Judetul Brasov Travel Answers

change location

Holidays in Jan-Feb 2013 in Romania

by SlavaZag Online Now Oct 12, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Good day

Planning to visit Poina Brasov at the end of January of February 2013. What is the best time for it in order to avoid crowds of people at ski slopes and in Colibas? What holidays will be in Romania at this period of time? As i heard at Febr should be some kids festival or something like this.

Thanks in advance.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • mirchica's Profile Photo

Re: Holidays in Jan-Feb 2013 in Romania

by mirchica Online Now Oct 12, 2012 at 3:59 AM

Hi :)

We were last year in Poiana at the end of December and obviously the resort was preparing for its peak which is exactly January/ February. These are the coldest months in Romania and normally it's the time when people go skiing, especially in such a popular resort.
    There is an European Youth Winter Olympic Festival which will be held from 17 to 23 of February so probably it will be most crowded then.
    There are no official holidays in that time so probably during the week it won't be so crowded. But you know that if you're keen on skiing you always take a week for a winter vacation

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Holidays in Jan-Feb 2013 in Romania

by razvanmitica Online Now Oct 19, 2012 at 12:17 AM

If there will be snow, and probably it will (although surprises might occur)Poiana Brasov will be pretty crowded, especially in weekends. But being a ski resort weekdays might be crowded as well. In case you don't like it and you think you're up to it, a skiing tour in the Carpathian Mountains will be awesome if you ask me(and be sure it won't be crowded at all there :) ). I found a tour organized by an agency in Brasov (which is the city next to Poiana Brasov) that you could check out: activeholidays.ro/tours-in-r...
    Tell me what you think :)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Judetul Brasov Travel Answer Locations