Kaikoura Travel Answers

change location
Cabernetman's Profile Photo

Nins Bin - Beverage selection

by Cabernetman Online Now Dec 29, 2010 at 3:41 PM

Anyone here knows what sort of drinks to they sell at Nins Bin (if any). Would not mind some beer or wine to go with my crayfish and wondered if I have to BYO.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Kakapo2's Profile Photo

Re: Nins Bin - Beverage selection

by Kakapo2 Online Now Dec 29, 2010 at 4:16 PM

Can't tell, have never paid attention... But I can check it out when I go there next time, probably in Jan or early Feb.

When will you travel?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Cabernetman's Profile Photo

by Cabernetman Online Now Dec 29, 2010 at 7:08 PM

Thanks. Early Feb.

• Odinnthor's Profile Photo

by Odinnthor Online Now Dec 29, 2010 at 8:26 PM

Wow! That brings me back! This place has survived that long. Amazing! Its been around forever, and if it is like it used to be, I see no reason why they would object if you brought a bottle or two with you. Enjoy!.....d:o)

Just for contrast, I have not been there for over 30 years........d:o/

new-zealand-pictures.co.nz/k...

• Kakapo2's Profile Photo

by Kakapo2 Online Now Jan 5, 2011 at 6:54 PM

I checked it out earlier this week. They have cold drinks and Nescafé - and cold drinks means Coke, Sprite and Fanta. Can't remember if they had water. They sure do.

Normally such food stalls are not licensed. So best you bring your own. But do not get too carried away, as you should not drink too much alcohol when you drive along on this narrow and winding road. Do not forget about the drink-driving limit! But surely a glass of wine would not be a problem with the crayfish.

There are lots and lots of tables along the stretch of coast where Nin's Bin is located. And there were a real lot of people queueing for crayfish and mussels.

They accept eftpos and credit cards - because the food is not exactly cheap ;-))

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines