Joshua Tree National Park Travel Answers

change location
welbourn3's Profile Photo

Places to Stay near JTNP

by welbourn3 Online Now Oct 20, 2009 at 7:04 AM

Has anyone stayed at Joshua Desert Retreats before? (It is somehwat near 29 Palms I believe). Any other recommendations for great places to stay near the park? We are two adults, a college sophomore, and a ten year old. Thanks for your help!

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Kakapo2's Profile Photo

Re: Places to Stay near JTNP

by Kakapo2 Online Now Oct 20, 2009 at 2:22 PM

I stayed in Twentynine Palms several times but always a different motel. I think it is the perfect township for visiting Joshua Tree NP.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • kzapanta's Profile Photo

by kzapanta Online Now Oct 22, 2009 at 3:56 PM

Depends on what you are in Joshua Tree for?
    You can camp right in there. I'd stay away from any name with a retreat.

• welbourn3's Profile Photo

by welbourn3 Online Now Oct 23, 2009 at 1:14 PM

Thanks for the info guys. KZ - we are going mostly for the hiking and to experience desert terrain and enjoy some beautiful star gazing. (We live in lush green mountains in North Carolina). We will also do a little bouldering. My oldest daughter is a "serious" climber and will probably join a guided group for a day of climbing. We really don't want to camp, but do like a fair amount of privacy and space. I had heard of Joshua Desert Retreats...should I be wary?

• kzapanta's Profile Photo

by kzapanta Online Now Oct 23, 2009 at 11:42 PM

Seems your pretty set on that J.D. retreats. Don't know a dang thing about them. If the bed is clean and you can't hear two units away, count it a blessing in that area's choices of accomodations.

As a serious climber, your certified daughter will tell you most climbing deaths happen the first 30 feet, and bouldering without the right people and gear is far more dangerous than climbing with a rope 200 feet up.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines