Judetul Cluj

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Dracula shopping?

Targoviste Apr 10, 2014 at 4:13 AM

I'm in targoviste for the first time, the guidebooks said this is one of the Romanian towns that has capitalized on the Dracula connection the most. I'm a vampire fan, and I like to find cute little gift shops to buy this stuff, but I'm not having any luck. What area of town do I go to?

more
    • Wool shops

Bucharest Mar 18, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Is there anywhere in Bucharest I can buy wool for knitting.

more
    • Please, give me an advice ...

Bucharest Apr 15, 2014 at 8:03 AM

Hello,
      I will travel from 1 June 2014 in Greece Paralia Katerini resort, but I go there with Express International Line bus. It is going from Bucharest to Athens. The bus does not go directly in Paralia Katerini. I will get down near the town of Katerini at Olympus Plaza station.
      How can I get to Paralia Katerini from Olympus Plaza- bus ? I think that taxi is expensive...I will have baggage...is very hard!!!....what is the price of a normal bus ticket from Katerini to Paralia Katerini? per person...
      Thanks a lot ! Flory

more
    • SoumyaB's Profile Photo

Confused regarding tour plan

Romania Mar 24, 2014 at 10:51 AM

Hi...
      Could anyone please give me an idea on how much time I should keep aside to visit these places: Bucharest, Sighisoara, Brasov, Timisoara or Cluj. We would like if any of you can provide us with a definite tour plan. We would also like to include some other places inside Romania and maybe Budapest and/or Prague. Our journey would be of 12 days approximately. Also being students we would like to travel with a tight budget,
      SB

more

Popular Judetul Cluj Travel Answer Locations

• ArgentineTraveller's Profile Photo

About taxi and accomodation in Cluj Napoca

Cluj-Napoca Sep 18, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Dear all,

I am travelling to Cluj Napoca in December. It will be my first time in Romania. I would like to know:
      a) is there a safe way of travelling from the airport to the city center? (a particular taxi or company?)
      b) I am staying for about 15 days, attending to meetings at Tech. Univ. of cluj Napoca. Is there any 3-star hotel nearby that you would recommend?

Thanks in advance.!

Carlos

1 Answer Oct 13, 2013 at 7:44 PM
    • mysticflower's Profile Photo

taxi autogara Beta la aeroport

Cluj-Napoca Mar 23, 2013 at 8:03 AM

Cat ar costa un taxi de la Autogara Beta la aeroport, duminica ?

2 Answers Mar 23, 2013 at 11:08 PM
    • Trip from Jakarta Indonesia to Cluj Napoca Romania

Cluj-Napoca Aug 10, 2010 at 10:00 AM

What about the flight from Jakarta Indonesia to Cluj Napoca Romania?

5 Answers Aug 10, 2010 at 12:19 PM
    • anitayusof's Profile Photo

TRANSPORTATION TO / FROM CLUJ NAPOCA

Cluj-Napoca Jun 3, 2010 at 10:41 AM

Hello,
      I will be travelling to some Eastern Europe countries end of November for 5 weeks on a shoe string budget. I know its not the best of time, but that is the only time that I can get long holidays. Plz advise me on the cheapest mode of transportation (bus / train) to the following destinations - fare, duration of the journey & if there is any online booking or night travelling (to save on accomodation). Plz gv me the link in english version, else I wont udstand anything...If the list below isn't possible and I nd to split the journey, plz help me out.
      Prague - Brno
      Brno - Cesky Tesin
      Cieszyn - Krakow
      Krakow - Zakopane
      Zakopane - Poprad (both are in the High Tatras region, so is it worth seeing both or one is enough)?
      Long distance Poprad - Cluj Napoca or is it possible to do Sighisoara straight away as Sighi is more interesting than Cluj?
      Cluj / Sighi - Brasov
      Brasov - Sibiu (Can I finish seeing both in 1 day)?
      Long distance Sibiu - Budapest
      Budapest - Pecs
      Pecs - Sarajevo
      Sarajevo - Mostar
      Mostar - Dubrovnik
      Dubrovnik - Split
      Split - Plitvice Lake
      Plitvice Lake - Zagreb
      Zagreb - Vienna
      Vienna - back to Prague for flight home

4 Answers Jun 29, 2010 at 8:55 AM
    • Nadyala's Profile Photo

Yoga group in Cluj

Judetul Cluj Jan 3, 2010 at 6:53 AM

Recently settled in Cluj-Napoca, I would like to join a Yoga group. Any suggestions? I live on Plopilor close to Biserica Calvaria. Thanks. Nadyala

1 Answer Nov 11, 2013 at 7:34 AM
    • lee.evelyn's Profile Photo

getting to and around Cluj Napoca

Cluj-Napoca Nov 1, 2009 at 4:12 PM

I am hoping to go to a concert in Cluj Napoca sometime in 2010. Would it be best to take a train from Budapest to get to Cluj Napoca? And will the border crossing be safe? (I heard rumours that officials take your passport and demand a bribe before handing it back? has this ever happened to anyone?)
      Is the train station within walking distance of the city centre? Is the Philharmonic concert hall in the city centre? I intend to stay in a hotel and walk everywhere. Which language other than Romanian would be best understood? English, French or Italian? German?
      Thank you for any advice.

17 Answers Apr 7, 2010 at 4:01 PM
    • bartlese's Profile Photo

Moving to Cluj

Cluj-Napoca Sep 21, 2009 at 1:29 PM

I am planning on moving to Cluj in the Spring. My Romanian is limited but I am working on it. Does anyone have any suggestions of where to look for work or volunteer work?

1 Answer Sep 24, 2009 at 12:14 PM
    • antiques dealers and flea markets in Cluj

Cluj-Napoca Sep 13, 2009 at 3:59 AM

I love Rumanian antique or old fabrics and clothes, as well as the old original objects of the Transilvanian tradition. Are there antique shops or dealers, and flea markets, in Cluj? Thank you for answering my question!

1 Answer Sep 13, 2009 at 11:27 AM
    • Best way to get from Cluj Napoca to Munich?

Cluj-Napoca Jun 27, 2009 at 8:08 AM

I need to get from Cluj Napoca to Munich in mid July and I'm a budget backpacker. I can't find out if there are any bus routes to Munich from Cluj and I have no idea how much train tickets will cost. All the flights are too expensive.If anyone has any idea about train or bus/coach routes then I'd be sooo grateful. Thanks, tom g

4 Answers Jun 28, 2009 at 7:31 AM
    • Cluj Orphanage

Cluj-Napoca May 11, 2009 at 4:40 AM

Hello

Does anyone know of an orphanage in Cluj ? We are a group of Wales football supporters and will be drinving through Cluj at the end of the month on our way to Azerbaijan and have some gifts to donate to a local orphange.

Can anyone help locate one in Cluj ?

Thanks
      Neil

1 Answer May 11, 2009 at 5:27 AM
    • car rental in Cluj Napoca

Cluj-Napoca Jan 16, 2009 at 12:25 PM

Hello,
      I am going to Cluj Napoca in May, and I was wondering if anyone knows of a reliable, trustworthy car rental company there that I could rent with.

Thank you.

2 Answers Oct 13, 2013 at 7:44 PM
    • CLUJI FROM ROMA FOR CH. LEAGUE

Cluj-Napoca Nov 2, 2008 at 2:31 AM

Hi, i'm an italian boy and will be together a my friend in Cluj Napoca 26.11.2008 for football match..CLUJ-ROMA
      We will be there onli 1 night so i'd like know a good choice for nightlife after match.....we should like that it's a special night...
      Somebody could give me some interesting suggest????
      Thanks

9 Answers Nov 4, 2008 at 4:00 AM
    • Which restaurants and what to do in Cluj

Cluj-Napoca Aug 29, 2008 at 7:23 PM

We are coming across for 2 nights to watch the champions league next month.
      Which are the best restaurants to eat in. Either in town or a short distance outside.Are there any sights worth seeing or trips worth taking?

3 Answers Sep 24, 2008 at 7:02 AM
    • Krakow (Poland) to Cluj

Cluj-Napoca Jun 25, 2008 at 11:39 AM

Hi there fellow VTs,

I'm visiting Krakow, Poland in August (probably for 3 days, 8, 9 and 10) and from there I'd like to go to Cluj. The problem is that I can't seem to find good, solid info about the possibilities of transportation. So, can any of you help me out as you've done so many times in the past?

Many thanks in advance,

Rui

5 Answers Jul 20, 2008 at 10:58 AM
    • Hi Cluj !

Cluj-Napoca Apr 15, 2008 at 12:55 PM

I'm living in Cluj from 3 month's ago and without end. I'm living here for my job. I like Romania and I would like to integrate totally.

I'm looking for somepeople for to walk, to travel, to take a beer, ...

I'm spanish and living alone.

If you like to know me, you can to contact in this email: noodels2002@yahoo.es

Thanks for read this letters.

• Me encuentro solo !!

Cluj-Napoca Apr 6, 2008 at 7:34 AM

Llevo trabajando el Cluj unos meses y la verdad es que muchas veces me encuentro solo. Me encantaría contactar con alguien para salir a tomar algo, viajar, hacer excursiones por Rumania o por el extranjero, pasear, ir de compras, ...

Soy español y me gusta esta tierra, estoy aqui por trabajo y quisiera integrarme totalmente.

Me ayudais un poquito ?

Mil gracias. Mi email: noodels2002@yahoo.es

3 Answers Apr 15, 2008 at 6:41 PM
    • JoeReaney's Profile Photo

Cluj - Chisinau

Cluj-Napoca Mar 22, 2008 at 5:10 AM

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to get directly from Cluj to Chisinau, Moldova by bus or train. If so, can anyone tell me times/prices?

Many thanks!
      Joe

5 Answers Mar 23, 2008 at 3:55 AM
    • finelogs's Profile Photo

Tours to Istanbul from Cluj Napoca

Cluj-Napoca Jan 14, 2007 at 12:10 AM

My husband and I will be in Cluj Napoca for a couple weeks. We are wondering if there are local tour companies that can arrange a quick 2 day tour to see the Hagia Sophia/Blue Mosque in Turkey? Would we have better luck with locating a tour from another city - such as Bucharest?

Thanks for reading and any help!

Nancy

6 Answers Jan 27, 2008 at 12:51 PM
    • Natashja_DK's Profile Photo

Saturday evening & all Sunday in Cluj for a first time visit....any suggestions?

Cluj-Napoca Oct 26, 2006 at 2:28 PM

Hi fellow VT,

I just stumbled on to this site this evening when searching for information on my coming trip to Cluj! What a fantastic site and opportunity with an amazing amount of relevant and interesting information sharing!

Ok, ok - let me get to the point :-)

I am traveling to Cluj on Saturday, Oct. 28th. for business on Mon/Tues and I have taken the weekend to explore and to get a feel for the city, Romania, its people and culture.

I have the impression from reading a few posting in VT, that the city is fairly easy to get around in and I guess I will spend some time taking in a few of the main attractions (perhaps a trip to La Turda). If anyone can recommend any cafés, bars and/or restaurants or just any place for Saturday evening and Sunday brunch for people watching, meeting strangers and where people are fairly relaxed, I would appreciate this very much.

I read the Alex's comment about the Carpati - that sounded nice, so I will try to find that. I guess I can find an address, when I get there?

And if there is anything particular going on this weekend, any special events, festical, parties I would love to get a tip!

Thanks in advance!!

Kind Regards,

Natashja

8 Answers Oct 28, 2006 at 7:06 AM
    • Salons/Spas in Cluj?

Cluj-Napoca Aug 31, 2006 at 11:54 AM

Does anyone have a salon or spar to reccomend? Also, what are average prices for a massage or for hair coloring?

• Airport transfer

Cluj-Napoca Jun 17, 2006 at 2:50 PM

Coming to Cluj by plane this coming fall.
      Need to know how to book transport from Airport to city and return by taxi.
      Need to have idea of price.

1 Answer Jun 21, 2006 at 1:06 PM
    • Car rental

Cluj-Napoca Jun 14, 2006 at 4:50 PM

My husband, son,and I wish to hire a car in Cluj for 5 days of travel. Would you be able to recommend a reliable car rental agency? I am of course looking for the best deal for a hopefully great car.
      Thanks so much.
      Jane.

1 Answer Apr 2, 2014 at 7:24 AM
    • tesshotta's Profile Photo

Internet cafes

Cluj-Napoca May 23, 2006 at 9:12 PM

I'm doing medical missionary work in and around the city week of May 23th. I need access to internet cafes to stay in touch with family at home. Suggestions for best internet cafes? I'm a non smoker, am I going to be getting hit with a lot of smoking?

1 Answer May 24, 2006 at 10:29 AM
    • PetiteFee's Profile Photo

Looking for a friend

Judetul Cluj Apr 9, 2006 at 3:10 PM

Hello everybody,

I don't know if it's the place to post such a question but I am trying.

I am from Switzerland but was living in Cluj-Napoca for 3 months in 2004 (February to April). There I met a girl named Annamari and we became friends.

When I left Cluj I had her cellular phone number but as I lost my own cellular phone last year I lost also her number.

Annamari is from Hungarian origin and was studying History at Cluj University. She is from a small village in the Center of Romania (sorry I don't remember the name). Her boyfriend Csongi is also from the same village. He was studying archaelogy also at Cluj University.

Now Annamari must be 26 years old and she might have finished her studies. She used to work at the Tranzit House in Cluj but left this place before I left Cluj. I don't know her last name.

Please help me to get in touch with Annamari.

Thanks.

3 Answers May 6, 2006 at 10:39 AM
    • Need somewhere to sleep!!! And help with community art!

Cluj-Napoca Mar 6, 2006 at 12:11 PM

I'm travelling to Cluj-Napoca with 3 friends on the 20th of March until the 25th/26th. I've been there lots of times but my usual accomodation is not available this time, and the only hostel I can find on the internet (Retro) is all booked out!!! The hotels are quite expensive, so unless I go without food for the week it looks like I'll be sleeping on the street! Does anybody know of a secret hostel that's not on the internet, or a house/apartment somewhere in Cluj that rents out rooms??? Please let me know as soon as possible, because I'm off to Lithuania on the 11th! If you could email me that would be great: nessargh@gmail.com

Also, are there any community art groups or people involved in community art projects in Cluj-Napoca and the surrounding area? One of the reasons for this particular trip is to do some research into a community art project I would like to set up in a poor area of nearby Turda. Any tips on community art in general would also be welcome. Thanks!

2 Answers Jul 18, 2006 at 2:21 AM
    • Suggestion for day-trip

Judetul Cluj Jan 5, 2006 at 7:03 AM

Hello,

I'm trying to plan a day-trip. We will be based in Cluj but will hire a car for one day.

Where do you suggest we go (in January)?

Thanks!

2 Answers Jan 6, 2006 at 1:19 AM
    • DMBFAN#41's Profile Photo

Trip to Cluj

Cluj-Napoca Sep 17, 2005 at 9:10 AM

I'll be traveling to Cluj as part of a volunteer group building homes in October and was hoping to get as much information on what to see. Where are some of fun places in town to meet people and experience the local culture?

5 Answers Mar 6, 2006 at 12:20 PM
    • redrobin56's Profile Photo

Cluj Napoca

Cluj-Napoca May 3, 2005 at 2:30 AM

I wish to learn more about the city and wish to know:
      Is it a nice city?
      Whats the place about?
      Is it safe?
      Is it asuitable for a western tourist?
      Has it nightlife?
      Thanks

3 Answers Jul 15, 2005 at 4:56 AM
    • Transportation from Dubrovnik

Cluj-Napoca Apr 15, 2005 at 5:23 PM

Has anyone tried traveling from Dubrovnik to Cluj? What is the best way to get there if I'm travelling with my family and don't have a vehicle? How long will it take?

1 Answer Apr 17, 2005 at 10:22 PM
    • yoga classes in napoca

Judetul Cluj Apr 14, 2005 at 6:18 AM

Hi,
      Iam moving to Cluj for a while and i was wondering if someone knows a place where i can go to Yoga classes. I would also know if there is any place where to get photography classes.
      thanks!

2 Answers Jul 15, 2005 at 5:02 AM