change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• srinii's Profile Photo

Pondicherry , india

Pondicherry 10 hours ago

Visiting Pondicherry nxt week for the Aurovile half marathon run.Need suggestion for places of stay near Aurovile.

more
    • is trekking possible in 1st week of feb

Manali Jan 10, 2016 at 9:49 AM

Advices for gears & trekking routes or such adventures 4 upcoming month of feb

more
    • NILANJANMAJUMDAR85's Profile Photo

9th March to 13th March Gangtok Trip

Gangtok 12 hours ago

Hey folks, I'm like only a day old on this site. But loved the way how travellers interact and get their qns answered by experts who go the extra distance to help.

So, here is my itinerary with which I wud love some help/info to begin with..

Unfortunately, I wil b clubbing this trip with a wedding which I wil b attending in Kolkata and then from Sealdaha station catch a train on 9th night...land up in NPG on 10th

Travellers: 2 couples

10th March:
      Taxi - 3hrs to Gangtok hotel - Hotel Greendale.
      Rest of the day - Gangtok sightseeing, MG market visit.

11th March:
      Early wakeup n trip to watch the sunrise at Tashi viewpoint, move onto Nathula pass & Tsomgo lake, return back to Gangtok for night stay.

12th March:
      Early wakeup, leave for Lachung -
      Question - can we return back to Gangtok hotel by eve on the same day?

13th March:
      Leave in the morn from Gangtok to Baghdogra airport and back to Kolkata.

Can I fit in anything more interesting?
      I know I ain't doing justice to the place in terms of the days...but wudMajumdar any suggestions / advice's...

Thanks
      Nilanjan Majumdar

more
    • Baga beach stay

Goa Feb 1, 2016 at 7:48 AM

hi me n hubby r staying at mykonos blu in feb. pls suggest how to have a good time and also best way of transport from beach to beach. Thank u.

more
    • Best courses with experienced teachers in India

India Jan 31, 2016 at 9:25 PM

Hi,
      All,
      I truly love yoga because it is the complete exercise. My aim is to become a yogi in the future. So, I am very interested to study yoga education. There are so many courses of yoga, but I am not able to choose the best course. I am looking for such type of program, which has all concepts of yoga. So it helps me to get the rich knowledge of yoga. If anyone has any recommendation, please suggest me.

more
    • How to do Goa

Goa Jan 31, 2016 at 7:58 AM

I am going to be in Covalossim for a conference in March.
      I would like to extend my stay in Goa for a week or so - maybe spend 4 days in the South on a quiet beach with some restaurant choices before heading up North for a bit of life. I'm not into the party scene, but wouldn;t mind some live music and a chilled out feel.

Any suggestions?

more
    • Is it safe to go manali on 26jan2016

Manali Jan 20, 2016 at 2:33 AM

Is it safe to go manali on 26jan2016

more
    • need advice and assistance for Andaman tour plan

Indi Jan 16, 2016 at 9:17 AM

we a aged couple from Kolkata would like to visit Andaman in the last week of feb-2016.
      our tentative tour plan is as under:-
      OUR TOUR PLAN AS WE HAVE DECIDED IS AS UNDER;-

23rd February-Arriving PB by morning flight from Kolkata.at about 9a.m

23rd - night stay at PB

24th -night stay at Neil(arriving Neil from PB by local ship)

25th-night stay at Havlock(arriving Havlock from Neil by local ship)

26th- night stay at Long Island(by local ship from Havlock )

27th ,28th and 29th -night stay at Diglipur(by ship from Long Island to Rangat and then by bus to Diglipur)

1st March-Baratang(from Diglipur by Bus)

2nd and 3rd March --Portblair (Baratang to Portblair by bus on 2nd March)

4th March-Return flight to Kolkata.

our night stays are as under:-

Portblair-23rd February,2nd and 3rd March(3days)

Diglipur-27th,28th and 29th February(3days)

Neil Island-24th February

Havlaock Island-25th February

Long Island-26th February

Baratang-1st March

1 do you know if there is any daily ferry service from Long to Rangat.please let me know with exact schedule.

2..Is there any hotel to stay at Baratang?

3.Is there any Govt ferry service from Havlock to Long island on Friday?

4.could you provide me the actual Govt ferry schedule with timings from DSS..

we have skipped joly buoy,mayabundar,and Rangat from our tour plan.
      please suggest on our tour plan and how do we arrange govt ferry tickets from one place to another(getting govt ferry tickets is very difficult).
      regards

regards

more
    • are hotels of digha safe to stay with my gf

Digha Jan 9, 2016 at 6:19 PM

I am 21 year old.Is it safe to stay in hotels of digha with my girlfriend or there are chances of police harassments.. I have visited digha once with my family.bt can i stay with my gf.is it safe?plz help me out quick

more
    • Tanjavd's Profile Photo

Luxury hotel/resort close to restaurants/action

Goa Yesterday

We are planning a relaxing/beach getaway to Goa end April and want to stay at the Taj Holiday Village in Candolim, however this hotel looks far from everything.
      Ideally I would like to walk from my hotel to restaurants and shops/markets and not take a taxi every time. Is there any other luxury resorts that is closer to the action? Not the hippies please.

Thanks
      Tanja

more
    • Need Travel Agent in Rameshwaram

Rameswaram Jan 28, 2016 at 6:30 AM

Need Tourist guide  Person  in Rameshwaram

more
    • Kodaikanal cottages with food

Kodaikanal Jan 25, 2016 at 7:19 AM

Hello All, we are planning to visit kodaikanal this february 2016 last week. looking for cottages to stay for around 10-12 family members. could someone suggest any cottages with / without food looking within the budget.

more
    • sleeper buses in india

India Jan 15, 2016 at 6:52 AM

What about the night buses in India?
      Is it possible to sleep in these buses.
      Have they special seats ...
      How many drivers for 1 bus
      Are the routes safe enough
      We want to take a night bus in Souht India
      Thanks

more
    • guide me for best adventures in manali at first week of the feb

Manali Jan 10, 2016 at 9:29 AM

I'm seeking for some peace & adventures in manali in first week of the feb with my friends. I know dat's most of thrills are off in this season but still I hope there will be a lot to do. Please share your experiences or some advices what to do,where to go ,where to enjoye,places to see. As much as info u can provide us .help! please.

more
    • AgiM6's Profile Photo

lots of questions.. LOCAL ACTIVITIES/ MOTORBIKE RENTAL/TRAVEL TO HIMACHAL PRADESH AREA

Goa Jan 8, 2016 at 12:05 PM

I would be interested in tourist-free local sites and activities in Goa for this year.
      Visiting university, school, orphanage, gym, etc.
      (I am renting a room in Sangolda with my husband for a month.)
      Where could we find Enfield India motorbike to rent?
      Recommendations for getting to Chandigarh by air are also welcome.
      I would be also interested for 2-3 day package tours in Himachal Pradesh.

Thank you so much in advance.
      Any help is truly appreciated.
      A

more
    • Mnavarro's Profile Photo

Does India Require Vaccination Proof Upon Landing?

India Jan 17, 2016 at 5:05 PM

Does India require that travellers from the U.S. are vaccinated from certain disease and does it require vaccination proof upon landing?

What are the typical and most important vaccination you need to travel to India from the U.S.? Leaving on February 3, 2016. When should I get vaccinated?

Thank you for your input.

more
    • Tanjavd's Profile Photo

Hippie-free beaches in Goa

Goa Jan 22, 2016 at 8:37 AM

We want to go to Goa for a 5-day relaxing sun/beach getaway from our India business trip, but don't know which areas to go where there are no hippies. Don't mind tourists, just not into the hippie scene. Would like to incorporate a Kerala backwater tour in this week as well. Please advise which areas are the best.
      Thanks a million
      Tanja

more
    • Best Places to Visit in Mumbai

Mumbai Jan 19, 2016 at 2:18 AM

After a long hectic schedule, I am actually thinking for a break from the busy professional schedule of the office life. I along with family is all set to plan a trip to Mumbai. Since it comes under top weekend getaway list, What all are the best places to visit around Mumbai?

more
    • Mnavarro's Profile Photo

India Visa Payment Failure

India Jan 6, 2016 at 5:49 PM

Please Help !!!

I am a bit frustrated now. After completing the application online, the payment portal indicated that the online payment company is not available and to try again some time. After I read that many people have successfully processed their payments today, I went in and tried to pay. I have been trying to pay my Indian visa all day but everytime I hit YES and PAY NOW, it says:

Payment Failed:

Your payment has not been received. You can try again through e-Tourist Visa (eTV) Payment page.Please press Exit to exit the application.

It does not even allow me to enter my credit card information. Does anyone have any experience similar to this?

PLEASE HELP!!

more
    • Travel from Dharmsala to Haridwar

India Jan 19, 2016 at 6:51 AM

Good Day!
      Can anyone advise me on the quickest way to travel from Dharmsala to Haridwar? We will arrive (3 Adults) in Delhi on 22 Feb - catching a flight directly from there to Dharmsala and hoping to spend 3 days in McCleodganj. I need to be in Rishikesh by the evening of 29 Feb. Is it advisable to break the trip in Chandigarh for a day and do the whole trip by taxi?
      Any advice will be greatly appreciated! Believe very limited train and bus travel in this area!

more
    • Immigration Exit for baby overstaying e visa by few hours

India Jan 7, 2016 at 4:59 AM

Our baby travelling with us (parents on OCI) will overstay his e tourist visa by 4 hours when boarding the flight
      We applied for an exit permit at the Pune FRO and were given a date 7 days ahead to collect it. On the given date our file was initially nowhere to be found and once found was not yet signed as the FRO was away on that day.
      Secondly, no one at Pune FRO seems to know the correct fee for the exit. They would be charging the £55 ( which is newborn exit visa fee). Online references seem to suggest $40 and their visa fee circular says Rs.8400 for a 6 month tourist visa for the UK.

We have wasted enough time first to submit documents clearly mentioned as non mandatory on the application and then not have the FRO clearance on the date promised because of carelessness of the FRO office. Our flight is now 2 days away. Can the airport authorities detain us for carrying an illegal migrant baby out of the country. If we ask them to detain the baby and inform the British embassy can they still detain us even if we are fully legal and within our right to leave?
      In such a circumstance won't they just have to let the baby go with the parents?

more