Judetul Timis

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Dracula shopping?

Targoviste Apr 10, 2014 at 4:13 AM

I'm in targoviste for the first time, the guidebooks said this is one of the Romanian towns that has capitalized on the Dracula connection the most. I'm a vampire fan, and I like to find cute little gift shops to buy this stuff, but I'm not having any luck. What area of town do I go to?

more
    • Wool shops

Bucharest Mar 18, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Is there anywhere in Bucharest I can buy wool for knitting.

more
    • Please, give me an advice ...

Bucharest 22 hours ago

Hello,
      I will travel from 1 June 2014 in Greece Paralia Katerini resort, but I go there with Express International Line bus. It is going from Bucharest to Athens. The bus does not go directly in Paralia Katerini. I will get down near the town of Katerini at Olympus Plaza station.
      How can I get to Paralia Katerini from Olympus Plaza- bus ? I think that taxi is expensive...I will have baggage...is very hard!!!....what is the price of a normal bus ticket from Katerini to Paralia Katerini? per person...
      Thanks a lot ! Flory

more
    • SoumyaB's Profile Photo

Confused regarding tour plan

Romania Mar 24, 2014 at 10:51 AM

Hi...
      Could anyone please give me an idea on how much time I should keep aside to visit these places: Bucharest, Sighisoara, Brasov, Timisoara or Cluj. We would like if any of you can provide us with a definite tour plan. We would also like to include some other places inside Romania and maybe Budapest and/or Prague. Our journey would be of 12 days approximately. Also being students we would like to travel with a tight budget,
      SB

more

Popular Judetul Timis Travel Answer Locations

• BeatrizP's Profile Photo

Belgrade - Pristina

Timisoara Apr 19, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Hi,

sorry for so many questions... :-/

I am planning also going from Belgrade to Pristina, in Kosovo, by bus. Do you know there might be any problem? I know that it's difficult sometimes to get Belgrade from Pristina, but I am not sure about the other way.

Many, many thanks again!

2 Answers Apr 20, 2013 at 2:29 AM
    • BeatrizP's Profile Photo

From Greece to Timisoara

Timisoara Apr 19, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Hi, I am planning a trip around the Balkans at the beginning of March. The last city I'll visit is Athens. Do you know any way to get Timisoara, the city where I currently live, from Greece? Do you know if there is any bus or train from Thessaloniki?

I would appreciate a lot your help! Many thanks.

3 Answers Apr 19, 2013 at 11:36 AM
    • stiepelarne's Profile Photo

New Years Eve?

Timisoara Dec 17, 2012 at 7:28 AM

Hello,
      we (mid-30 year old German couple) have found a cheap flight to Timisoara for a 3-day-trip including New Years Eve.
      Is it a good place to celebrate the new year? Can you recommend any clubs for a decent party?

1 Answer Dec 27, 2012 at 1:00 AM
    • schools in Timisoara

Timisoara Jul 20, 2012 at 1:17 AM

My husband has got an offer to work in Timisoara for the next two years and our son is 5 years old we are not sure if there schools with English medium of education can anyone please help

2 Answers Jul 20, 2012 at 4:54 PM
    • exchange office in Timisoara

Timisoara Jul 11, 2012 at 5:53 AM

Hello
      i would like to ask you if someone could name me a few banks or exchange offices which work 24/7 since i will come to Timisoara at 10 pm..and another thing,are romanian trains clean and do they come on time,?
      thank you very much

3 Answers Jul 15, 2012 at 7:39 AM
    • Timisoara help plz !

Timisoara Dec 17, 2011 at 12:17 AM

hi,

I'm planning on moving to Timisoara to study and i'm just wondering how everything is there and if anyone knows any books or CD's i can get to learn the language.

how is the city like?
      how are the people like?
      how expensive is food?
      is it safe?

is there anything else i need to know going as a student?

thank you !

3 Answers Jan 21, 2012 at 2:52 AM
    • patrick080541's Profile Photo

PUBLIC TRANSPORT

Timisoara Jul 26, 2011 at 10:39 AM

Iwill be traveling to Timisoara in late september,I will stay for afew days.I wil then travel to Belgrade, is there a direct train to Belgrade,and can any one help with time table,s and journey times. Many Many Thanks Patrick

2 Answers Jul 28, 2011 at 2:39 PM
    • robbert200's Profile Photo

timisoara to novi sad (serbia)

Timisoara Jul 18, 2011 at 1:19 PM

Hello everybody,
      18 august we are travelling from Timisoara to Novi sad. There is a very early train from Timisoara to belgrad and than with a local train to Novi sad.
      But perhaps there is another possibility: from Timisoara with a local train to Jimbolia (at the boarder) and from there with a local serbian train to kikinda, and finaly with a bus from Kikinda to Novi sad.
      Does somebody made this trip recently?
      Does somebody has a timetable for busses from Kikinda to Novi sad?
      We hope somebody can help us.
      Rob

1 Answer Jul 19, 2011 at 1:50 AM
    • moving to timisoara

Timisoara Apr 9, 2011 at 9:17 PM

hey everybody! i will go in august to study in timisoara ... and i am looking for if anyone want to go there at my same time ....good luck for every one

• weather in timisoara

Timisoara Mar 27, 2011 at 7:48 PM

I want to visit timisoara this year in May, But I am unsure about the weather, The sites that I have looked at show May June and July the rainiest months of the year. and June July and August the hottest I will be traveling from the United States. Can anyone provide a recommendation and tell me why they picked that month. Anxious to see the city in good weather???.

4 Answers Mar 29, 2011 at 5:19 AM
    • living in timisoara

Timisoara Feb 22, 2011 at 7:10 AM

I'm thinking of moving to timisoara in sptember to study. I just wanted to know how is the security of the city and the day-a-day life in this city

thanks

5 Answers Apr 9, 2011 at 9:09 PM
    • andrea.d's Profile Photo

short visit

Timisoara Feb 2, 2011 at 3:46 AM

Hi everyone,

i will be in Timisoara for one day only, so what do you suggest to visit in such a short time. Also, my mother wants to go to Iulius mall, how far is that from the city and what is the best way to get there? Sorry to bother you with such a question, but I didn't find any info online.

Thank you!

Andrea

3 Answers Feb 11, 2011 at 9:25 AM
    • Mosque or Halal food in Timisoara

Timisoara Jan 20, 2011 at 7:33 AM

Hi,
      I will be in Timisoara next week with my colleague due to training that assigned by our company, Continental Automotive which is located in Malaysia.

We both are Muslim and would like to know if there is any mosque or halal restaurant in Timisoara?

Currently we are in Villingen-Schwenningen, Germany for 4 days due to training as well. We going to continue the training session in Timisoara next week.

9 Answers Jan 21, 2012 at 2:57 AM
    • Short-term accommodation in private houses (Bed & Breakfast)

Timisoara Nov 29, 2010 at 11:56 AM

I've been to Timisoara a couple of times before but would like to meet local people and be able to chat to someone from the city who can advise places to go etc. I'm coming to Timisoara for 3 or 4 days and am looking for somewhere relatively central.

In the United Kingdom we have many places that offer 'Bed & Breakfast' accommodation. This is usually offered in a private home where the hosts want to earn a little extra money by renting out one or two of their bedrooms to short term guests. Sometimes also referred to as a 'Guest House' - though a real guest house is more like a small hotel (and similar to a Pension in Romania). I've stayed in a few Pensions before in Romania that have been nice but just like a hotel - usually impersonal and you don't get to meet anyone apart from the person on reception.

So is there such a thing as 'Bed & Breakfast' in Timisoara. If there is what is the best way to find out addresses/contact numbers - or is there a web site listing places. What sort of budget would they be - I would be looking at less that the Pension prices but if the room is nice, the breakfast tasty and there is friendly people then I am happy to pay a reasonable rate.

thanks..

2 Answers Nov 30, 2010 at 5:40 AM
    • bartlese's Profile Photo

Restaurant recommendations

Timisoara Oct 31, 2010 at 10:47 AM

My fiancé and I are getting married in May in Timisoara. My parents are coming over from the United States and I am looking for a good restaurant with good wine for the night of my wedding. Preferable something that has an outdoor seating option. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know. My parents are foodies and big winos so the menu needs to impress

2 Answers Feb 3, 2011 at 8:28 PM
    • glubla's Profile Photo

Looking for a watched parking

Timisoara Sep 4, 2010 at 12:59 PM

I'll arrive on Sept 20 and I fly to Odessa for a week but I need a watched parking for my camper van, which is 3'20 mts, is there any camping place near town?
      perhaps a hotel park place where I'd be allowed to park for some fee but
      necesarily watched.
      How about the park place on Timisoara airport? is it safe enough?
      Thanks for the advice
      greets

• Bus from Budapest airport to Timisoara! :)

Timisoara May 18, 2010 at 3:27 PM

Hello there!

I am planning to travel from Budapest airport to Timisoara in june by bus. i want to know the journeys time and how much it will cost?

Thank you... :)

1 Answer May 18, 2010 at 7:50 PM
    • Any Help!

Timisoara May 18, 2010 at 3:22 PM

Hello there!

I am planning to travel from Budapest airport to Timisoara in june by bus. i want to know the journeys time and how much it will cost?

