Airlines through expedia.com or qixo.com, they sometimes have American at discounted rates. Nov 30 you might have better prices, because Nov 29 is the last day of the biggest travel weekend of the year. HawaiianAir.com often has specials going...but do not fly nonstop to Kona. For rental car, your best rate is probably goalamo.com, try rate code YQ or rate code KT.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Flight Prices to Kona

by joesorce Online Now Sep 6, 2004 at 10:34 AM

note...if you own a car, check with your insurance company to see if your policy covers you in a rental car. If not, check with your credit card company as many gold cards and Amex plans will cover any damage. Otherwise, insurance will add150 per week or more to your rental car charges.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines