change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Taxi from Amman Queen Alia airport to Wadi Rum

Amman Apr 9, 2014 at 4:49 AM

Hello everybody,
      My plane lands early morning in Amman and I'd like to go straight to Wadi Rum. Any ideas how easy it would be to find a taxi at airport and how much it will cost?
      Also, the same questions applies to travel from Wadi Rum to Dead Sea - how much it may cost and are there any taxis one can find at Wadi Rum?
      Thank you!

more
    • What is the name of an Eau the toilette in the Aqaba airport tax free shop?

Aqaba Apr 9, 2014 at 1:14 PM

I have seen an eau the toilette in the Aqaba airport Tax Free shop but i can not remember the name. There were 2 different buttles from the same company (probably from France), one black and one transparent, the only ones whith the size about 10 cm x 10 cm. Can you tell me what is the name of the eau the toilette?
      Thanks in advance/Alexander

more
    • Hiking In Jordan at April 2014

Jordan Apr 7, 2014 at 11:58 PM

Dear Members,

I have couple of questions.
      My first questions is: Does Jordanian Customs allows to enter dry food like : Nuts, Almonds or Dates
      in to the country ? I plan to come in the country from Akaba, by the Wadi Araba bordar Crossing .

My Second question is : In Wadi Mujib + Wadi ibn Hammad are there snakes at this time of year ? Are the snakes dangerous?

Best Wishes,
      Liran

more
    • hiking stuff

Amman Mar 30, 2014 at 9:28 AM

Where can I find and buy a rucksack the big hiking bags?

more
    • Travel Petra to Sweimeh

Petra Mar 29, 2014 at 7:22 AM

Please could I have advice regarding transport options between Petra and Sweimeh? Are there alternatives to taking a taxi?
      Thanks very much

more
    • Restaurants you recommend Madaba

Madaba Mar 22, 2014 at 1:53 PM

We have two nights in Madaba are there some restaurants you might recommend with good local food not overrun by tourist?

more
    • Petra transportation help

Petra Mar 22, 2014 at 10:39 AM

Hi, I'll be arriving at the Aquba airport on a Friday at 3am.
      I'd like to see the sights in Petra.
      What is the best and cheapest way to get to Petra from the airport? I would need to get to the Petra visitors’ center in Wadi Musa.
      Also, on Saturday, I need to cross the border into Israel so I can take a bus to Jerusalem. The bus leaves from Eilat at 4:30pm. Is there an inexpensive way to get to Eilat from Wadi Musa on a Saturday?
      Thank you so much for your help.

more
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

Driving in Jordan

Petra Mar 31, 2014 at 3:23 AM

Hi,

I was travelling to Jordan next week and wanted to check - how will the route of Amman Airport to Petra to Dana/Kerak to Deadsea resorts will look like. Please let me know on whether Gas/Petrol stations quite common, will route boards be in english, usage of GPS worth and advisable, rest areas on the route etc? If there is a problem with the car, do help available quickly from rental car companies. I prefer taxi, but considering that I will be travelling with little kids, rental car will give me flexibility on when I start, when I stop etc. Any other DOs and DONTs?

more
    • transportation to Mu'tah

Amman Apr 12, 2014 at 1:43 AM

How can I travel from Amman airport to Mu'tah?

more
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

Visa for american passport holder

Jordan Apr 1, 2014 at 10:40 AM

Hi, is visa required for American passport holders?
      What is is the process, is it upon arrival?
      How long does it take and cost? Can it be paid in Usd?
      Thanks!

more
    • transportation to Mu'tah

Amman Apr 12, 2014 at 1:43 AM

How can I travel from Amman airport to Mu'tah?

4 Answers Apr 12, 2014 at 3:32 AM
    • What is the name of an Eau the toilette in the Aqaba airport tax free shop?

Aqaba Apr 9, 2014 at 1:14 PM

I have seen an eau the toilette in the Aqaba airport Tax Free shop but i can not remember the name. There were 2 different buttles from the same company (probably from France), one black and one transparent, the only ones whith the size about 10 cm x 10 cm. Can you tell me what is the name of the eau the toilette?
      Thanks in advance/Alexander

1 Answer Apr 10, 2014 at 4:31 AM
    • Taxi from Amman Queen Alia airport to Wadi Rum

Amman Apr 9, 2014 at 4:49 AM

Hello everybody,
      My plane lands early morning in Amman and I'd like to go straight to Wadi Rum. Any ideas how easy it would be to find a taxi at airport and how much it will cost?
      Also, the same questions applies to travel from Wadi Rum to Dead Sea - how much it may cost and are there any taxis one can find at Wadi Rum?
      Thank you!

