Kabul Travel Answers

change location

I'm considering to follow my husband to Kabul, and I may want to get a job there

by jkwanarat Online Now Jun 30, 2005 at 3:46 PM

I'm considering to follow my husband to Kabul, what do you guys think about me getting a job there? Do I have to get a working visa? If I don't want to work, what kind of visa do I have to get, and where to get it? I did some research about living in Kabul, but still don't have clearly idea about it. Any information will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • RE: RE: I'm considering to follow my husband to Kabul, and I may want to get a job there

by jkwanarat Online Now Jul 30, 2005 at 2:34 PM

Thank you very much for your answer, my husband has to stay in Bagram Air Base which won't allow spouse to live with. I understand how difficult life will be, but my husband will have a schedule of 2 months on 1 months off which he thinks it would be nice if I'm there too. Even though it means we will see each other only once a week.

Anyway, is it possible if I could get just a volunteer job? I don't need salary, just only a safe place to stay. What will you suggest? I looked for a volunteer job online, and found none that fits me. They seem to want a really high qualification candidate and has some experience with international organizations which I don't have. I have solid experience in clerical and administrative position with B.A. in Social Science (Public Admin.).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • narayan1961's Profile Photo

RE: I'm considering to follow my husband to Kabul, and I may want to get a job there

by narayan1961 Online Now Aug 13, 2005 at 12:16 PM

So many questions together. I will answer one by one.
    Yes you can work in kabul. Various NGO,s advertise in local english papers for vacancies.

No work visa still introduced here. Every six months you can renew your visa with a letter from your organisation or just by paying the extenstion visa fees. The visa is extended by the central passport office in Kabul.

if you need more information just mail to lemondetraveltours@yahoo.co.uk

• MorganLefay's Profile Photo

RE: I'm considering to follow my husband to Kabul, and I may want to get a job there

by MorganLefay Online Now Jan 26, 2006 at 1:59 AM

I have lived in Kabul for 1 1/2 years with my 2 girls now aged 4 & 7, who attend the International School. My husband works 2 hours away and comes home once a week. I work also, we are both in the Engineering sector. I have found the expat infrastructure for couples and families here quite good. The security code is high which I enforce for my family and I have not had any incidents or problems. I know of many women who have arrived here without jobs but have found them soon after, either with NGOs or private enterprise, 2 I know now work with the U.N. The thing is you can give it a go and if you don't like it don't stay, but if you don't try you will never know. If you do come here, bring your CV and ask around

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Kabul