Juneau Travel Answers

change location

moving to Juneau

by jeanh Online Now Aug 16, 2004 at 7:08 PM

I really want to move to Juneau. I work in the medical field. Any comments on living there ? Can the average single person survive living there ? Housing seems very high..but their seems to be many perks. do you feel too closed in as compared to the lower 48, where you can travel great distances by car in a day? Any feedback would be appreciated...

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: moving to Juneau

by archerdragons Online Now Aug 24, 2004 at 9:34 AM

I live in Haines north of Juneau. But I travel to Juneau often. It's a nice place low crime rate, and nice people. Juneau roads are only for the area they dont connect to any other towns. So if you wanted to tavel to other cities you would have to ferry or fly. But there are lots to do and see in and around Juneau. Many fine places to dine, first class hotels, many forms of entertainment. And enough stores to find what your looking for. I dont think you would feel boxed in,as its a large city with lots to do and see. And the country side is beautifull ! As far as the medical standpoint goes all of the northen panhandle relies on Juneau hospitals and doctors to care for their needs. As all the small towns around there dont have more than a small clinic. So Juneau is the medical center of the panhandle. If you have any other questions feel free to email me. Jenny

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines