Joshua Tree National Park Travel Answers

change location

Joshua Tree National Park Drive-By

by tropicdiver Online Now Feb 4, 2007 at 9:45 AM

On my way from San Diego to Yuma to meet my new grandson, I plan on driving up to Joshua Tree National Park via the Anza-Borrego Desert State Park.

I'm really not going to have much time to do any hiking (perhaps some short hikes, hopefully), as my time will be rather limited. Is it best to enter the park from the North and then drive south thru it or should I enter from the south and just head northwest to get a taste of the park?

I've looked at numerous tips this morning about Joshua Tree National Park to get a general overview of the park and it sounds like the west side of the park will be the best area for me to explore in the short time I am there.

Any suggestions of "must see" areas?

Thanks.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • kzapanta's Profile Photo

RE: Joshua Tree National Park Drive-By

by kzapanta Online Now Feb 5, 2007 at 12:48 PM

Theres nothing I can really say as a must see. Joshua Tree is mostly high dessert with rocks for rock climbing.

The concentration of campsites and roads are on the south and west end of the park. You will see the same things in either area. Going north to south thru the park will definitely me the slower way.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • lmkluque's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Joshua Tree National Park Drive-By

by lmkluque Online Now Feb 6, 2007 at 7:50 AM

Hi Bob,

It's me again. :-)

You might write to Yubert and ask him. He goes there quite often, I believe, and could give you some good tips on Joshua Tree N.P.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines