Juliaca Travel Answers

change location

Lake titicaca -what is the difference between Amantani and Llachon???

by adeeworld Online Now Feb 3, 2010 at 2:48 AM

I am planning to go Lake titicaca can someone tell me what is a good tour to join who speak English.

Thanks for your kindly attention!!!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • GrumpyDiver's Profile Photo

Re: Lake titicaca -what is the difference between Amantani and Llachon???

by GrumpyDiver Online Now Feb 3, 2010 at 4:07 AM

Just walk down the main street in Puno. There are many signs up (in English) of small companies offering tours to Uros, Amatani and Tequile. We did not go to Llachon, so cannot advise there.

Short video clips of Uros and Amantani from our visit are on my homepage:

"Uros Floating Islands - Lake Titicaca - Peru" - Lago Titicaca Video by GrumpyDiver

"Amantani Island Homestay - Lake Titicaca - Peru" - Lago Titicaca Video by GrumpyDiver

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • kiwigal_1's Profile Photo

Re: Lake titicaca -what is the difference between Amantani and Llachon???

by kiwigal_1 Online Now Feb 3, 2010 at 7:02 AM

I agree, there are plenty of tour companies in Puno who you can book a tour to the islands with. I also did the Uros, Amantani, Taquille tour (including the overnight with local family in Amantani) - pics and comments on my Lago Titicaca page. I am sorry I did not go to Llachon though so cannot comment on the difference from personal experience but I had a quick internet search and the main difference seems to be that Amantani is an island in Lake Titicaca whereas Llachon is a Quechuan settlement on a peninsula of the mainland "an hour and 20 minutes drive from Puno". Amantani is a 3 hour boat ride from Puno. I found that information on titicacaperu.com/cultural_ll... who appear to be English speaking guides in the area around Lake Titicaca. I have not used them so cannot comment on quality.

Kind regards,
    Rhianon

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines