Judetul Brasov

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• question about pitesti romania

Pitesti Dec 18, 2014 at 5:28 AM

is pitesti safe for muslim man ? and how much the rent and cost of liveing ?

and how much salary if someone work any thing ?

i am male 28 from egypt thinking to vist romania and maybe stay if its nice

more
    • Transylvania Itinerary Suggestions

Romania Dec 5, 2014 at 6:59 AM

We will be arriving in Bucharest and departing from Budapest in May and would like to get from one to the other seeing the main sites (towns, castles, etc) in Transylvania. This would be using public transportation. Currently, it seems that we would have at least 15 days just for Transylvania. Suggestions for an itinerary are welcome.
      Thank you.

more

Popular Judetul Brasov Travel Answer Locations

• schools in brasov

Brasov Jan 3, 2014 at 3:43 PM

hi, im looking into relocating to brasov with my family. can anyone tell me which are the best schools in brasov?

thanks

3 Answers Jan 8, 2014 at 12:01 PM
    • how much to tip?

Brasov Dec 9, 2013 at 6:16 AM

I am taking a day tour to 3 castles from brasov. I understand that tips is expected for the tour guide. Coming from country where tipping is not the norm, can someone advise how much should the the tip be. I dont want to offend the guide by giving too little or "offending" me by giving too much :)

6 Answers Apr 12, 2014 at 9:07 PM
    • orzel22's Profile Photo

How to get from Budapest to Bisericani, Harghita, Romania

Brasov Aug 4, 2013 at 6:54 AM

I cannot find any romanian website about their trains and schedules in English. I wonder how long the trip will take and how much it's going to cost. I would really appreciate any help! From Bisericani I'd like to go to Bran near Brasov, so it's not just about one train. :)

4 Answers Aug 14, 2013 at 9:42 AM
    • Brasov to budapest overnight

Brasov Jun 18, 2013 at 5:13 AM

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone knows the price of the overnight train from Brasov to Budapest (will be august 2013), ideally in a sleeper bed?

Thanx

2 Answers Jun 18, 2013 at 12:22 PM
    • Mark_Lester's Profile Photo

Mititie at Piaţa Sfatului

Brasov Feb 1, 2013 at 1:19 PM

We are doing this train trip, some of you will have bumped into me already.
      There is now a late evening sleeper to Sofia out of Bucharest. It's intermittent right now, but we are praying it will be more regular during the summer.
      The result of this is that, as we'd now have nearly 12 hours to kill Bucharest on arrival on the Ister Express from Budapest, we can jump off at Brasov and burn some of the time there, there are loads of trains on to Bucharest in the afternoon.
      We'd get into Brasov about 9:30 or so, and I suggest we should spend about 4 hours or so in Brasov then get down to Bucuresti and have a few hours there in the evening.
      I have very fond memories of discovering mititei from some place round the back of the square, on the south side. My question is, is it still there ?. What time does he get the grill going ?,
      We'll just go for the old square straight from the train, make camp at one of the cafes there (there will be 14 of us) then head back to the station about 1:30pm for the 14:20 into Bucharest.
      We wont be in a mad rush, so I'm sure we can work the buses out. I assume there is a direct one to and from the station to the old square.

5 Answers Feb 11, 2013 at 2:36 AM
    • Changing money to RON

Brasov Jan 13, 2013 at 6:15 PM

I will arrive Brasov from Budapest via train. As this is my first stop in Romania, is there facilities to change the currency to RON at Brasov train station? I need some Lei for Bus fare or Taxi ride to the centre. If there is none available at the train station itself, where is the closest place to get the Lei from the train station? Appreciate your input.

3 Answers Jan 27, 2013 at 6:49 AM
    • Holidays in Jan-Feb 2013 in Romania

Judetul Brasov Oct 12, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Good day

Planning to visit Poina Brasov at the end of January of February 2013. What is the best time for it in order to avoid crowds of people at ski slopes and in Colibas? What holidays will be in Romania at this period of time? As i heard at Febr should be some kids festival or something like this.

Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Oct 19, 2012 at 12:17 AM
    • yvr's Profile Photo

NIght Bus

Brasov Jul 19, 2012 at 7:48 PM

I will be arriving in Brasov around 2230 and I need to take the #51 bus from the train station to Piata Unirii however I understand that the last bus departs at 2235, is there a night bus that I can take after the last #51 at 2235. I have checked the transport map and i do see that there are also #s 50 with a line through it which might mean night bus, and 52. Your input is appreciated.

1 Answer Jul 20, 2012 at 4:38 AM
    • Homanded's Profile Photo

Plovdiv, Bulgaria - Brasov trains?

Brasov Mar 28, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Trying to find train transport or mode of transport between Plovdiv, Bulgaria and Brasov.
      Cannot seem to find anything.
      Does anyone know approximate time of travel and costs or best mode of transport between these two cities?

Thank you in advance,

Homer and Ed

11 Answers Mar 30, 2012 at 2:22 AM
    • mirchica's Profile Photo

Cable car

Brasov Nov 28, 2011 at 11:36 PM

Does somebody know what's the timetable of the Cable car that goes to Brasov sign? We'd like to see the city from that high point but we have only one day in Brasov and we wanna see more and more.

5 Answers Nov 30, 2011 at 11:53 PM
    • travel4u's Profile Photo

loooking for a homestay for few days/hostel

Brasov Dec 15, 2010 at 10:28 PM

hey guys..am visitng brasov for a few days and would like to get recommendation from anyone to the best hostel close to the train station...and nice places tovisit for three days..tks guys

3 Answers Sep 26, 2011 at 6:18 AM
    • Bran and Peles in one day

Brasov Aug 24, 2010 at 6:25 AM

Hello,

Is it possible to visit Bran Castle and Peles Castle in one day from Brasov, by public transport? And if not, which one is nicer to visit?

6 Answers Aug 29, 2010 at 8:24 AM
    • FruitLover's Profile Photo

Vegetarian restaurant in Brasov

Brasov May 7, 2010 at 8:29 AM

Hello folks,

Will you, please, help me to find good vegetarian restaurant in Brasov?

Thanx in advance,
      Avi

6 Answers Nov 9, 2010 at 2:45 PM
    • Canada - Usa Hockey

Brasov Feb 20, 2010 at 4:06 AM

Hi all, not so much a question but...

I am Canadian now living in Romania
      Any expat Canadians in Brasov or traveling canucks that may be here interested in meeting Sunday night for the hockey game? Actually...on the other hand, any Americans can join us to :)I like to have the opposing fans there when we win :)

A friend of mine owns a bar here, so will be there @ 02:00 to watch!!!

Let me know and I will send details.
      Cheers,

Christian

1 Answer Mar 17, 2010 at 8:06 AM
    • Taxis in Brasov

Brasov Oct 19, 2009 at 4:36 AM

Hi

We are arriving by train to Brasov and staying at 'Dolce Far Niente' in Str. Lupeni. It seems that the train station is quite a way out of central Brasov. About how much should a taxi cost for this journey? Also are the taxis that would be at the station generally reliable or a rip-off?

Different subject - any recommendations for restaurants in Brasov - nice but not too expensive! :-)

Thanks
      Karen

5 Answers Aug 17, 2010 at 10:17 PM
    • Bucharest to Brasov & Bram Castle

Brasov Jul 7, 2009 at 7:57 PM

Hi Everyone

I will be coming to Romania for a few days in January as part of my around the world trip. My plane will arrive in Bucharest around 4pm and i would like to make my way to brasov from there. I know that there are trains, can someone please please advise?

Also the following day while in Brasov i would love to take the dracula castle tour, can you suggest some good and reliable companies that offer this type of day tour in brasov?

16 Answers Aug 18, 2009 at 7:30 AM
    • Ramada Brasov

Brasov Jul 5, 2009 at 7:46 AM

Hi, does anyone know about this hotel? Is it close to the city centre? How far is it from the city centre? If I go to the train station and the city centre from the hotel, how mcuh are the trips? Thanks for your reply.

3 Answers Jul 8, 2009 at 2:14 AM
    • The way to Rasnov Fortress, Bran Castle, Peles Castle and Prejmer Fortified Church in 2 days

Brasov Jul 3, 2009 at 8:15 AM

Hi, I would like to go to Rasnov Fortress, Bran Castle, Peles Castle and Prejmer Fortified Church by bus/train/taxi from Brasov in 2 days. Would you please tell me the route? Thanks a lot!

3 Answers Jul 5, 2009 at 7:44 AM
    • timahoeman's Profile Photo

budapest to brasov

Brasov Oct 13, 2008 at 4:40 PM

hey guys

me and 20 friends who live all over euro are arriving in budapest on 30 october and wish to travel to brasov, romania next morning. looking for tips on buses, minivans, star trak beaming to arrive therefor halloween party, please reply any useful info on this to get us all there for massive party! any hitchikers welcome for a good night of fun!

1 Answer Oct 17, 2008 at 3:52 AM
    • Visiting Brasov and Bran Castle

Brasov Jun 25, 2008 at 3:22 PM

Hello fellow travellers,

I'm visiting Romania in August and I need some place for me and my 3 friends to stay at. Any advices would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Rui

5 Answers May 23, 2009 at 4:55 AM
    • GGlory's Profile Photo

Brasov Accommodation near main station

Brasov Jun 22, 2008 at 4:56 AM

Group of 2 plan to stay in Brasov for 3 nights in August and would like to find a nice 3 to 4 star hotel or pensions nearby the central railway station as we will travel by train on day trip basis to Sighisoara, Sinaia and Sibiu.
      Thank you in advance.

3 Answers Aug 9, 2008 at 1:26 AM
    • Dracula's Castle Stay

Brasov Jun 12, 2008 at 3:31 PM

I asked this question in the general Romania forum but I'm asking here to just in case it gets more bites...

I know that in many castles in Europe, some of the rooms have been made into hotel rooms to where, provided your willing to cough up the money, you can overnight there. My question is if that is the case with the castle known as Dracula's castle (I believe it's also called Bran Castle).

4 Answers Jun 13, 2008 at 1:25 AM
    • nigelarnold's Profile Photo

Hotel in Brasov

Brasov Apr 8, 2008 at 1:30 AM

We are staying in Brasov for 2 nights in June and would like to find a nice 4 or 5 star (UK) hotel. What is the Bella Muzica like or does anyone have a recommendation for a really nice 4 or 5 star hotel in Brasov

5 Answers Jun 21, 2008 at 12:08 PM
    • Bear sanctuary in Zarnesti

Brasov Feb 22, 2008 at 1:29 AM

Hello all,
      I will be staying in Brasov this June and am interested in visiting the bear sanctuary nearby in Zarnesti.Has anyone got any helpful information regarding it,for example whether it will be open to the public,and if so at what times and how easy it is to reach from Brasov.
      Cheers.

3 Answers May 15, 2010 at 12:56 AM
    • Rasnov,Bran and Prejmer in a day.

Brasov Feb 21, 2008 at 3:08 AM

Hello everyone,
      I was just wondering if it would be possible to visit Rasnov fortress,Bran castle and Prejmer church all in one day using public transport and/or taxis,and if so how much would it be and roughly how long would you be able to spend in each. Also,does anyone know the exact opening days/times for each place as I seem to get conflicting answers from various websites and guide books.
      Cheers.

7 Answers Mar 14, 2008 at 2:56 PM
    • Butoiul Sasului

Brasov Feb 6, 2008 at 1:53 PM

I went with my mother to have lunch at Butoiul Sasului but the owner of this restaurant did not allow us to use washroom's facility located outside the dining area. Is it any other place where we should have gone before eating in that particular restaurant?

• Alice47's Profile Photo

A room in the centre of Brasov

Brasov Jan 17, 2008 at 2:39 AM

I have been searching the internet for hours now, for a single room in Brasov for a reasonable price but am coming up blank. Everywhere seems so expensive. Don't really want a dorm situation. Can anyone help, please? What I would really like is a room with a family. Maybe someone knows somebody who lets rooms in their house.

6 Answers Jul 30, 2008 at 3:25 AM
    • guided tour in Brasov

Brasov Aug 25, 2007 at 9:13 AM

We (a group of 5 persons) visit Brasov in the weekend of 7-9 september 2007. We like to do a full-day guided tour on 8 september so that we can see something in Brasov and the surroundings. Can you recommand someone and what are the rugular prices?

thanx, Paul

3 Answers Aug 29, 2007 at 9:51 AM
    • BGN802's Profile Photo

Travel 7 November to Brasov.........

Brasov Aug 14, 2007 at 5:32 PM

Greetings, I am taveling to Brasov 7 Nov. I hear several stories about train travel. Can anyone please help me with info on train travel from Budapest to Brasov? Plus, November in Romania? I am excited about this portion of my travels. Thank you, Thank you, Bruce

2 Answers Aug 16, 2007 at 10:42 PM
    • Night train Budapest - Brasov...is it safe?

Brasov Aug 11, 2007 at 2:18 PM

I'm going to Brasov from Budapest on September and i was wondering if it was safe going by the night train. Someone can tell me his/her experience? or give me any advice? Thanks in advance.

4 Answers Nov 7, 2007 at 3:31 PM