Thank you... :)

• accomodation cost

Timisoara Mar 11, 2010 at 6:35 AM

is 200 euros sufficient for single room accomodation in timisora for 75 days

2 Answers Mar 17, 2010 at 7:50 AM
    • vegetarian food

Timisoara Mar 5, 2010 at 1:20 PM

Hi,
      I will be visiting Timisoara from May 2010 to july 2010.I am a vegetarian.Is food without meat available in Timisora.Is Rice available in Timisoara?

1 Answer Mar 5, 2010 at 2:40 PM
    • Getting the train from Timisoara to Budapest

Timisoara Aug 5, 2009 at 6:19 PM

Hello there! I'm travelling by flight to Timisoara on Monday 10th August, and will be getting the train to Budapest once I land in Timisoara. I have a couple of questions: 1) How much money will an open return journey be, going from Timisoara to Budapest on the 10th and returning on the 16th? 2) What currency will I have to use? 3) Is it easy to get to Timisoara train station from Timisoara airport? Are there buses?

Thanks very much for any help provided. :)

Dan

4 Answers Aug 6, 2009 at 11:16 PM
    • TIMISOARA IN AUGUST-NEED SOME HELP

Timisoara Jun 22, 2009 at 8:06 PM

I AM TRAVELING TO TIMISOARA MID AUGUST AND HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP

MY GRANDPARENTS WERE FROM HERE BUT I KNOW NOTHING ELSE ABOUT THEM OR MY ANCESTRY (LAST NAME PLAVOSIN)

I HAVE TRIED ONLINE TO FIND WHERE I MIGHT BE ABLE TO FIND SOME RECORDS,POSSIBLE DISTANT RELATIVES,ETC BUT AM COMING UP SHORT
      DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I MIGHT FIND SUCH?
      THANKS
      JOHN

2 Answers Jul 20, 2009 at 7:50 AM
    • Getting from TSR to NOVI SAD, SERBIA

Timisoara Jun 18, 2009 at 10:00 AM

Hello I am attending Exit Festival this year in Serbia and am flying into Timisoara airport in Romania. I have found that you can train from Timisoara to Belgrade.. but then how easy and possible is it to get from there to Novi Sad where the festival is located? Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Jun 19, 2009 at 5:28 AM
    • train from belgrade to timisoara

Timisoara Dec 3, 2008 at 1:04 PM

Hello, there.

I am planning to travel from belgrade to timisoara in mid december by a train.
      I saw many post about timisoara to belgrade, but seems i can't find the other way.
      I am looking for the price and timetable.

And also i have a catch a flight once i get there, is city center far away from airport?

Would be great if someone could help me out on this matter.
      Safe travels guys.
      thanks.

3 Answers Dec 4, 2008 at 2:07 AM
    • Coming to Timisoara

Timisoara Oct 11, 2008 at 5:26 AM

I am going to be in Timisoara in a week or so to visit the birthplace of my grandmother. Her father was warden of a prison 100 years ago and I am looking for that prison. Does anyone know where it might be or used to be? Thanks for any help.

• Timisoara to Serbia

Timisoara Oct 10, 2008 at 8:28 AM

I read from this forum, looks like only train 360 goes from Timisoara at 6:02am to Serbia daily, nothing else, but anyone knows what is the fare to go to Vrsac/Serbia and/or Belgrade ? I need to prepare some money exchange.

10 Answers Oct 10, 2008 at 6:33 PM
    • from budapest to timisara-ticket price

Timisoara Jul 31, 2008 at 8:23 AM

does anybody maybe know how much are ticket from budapest to timisara with train? i want to know, 'caus i am looking for the cheapest way to go to Timisoara( hungary). i will go from slovenia, but i don't know if is maybe cheapiest to go thrugh serbia(belgrade)?? any experience?

thnx!!
      petra

2 Answers Aug 5, 2008 at 3:55 AM
    • Transport from airport

Timisoara Jun 16, 2008 at 3:46 AM

Hi there

Are there any buses / trams between Timisoara airport and city center?

thanks

1 Answer Jun 16, 2008 at 4:37 AM
    • Transport from Timisoara

Timisoara May 21, 2008 at 4:32 AM

From Timisoara to Suceava by bus or train, what is the cheaper price in lei, and timetable ?

1 Answer May 21, 2008 at 6:13 AM
    • British ex-pat looking for social activities in Timisoara

Timisoara May 18, 2008 at 10:17 AM

I moved to Timisoara from the UK a couple of months ago, for a work contract. I'm due to be here at least another 4 months. I've not yet managed to meet any British (or other English speaking) workers for a bit of social company over here. Does anyone have any recommendations on local activities or clubs that would be a good way to meet people? I'm also thinking of joining a gym, but I don't know of any yet. Any advice would be welcome. I live very close to the city centre but don't have a car at the moment. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks.

2 Answers Jul 20, 2009 at 7:55 AM