change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• jahall's Profile Photo

Transportation/car rental

Oahu Apr 1, 2015 at 4:58 PM

Hi - cruising May 16-23 and then staying at Turtle Bay 23-26. I will need ground transport from the airport to the cruise terminal and then from the cruise terminal to the rental car. Prefer private transport but more importantly reliable and quick. Some people say just wait til I get there and others say its important to have it all set up before I go. Prices are all over the map and reviews are too. Any advice would be appreciated.

more
    • jahall's Profile Photo

Cruise terminal

Oahu Mar 22, 2015 at 5:41 PM

Taking a cruise in May. Is it best to book the ground transportation with Norwegian ($60 pp!) or take a taxi from the airport to the cruise terminal? How easy will it be to get a taxi and what is the approximate cost?

more
    • jahall's Profile Photo

Turtle Bay Resort

Kahuku Mar 22, 2015 at 5:37 PM

Really want to stay here post-cruise. Pretty pricey. Do you think you can get a better rate if you just walk in without a reservation or is it usually pretty booked up? I'm assuming I'd need to rent a car? Any suggestions on the best/least expensive place to rent a car? Should I rent one before travelling or get one when we get there after the cruise?

more
    • 4 day bus pass

Honolulu Mar 20, 2015 at 7:21 PM

Are you able to purchase the 4 day bus pass at the airport or at the airport port bus stop?

more
    • jahall's Profile Photo

Turtle Bay Beach Villa

Kahuku Mar 22, 2015 at 5:43 PM

Want to stay here - I saw that you can rent one of the beach villas for virtually the same price as a room at the resort. I understand the only thing you can't use at the resort is the pool and of course there is no maid service. Has anyone rented one of the villas or stayed at the resort?

more
    • Discovery Passport

by JuanitaBenjamin Online Now Jan 15, 2010 at 9:07 AM

My sister, her husband, my husband and I will be visiting our son in Kailua on the Island of Oahu and would like to know if the Discovery Passport bus comes near where he lives on Aoloa Place? My sister is handicapped and can't walk long distances. We saw the article about the bus on the Travel Channel and want to see the Island that way if we can.

My son has to work while we are there and do not want to inconvience him while we are there.

• Seradoms's Profile Photo

A place to stay in Kailua that Easy On The Pocketbook

by Seradoms Online Now Oct 24, 2007 at 12:52 PM

There have been some great tips and forums for the Waikiki area and Honolulu, but I am looking for a cheap place to stay with my boyfriend for 3-4 days in November right in Kailua. I would be happy with a double mattress on the floor of a hut, a tent site on a beach, or just good 'ol fashioned budget hotel/hostels.

Suggestions? :-)

5 Answers Mar 22, 2011 at 8:20 PM
    • wanderlust23's Profile Photo

Kailua/Lanikai kayaking

by wanderlust23 Online Now Sep 9, 2003 at 1:37 PM

Hi there, I am travelling to Kailua in October and staying in a little rental near Lanikai beach. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with kayaking to the two islands in the distance there. They can be seen from Lanikai Beach and I have heard that one may kayak to them? Any tips or experiences with this? Thanks! TJ

2 Answers Mar 22, 2011 at 8:30 PM