Kabul Travel Answers

change location
lalita2000's Profile Photo

I have just being offered a job in a military base in Kabul.

by lalita2000 Online Now Dec 8, 2005 at 9:55 PM

I just don't know what the situation is in Kabul right now and how safe it would be live inside the base for several months.

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • Hot_Fudge's Profile Photo

RE: I have just being offered a job in a military base in Kabul.

by Hot_Fudge Online Now Dec 8, 2005 at 10:22 PM

I have been on a few military bases as a guest, but going to work on one and guess it all depends on what your doing? You should try a few blog sites where I know some guys who work out of Kandahar work. Try POLOBASTARDS site and read RYP The Worlds Most Dangerous Places. You just need some nut with a hard on to get 17 virgins in heaven to get lucky once to make all that money they offer you very hard to spend when there scrapping you off the ground.Sheet there kidnapping just anyone to make a few bucks.....Kabul is a city within a city...
    GOOD LUCK HONEY

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • oisha's Profile Photo

by oisha Online Now Dec 9, 2005 at 5:31 AM

Sounds like an opportunity of a lifetime, if you love danger. My guess is that life on the base would be tame enough, maybe a bit boring if you don't get off-base much. But if they need you to move around Afghanistan, that's when the fun would start...

• alfromcolorado's Profile Photo

by alfromcolorado Online Now Dec 9, 2005 at 6:54 AM

I am working on an army base in Kabul right now as a civilian contractor. A lot of whether it is safe or not depends on the company you work for, what arrangements they have with the military as far as protection and whether you have to go off base or not with your job.

Kabul is not like Baghdad (where I worked in 2003-2004). But it is not as safe as some would lead you to believe.

The down side of a really safe visit is that you don't visit much in Kabul. You stay on the base and make a LOT of money. And stare at the beautiful Hindu Kush mountains over a wall topped with concertina wire.

In the contracting world there are various shades of safety in war zones.

Depends on the company you are working for.

Alfromcolorado

• imranthetrekker's Profile Photo

RE: RE: RE: I have just being offered a job in a military base in Kabul.

by imranthetrekker Online Now Mar 29, 2006 at 7:29 AM

Salut Mes Amis,

It's true and I'm agree with the comments on the fourm about Afghanistan because the danger zone begins when one avoids the safety measures whether you're climbing a cliff or walking in a street in a dangerous part of the world.

But the problem in Afghanisatn, never visible and where's it none can tell you accurately because it's the land of revolutions when we look at the olden days.

I was there in September, october 2004 with a French friend and in those days when we were in Bamiyan, Mustafa hotel, Shar-e-now was bombed by some terrorists which killed almost 6 people and injured numerous.

In February, I was getting back from Chitral (Hindukush Pakistan) and I took a detour to Peshawar through Kunar province and there were fresh attacks in pech Darra on Afghan and US forces.

The recent blaze of attacks in Afgahnistan (Helmand) have exacerbated the safety condition especially the realease of Abdul Rehman in the apostacy case and the invitation of asylum from the Italian cabinet and prime minister may create a little uprest in the coming days.

but on the other hand, I'd never been to any Army base there, so I'd not be able to tell you about the safety inside there.

Take great care of yourself,

• RE: RE: I have just being offered a job in a military base in Kabul.

by GSD Online Now Jun 2, 2006 at 2:15 AM

Does anyone know anything abut a company named RM Asia operating in Kabul and other cities. They should be working with the U.S. Army. I am also concerned with safety.

• Re: I have just being offered a job in a military base in Kabul.

by Nabilaja Online Now Dec 8, 2008 at 8:58 PM

Hi,
    yeah i know about the company RM asia (H.K.) limited, i was working in finance office in base, and i was taking care of all contracts of rm asia.

Please reply.

• Re: I have just being offered a job in a military base in Kabul.

by GSD Online Now Mar 4, 2009 at 9:40 AM

Would you mind if I contact you directly via email? I have some questions about RM Asia.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Kabul