• Hiking In Jordan at April 2014

Jordan Apr 7, 2014 at 11:58 PM

Dear Members,

I have couple of questions.
      My first questions is: Does Jordanian Customs allows to enter dry food like : Nuts, Almonds or Dates
      in to the country ? I plan to come in the country from Akaba, by the Wadi Araba bordar Crossing .

My Second question is : In Wadi Mujib + Wadi ibn Hammad are there snakes at this time of year ? Are the snakes dangerous?

Best Wishes,
      Liran

1 Answer Apr 8, 2014 at 4:29 AM

Visa for american passport holder

Jordan Apr 1, 2014 at 10:40 AM

Hi, is visa required for American passport holders?
      What is is the process, is it upon arrival?
      How long does it take and cost? Can it be paid in Usd?
      Thanks!

4 Answers Apr 2, 2014 at 6:46 AM

Driving in Jordan

Petra Mar 31, 2014 at 3:23 AM

Hi,

I was travelling to Jordan next week and wanted to check - how will the route of Amman Airport to Petra to Dana/Kerak to Deadsea resorts will look like. Please let me know on whether Gas/Petrol stations quite common, will route boards be in english, usage of GPS worth and advisable, rest areas on the route etc? If there is a problem with the car, do help available quickly from rental car companies. I prefer taxi, but considering that I will be travelling with little kids, rental car will give me flexibility on when I start, when I stop etc. Any other DOs and DONTs?

2 Answers Mar 31, 2014 at 5:22 AM
    • hiking stuff

Amman Mar 30, 2014 at 9:28 AM

Where can I find and buy a rucksack the big hiking bags?

• Travel Petra to Sweimeh

Petra Mar 29, 2014 at 7:22 AM

Please could I have advice regarding transport options between Petra and Sweimeh? Are there alternatives to taking a taxi?
      Thanks very much

1 Answer Mar 29, 2014 at 8:21 PM
    • Restaurants you recommend Madaba

Madaba Mar 22, 2014 at 1:53 PM

We have two nights in Madaba are there some restaurants you might recommend with good local food not overrun by tourist?

1 Answer Mar 22, 2014 at 3:51 PM
    • Petra transportation help

Petra Mar 22, 2014 at 10:39 AM

Hi, I'll be arriving at the Aquba airport on a Friday at 3am.
      I'd like to see the sights in Petra.
      What is the best and cheapest way to get to Petra from the airport? I would need to get to the Petra visitors’ center in Wadi Musa.
      Also, on Saturday, I need to cross the border into Israel so I can take a bus to Jerusalem. The bus leaves from Eilat at 4:30pm. Is there an inexpensive way to get to Eilat from Wadi Musa on a Saturday?
      Thank you so much for your help.

1 Answer Mar 22, 2014 at 4:06 PM

Visa on arrival - Query

Amman Mar 15, 2014 at 3:27 PM

I will be arriving in Amman, Jordan in the next few weeks. Considering that I need to take visa on arrival, can I know from those experienced what are the various documents expected from me. I am particularly interested to know is there a need for medical insurance with special clauses like the schengan visa countries expects, also are there any specific things outside return air ticket, hotel accomodations and passport (amount of cash required etc).

3 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 3:33 AM

Airport Transportation and Amman one day city tour

Amman Mar 15, 2014 at 3:22 PM

In the next few weeks, I will be visiting Amman, Jordan for the first time. It will be arriving little late in the night and hence want to go for a reliable taxi. Can I know whether I need to do any online booking for taxi or can take one from the airport itself and are there any safety measures to consider. On day 1 want help with the itinerary within Amman city. What is the best way to do this (reliable coach tours or taxi arrangement etc)? Please let me know.

1 Answer Mar 17, 2014 at 3:50 AM

Car rental

Jordan Feb 28, 2014 at 1:34 AM

Hi, I need to rent a car for my trip about 5 days, any recommended car rental agencies?

I have a quote from a car company and find them quite pricy. I need a car for 5 days 4 hours but they are charging 6 days regardless. Is this a norm as my experience with car rental companies in other countries are different, ie they charge the days and additional hours, not round up to an additional day.

Hope someone can give me good advice. Thanks

4 Answers Mar 5, 2014 at 12:27 PM
    • Amman Airport to hotel

Amman Feb 26, 2014 at 10:41 PM

Is it safe for female Asians to take taxi from Amman Queen Alia International Airport to hotel in the evening ( around 8.00pm). What to pay attention to for females travelling to Jordan? Thanks a lot.

3 Answers Feb 27, 2014 at 5:12 AM
    • Amman Airport to hotel

Amman Feb 26, 2014 at 10:39 PM

Is it safe for female Asians to take taxi from Amman Queen Alia International Airport to hotel in the evening ( around 8.00pm). What to pay attention to for females travelling to Jordan? Thanks a lot.

