Judetul Sibiu

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Szlak na Moldoveanu

Fagaras Jul 6, 2014 at 8:40 AM

bardzo proszę o pomoc. Czy istnieje szlak z miejscowości Vistisoara na Moldoveanu? Jak on przebiega? Jaki jest długi, ile czasu potrzeba? Czy po drodze jest schronisko?

vă rugăm să ajute. Există o pistă de la Vistisoara sat la Moldoveanu? Ca el conduce? Ce este pe termen lung, cât de mult timp ai nevoie? Este modul în care un adăpost?

Teresa

more
    • any news from sewerage in Constanta

Constanta Jun 19, 2014 at 11:39 PM

Hi,
      I've heard from a relative that there were heavy rains in the region of Constanta and the sewage floded the roads.
      Is that true? Can anyone update me on this as I am traveling there tomorrow.

Thanks,
      A

more
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

Car rental

Bucharest Jul 3, 2014 at 7:04 AM

I will be arriving at Bucharest and departing Bucharest - will spend about 1.5 weeks touring Romania and have a rough itenary already.

I don't plan to drive in Bucharest but plan to rent a car to explore the cities - for about a week, then return the car and explore Bucharest via public transportation.

Any good recommendation on car rental company and is it easy to drive and navigate around from city to city?

more
    • OTOPENI at night

Romania Jul 7, 2014 at 5:18 AM

Hello, i am considering using a flight departing from OTOPENI at 5.00. That means i ll have to use transportation at night. And i prefer not to use a taxi. I'd rather use a shuttlebus. Does anyone know what time the last shuttelbus to the airport leaves from the city? Also,i want to know whether it is safe to stay alone at OTOPENI at night?

more
    • Flootings in Romania

Romania Jul 4, 2014 at 9:23 PM

I heard there have been floorings in Bulgaria recently. Is there any chance there will be floatings and/or heavy rainfalls in Romania in the month of august? Has there been such floorings in august the recent years?

more
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

2 days in Bucharest

Bucharest Jul 3, 2014 at 7:02 AM

What are the must see in Bucharest and how should I plan out to maximise these 2 days?

more
    • Drugness's Profile Photo

Sighisoara to Chisinau route & Sighisoara questions :)

Sighisoara Jul 1, 2014 at 2:03 PM

Hello all
      I'm hoping to travel from Sighisoara to Moldova but looking at the map, it's hard to know where to stop along the way. I'd rather avoid the 14-15 hour bus journey and I may well end up travelling from Bucharest, but only if needs be.
      Is Bacau, Iasi or maybe Galati worth spending a night or 2 in?
      I don't have time to check out the monasteries on this trip unfortunately.

And finally a Sighisoara related question :)
      Is 2 nights more than enough in the town? And are Targu Mures and Odorheiu Secuiesc good daytrip destinations?

more
    • happpymike's Profile Photo

Hotel Victoria, Mamaia!

Romania Jun 20, 2014 at 10:55 PM

Hi There!
      Is it any comments on Hotel Victoria and its special deal of an all inclusive full board of
      meals and beverages?
      TKS in advance

more
    • happpymike's Profile Photo

Hi Dear VTs!

Mamaia Jun 12, 2014 at 8:05 AM

I am planing to visit Romania(Bocharest and Mamaia during 1st fortnights of Sep.2014!
      Any comments about were to stay(which ave. or Str. or any exact name of a Hotel(3-4
      stars) or rental apartment(I enjoy cooking on holidays!)), How to get to Mamaia(how long
      is a rail trip?) and so on, will be highly appreciated!

more
    • Warnings and dangers in Romania

Romania Jul 6, 2014 at 6:33 PM

Hello everyone, i am planning to go to Romania this summer. I would like to know if there are any warnings and/or dangers in Romania.

more

Is Nathans Villa hostel gone?

Sighisoara Jul 6, 2014 at 8:43 AM

Hello all
      I tried to book accomodation in Nathans Villa hostel today, but I can't seem to get a contact email address or a website for the hostel. Can anyone provide contact details please? Does the hostel still exist?
      If not, can someone please recommend a good hostel in Sighisoara please?
      Many thanks!
      DG

more
    • off the beaten tracks

Romania Jun 29, 2014 at 12:17 AM

is there any kind of extreme sports or something special only to romania?

i ve already seen the travel guide but i didn t find it helpful.

more

Quickest way from Bucharest to Chisinau?

