Judetul Constanta Travel Answers

change location
matfzapofqq's Profile Photo

Train ticket in Bucuresti for Constanta

by matfzapofqq Online Now Jul 28, 2004 at 8:04 AM

Hello, I would like to know where I can buy 1st class train tickets once in “gara de nord” in Bucuresti. Does any of the desks sell 2nd and 1st class or there is a special desk for 1st class. In addition, is “gara de nord” the right station to go to Constanta, and if not the case where can I find this railway station (I heard about Baneasa). Thank you very much in anticipation.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Romanian_Bat's Profile Photo

Re: Train ticket in Bucuresti for Constanta

by Romanian_Bat Online Now Jul 28, 2004 at 8:29 AM

In Bucharest's Gara de Nord look for "casele de bilete clasa I", they do not lie in the same hall with the second class offices and no, you cannot buy 1st class tickets in the 2nd class hall. The easiest way is like this: when you reach Gara de Nord and you face the tall column main entrance, turn to the right without entering that way, follow the building to the right, go 90 degrees to the right along it, pass by Pamir Bar and the next entrance to your left is the 1st class ticket office hall. As you enter, immediately to your right you have the sleeping wagon ticket office, straight in front - the 1st class ticket offices and to your left the last office is for international tickets. Otherwise, if you reach the station by train and you do not come from the city, walk straight along the platform, then walk between the Mc Donald's and the CFR info office straight ahead and, just after passing by the waiting hall, take a left into the 1st class ticket hall. In summer, both Bucuresti Nord (Gara de Nord) and Bucuresti Baneasa serve trains to the seaside, HOWEVER mind you that Baneasa only serves those trains coming from remote areas in Romania (e.g. Iasi, Oradea, Satu Mare, Timisoara) going to the seaside and these are usually full already. Gara de Nord serves trains which start in Bucharest and go to the seaside, so this is the recommendable place to start. You have the following trains going to the seaside until September, on a daily basis: Bucuresti Nord Gara A - Constanta - Mangalia - Train no 05.55-08.54---- A1681 06.25-09.07-10.54 R981 07.00-09.31---- IC581 07.22-10.07-11.41 R983 08.45-11.33-13.17 R681 14.30-17.12---- IC583 17.35-20.33-22.07 R683 19.45-22.40---- R685 Best regards and have a nice trip, Alex alex@futurevox.com

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Judetul Constanta Travel Answer Locations