Romania Jul 5, 2014 at 4:15 AM

Hello all
      I don't want to take the Tarom/Air Moldova flying option but according to bahn.de, the train journey between the city is circa 13 hours? Is this correct?
      How long would the bus journey take can anyone advise?
      Thanks again!!!
      DG

more
    • FridgeMagnet's Profile Photo

Airport bus ticket

Bucharest Jun 26, 2014 at 1:12 PM

Where can I buy an airport bus ticket? I want to get bus 780 from Gara de Nord. I lost the ticket they gave me when I arrived.

more

Popular Judetul Sibiu Travel Answer Locations

• leics's Profile Photo

A couple of questions....

Sibiu Apr 26, 2014 at 10:16 AM

I'll be visiting Sibiu in a few weeks' time. I have pretty much everything sorted out but just need your input on 3 questions:

1. The airport website says it has an exchange machine. I assume you put in e.g. euro or GBP notes and get lei in return. Anyone remember what notes it accepts? And where in Sibiu itself is good for exchanging money (I don;t want to use an ATM if I can avoid it...charges).

2. Transport from the airport. Shall I ask the hotel to book a taxi for me or just take one when I arrive? What's the expected fare for airport>historical centre?

3. I want to visit the Astra outdoor museum, possibly on a Sunday. It seems the tram is no longer running so what bus do I take and from where? Would visiting on Monday be a better option in terms of bus services?

And how much do you think a taxi would cost from Sibiu's historical centre?

Thanks in advance, as always. :-)

12 Answers Apr 27, 2014 at 7:00 AM
    • re. Bar Perla (cafe Perla) Bvd. Unirii, nr 16,

Sibiu Jan 17, 2014 at 6:09 AM

To whom it may concern,
      Do you know or visited a bar in Sibiu called Bar Perla (cafe Perla);
      address Bvd. Unirii, nr 16, Sibiu.
      Thank you,

Alon

6 Answers Jan 27, 2014 at 2:44 AM
    • fsulaw's Profile Photo

are taxi drivers honest?

Sibiu Sep 4, 2013 at 10:46 AM

I have been reading about how dishonest Bucharest taxi drivers are and I wonder if Sibiu drivers are as bad. Two of us need to get from the train station to the Hilton (and back), and I would like suggestions on the best, and cheapest way to do that.
      Thank you,

6 Answers Apr 15, 2014 at 9:35 PM
    • night life in sibiu

Sibiu Aug 17, 2013 at 6:57 PM

r there x rated strip clubs there

1 Answer Feb 22, 2014 at 8:38 PM
    • cost of a lunch time meal and bus fare

Sibiu Jul 1, 2013 at 8:41 AM

I will be in Sibiu for 10 days..meals will be provided for breakfast and dinner. I will be traveling from city cehter to all parts of Sibiu/humanitarian outreach..just getting my money together.. Thanks.

1 Answer Jul 3, 2013 at 6:31 AM
    • cost of living for 1 meal and bus fare

Sibiu Jun 30, 2013 at 8:54 PM

I will be staying in Sibiu for 10 days and will be responsible for my lunch meal and for my bus fare. Can you give me an approximate cost? If I have 5 outstanding places to see
      around Sibiu? Suggestions please?

Thanks so much EM.

3 Answers Jul 1, 2013 at 1:54 PM
    • DAO's Profile Photo

Brazov or Sighisoara

Sibiu Jun 17, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Hello,

Does anyone know if Brazov or Sighisoara could be done as a day trip from Sibiu? Train ? Bus?

Thanks,

DAO

10 Answers Feb 22, 2014 at 8:38 PM
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Pension Casa Romana.

Sibiu Apr 23, 2013 at 12:01 PM

It is located at Str. General Magheru n. 40. Is it far from the city center?

3 Answers Apr 24, 2013 at 2:19 AM
    • Roadquill's Profile Photo

Getting from Sibiu to Budapest

Sibiu Apr 17, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Now that my busy season is over I am trying to figure the logistics of getting to and from Sibiu for the VT euromeet. I would like to visit Budapest afterwards. It looks like there is an all-day train that leaves in the morning and gets to Budapest around 17:00, or one has to go to Bucharest or fly back out to Vienna or Munich. Any other suggestions? If I take the train, can I expect to be able to purchase the tickets easily a couple of days in advance? Thanks all, Karl

16 Answers Apr 19, 2013 at 11:17 PM
    • Sibiu to Suceava

Sibiu Apr 10, 2013 at 6:30 AM

How to travel from Sibiu to Suceava and vice versa? The quickest and cheapest way pls. how much would it cost and how long would the journey be?

3 Answers Apr 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Budget accomodation in Sibiu.

Sibiu Apr 9, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Hello!

Could you suggest a nice affordable bed and breakfast or hotel not far from the center of Sibiu?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

1 Answer Apr 9, 2013 at 6:17 AM

Some questions.

Sibiu Jan 11, 2013 at 12:19 PM

I will probably attend the next Euro meeting in Sibiu, next june.

How long do you recommend to stay in town to see the main sights at leisure.

Could you suggest some day trips from Sibiu?

Where can I spend some days after the meeting in Sibiu? Let's say three or four days.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

4 Answers Jan 21, 2013 at 8:13 AM
    • Purchasing bus tickets

Sibiu Sep 2, 2010 at 1:53 PM

I will be in Sibiu for several days and would like to take a bus to some of the villages to the west. How do I go about purchasing bus tickets? Do I just go to the station beforehand or is there a time in advance I need to purchase? I visited the bus website but it's in Romanian when I try to advance purchase.

Thank you and I look forward to visiting next week!

6 Answers Sep 3, 2010 at 10:35 AM
    • anitayusof's Profile Photo

SIBIU, SIGHISOARA & BRASOV PAID ATTRACTIONS

Sibiu Jun 27, 2010 at 3:26 AM

Hello...I will be visiting Sibiu, Sighisoara & Brasov in December. At the moment, I am planning on my travel budget. There are too many attractions to visit, and some are quite pricey (in my money). Apart from the free attractions, what are the paid must sees that you think I should not miss? Any idea on the entrance fees @ websites are very much appreciated. My interest is war museums, or anything related to war sites etc, art galleries (not modern art though, I prefer the older ones), castles / palaces, architecture, gardens / parks, mountain, snow.... Thanks.

1 Answer Jun 29, 2010 at 9:14 AM
    • Ale_Argentina's Profile Photo

Romanian summer course

Judetul Sibiu Jun 13, 2010 at 3:49 PM

Hey Romanian ppl, I ve visited Sibiu a few months ago and I fell in love with this place. Now I ve decided that I want to make a romanian language summer course during my stay in july. I choose Sibiu because I ve familiy in that area and I ve accommodation, so would be the perfect place to stay and visit some other places while learning the language. I ve been looking for any summer school but can't fine any, instead I found some excellent programms in Brasov and Cluj Napoca, they include intense language courses + visits to tourist places but still I m looking for something in Sibiu. Anybody knows about a summer language school or should I better ask in Lucian Blaga Sibiu University?

4 Answers Mar 12, 2014 at 1:00 PM
    • 68maciek's Profile Photo

Drum 7C (Sebes-almost Sibiu) trough Munti Cindrel and Munti Lotrului?

Sibiu Jun 10, 2010 at 7:47 AM

Buna ziua,

It's hard to imagine my holidays without few days in Romania.
      This time I would like to follow the mountain car road Sebes-Sibiu (a junction from Transalpina route). I'd like to stay in cabana close to the pass. Which cabana do you reccommend? I'd like to have oneday hiking tour there (preferably a kind of loop).Any idea please?

Multumesc,

Maciek

4 Answers Jun 30, 2010 at 1:21 AM
    • codrutz's Profile Photo

Sibiu Post-Euromeeting 2010 in Krakow

Sibiu Nov 9, 2009 at 3:47 AM

In June 2010, after the Euromeet in Krakow you are invited to Sibiu, Romania. The updated informations, traveling to Sibiu, accommodation, schedule of events will be posted on the meeting page:

meetings.virtualtourist.com/...

Please sign up for the Sibiu meeting so we can better evaluate accommodation and other necessary arrangements.

Here in the forums you can ask questions and request more info to be added to the meeting page.

Don't forget to check out the discussion about Krakow 2010 Euromeet:

VT Forum temporarily unavailable

And the VT page of Sibiu:

Sibiu Travel Guide

Your hosts,
      Petruta, Delia_Madalina and yours truly

121 Answers Jun 20, 2010 at 11:23 PM
    • belgrade to sibiu

Sibiu Dec 4, 2008 at 10:51 AM

Hello, there.

I have a flight to catch in Timisoara, and thought 'why not have a look around Romania?'
      To be honest, i have no idea about where to go and what to do in Romania since it wasn't on my plan. I have 7-10 days in Romania. I love just wondering around without aim(not sight seeing! no shopping!) and i heard place called Sibiu and Sighisoara. It sounds nice to me.

I am in Belgrade at the moment, i know there are train to timisoara from here. I am now wondering if there is a train to Sibiu or sighisoara from here and rough price of it. So far i found(from a comment posted in 2007) i have to change at timisoara and than continue to sibiu.
      Also is it possible to visit Sighisoara from sibiu for a day trip?

It would be great if any one can help me with this matter.
      Many thanks. Hope you have a nice day.

6 Answers Dec 5, 2008 at 1:31 PM
    • Camping base required

Judetul Sibiu Jul 9, 2008 at 1:32 AM

Hello!

Please give me some advice:

me and my friend (and possibly a 3rd person) are going to be in Romania between the 2nd and 9th Sept. We were originally thinking of hiking with our bags on our backs and sleeping wherever we happen to arrive, but .. I just weighed the bag, with all the camping stuff in it, and it ain't for me :). Would you know of a CHEAP safe "base" that we could find ANYWHERE in Transylvania? Ideally it'd be a place not too far from Sibiu, from which beautiful hiking trails go in different directions - a place, which allows much nature/walking-worshipping and also easy ways to return back to the camp base. The place itself can be just about anything: a simple mountain hut is fine, as long as we can leave our stuff in it and find it upon return. We will have sleeping bags and mats to sleep on. Do you have any ideas?

Thanks,

P.

1 Answer Aug 8, 2008 at 1:24 AM
    • Day Trip From Sibiu

Sibiu Feb 21, 2008 at 8:18 AM

Hello everyone,
      I'll be visiting Sibiu in June this year for 3 Nights.The first day I will spend in Sibiu itself,the third I will visit the Astra Folk Museum on the out skirts of town.What is the best day trip to do from Sibiu on my spare day,taking into consideration that I would have already visited Sighisoara,Brasov and their surroundings beforehand and will not have my own car.
      Cheers.

3 Answers Feb 27, 2008 at 3:17 AM
    • VITORPORTUGAL's Profile Photo

Hiiiii

Sibiu Nov 13, 2006 at 8:40 AM

Hi, im going to Sibiu in January and i would love to meet some people from there before. Please add me on MSN: vitorsmendes@hotmail.com
      Pupici**** ;0)

• VITORPORTUGAL's Profile Photo

Sibiu

Judetul Sibiu Oct 22, 2006 at 7:32 AM

Hi there, im going to Sibiu in January, to a Tourism Convention, with a few school mates, and i want to know how is the city at this time of the year, the places of interest, the nightlife.... If possible i want to meet some people from the city before! My MSN: vitorsmendes@hotmail.com
      Please add me!!! Pupici (girls)*****

Vitor, Portugal

• PTadin's Profile Photo

"Dinner at the Peasants" in Sibiel

Sibiu Aug 5, 2005 at 8:42 AM

Does anyone have a recomendation to have a dinner at the peasants in Sibiel, near Sibiu? I've seen this offered by many tour companies, but have found very little on the web. I am planning on bringing a group to Romania and I want to take them there for the experience. I've also heard about this type of dinner being offered at a farmhouse in the area of Sibiel so any info. on this would be great, too.

Thanks!

1 Answer Oct 20, 2006 at 4:55 AM
    • solecf's Profile Photo

medieval art festival in August

Judetul Sibiu May 24, 2004 at 5:28 AM

Hi, Can someone tell me if there is an art medieval festival from thr 27th of August to the 29th of August in Sibiu? I would like to go there when there is some festival. thanks

3 Answers May 29, 2004 at 11:02 AM
    • Renting an apartment

Sibiu Sep 22, 2003 at 3:14 AM

Any advice on renting a place in Sibiu? I 'll be there for the next four months but haven't had much luck yet since I can't speak Romanian. Thanks.

3 Answers Nov 10, 2009 at 4:01 AM
    • nightlife

Sibiu Jun 9, 2003 at 4:32 PM

I whant to now evry thing about nightlife in sibiu

1 Answer Jun 10, 2003 at 4:57 AM