1 Answer Feb 28, 2014 at 6:16 AM
    • Dive Aqaba what sites and companies?

Jordan Feb 16, 2014 at 6:08 PM

have recommendations for dive shops in Aqaba? safe companies good rental equipment

• Oct 3 holiday of Eid-al-Adha? Travel impact?

Jordan Feb 15, 2014 at 9:29 AM

Will be have closures of transport, stores, restaurants, etc. during this three day religious holiday?

4 Answers Feb 16, 2014 at 6:45 AM
    • hike's in Jordan

Jordan Feb 10, 2014 at 8:40 PM

Where can we do nice hikes; outside the crowd?

2 Answers Feb 16, 2014 at 1:48 AM
    • How much time do I need to spend at Petra?

Petra Jan 29, 2014 at 7:03 PM

Is there something more around that place?
      We problably have one full day and a morning.

We have to chosse: one night more in amman or one night more in Petra.......
      What will be the answer?

10 Answers Feb 23, 2014 at 12:23 PM
    • rocsteadi's Profile Photo

Fragrance oils

Jordan Jan 25, 2014 at 7:46 PM

Where's the best store in Amman, Jordan to shop for fragrance oils.

• roserosada's Profile Photo

Traveling to Jordan in a tour this summer

Jordan Jan 24, 2014 at 1:11 PM

What is the security situation currently in Jordan?

11 Answers Jan 24, 2014 at 9:01 PM
    • rocsteadi's Profile Photo

Camera To Amman, Jordan

Jordan Jan 24, 2014 at 12:11 PM

Want to take my Nikon D200 camera with me to Amman, Jordan next month ,will it be okay

5 Answers Jan 25, 2014 at 7:42 PM

Trip to Amman (Amman, Petra and Dead Sea)

Amman Jan 10, 2014 at 1:33 PM

I along with my wife and 2 daughters are now on course to reach Amman in 1st week of April. Day 1 - we will be reaching late and nothing much to do. We plan to take a day tour to Petra on day 2, Amman sight-seeing on day 3, Dead sea on day 4 and last day return back to London. Please help on the following questions:
      a) what is the cheap but safest way to reach Petra, visit the attraction and return to Amman? We prefer joining a group tours (bus, coach etc). Official website is not mentioning the entry cost for children under 15, but another website shows no fee for children. Do children have ticket?
      b) We plan to have our stay in Sowamya on day 4 - my question is whether all hotels provide access to have a dip in dead sea or do we need to goto a specific place. Is there any ticket involved? We are excited to see people floating in the water without support.
      c) What is the best way to spend one day in touring Amman and around? Please suggest group tours or cost effective way of planning ourselves and making a trip. For our own trip, please suggest transportation modes and cost
      d) We are flying into AMM airport and staying at Amman Pasha hotel. What is the cost effective way of reaching there? If it is only taxi, can we take one just outside airport or book earlier?
      e) Would you recommend me renting a car and drive - how difficult to drive or what caution I should take? Will I get petrol station in many places and roads are easy to travel. If I rent I want to use it to go from Amman to Petra and to Dead Sea. Will rental companies expect anything specifically from foreigners?

Thanks.

2 Answers Feb 23, 2014 at 1:16 PM

Dead sea in end april

Jordan Jan 2, 2014 at 12:12 PM

How is the weather like for dead sea in april?

Is there any public beach / day access if we do not book a resort stay? Appreciate some tips on this.

Thanks!

3 Answers Jan 3, 2014 at 7:32 AM
    • aquil's Profile Photo

Feedback on Hotels

Jordan Dec 31, 2013 at 10:32 PM

We are a family of 4 incl 2 kids aged 12 & 16 planning a 5 nights trip to Jordan in end Jan 2014. My budget for accomodation is JD 60 per day. based on booking.com reviews, I have selected following hotels:-
      Tetra Tree in Petra
      Mariam Hotel in Madaba
      Arab Divers Village in Aqaba

I would appreciate any feedback on these hotels OR recommendations otherwise.

2 Answers Jan 1, 2014 at 5:15 AM
    • aquil's Profile Photo

North Jordan

Jordan Dec 31, 2013 at 10:25 PM

I want to drive thorugh the North Jordan in a day. I have worked out a route thats given below. I want to know
      if I start my drive out from Madaba and follow the route given below, how long would it take to complete the trip (with brief stopovers at all locations)

Madaba-Sleepers' cave- Jarash- Ajloun-Umm al Qais-Baptism Site-Madaba

• aquil's Profile Photo

Dead Sea in end January

Jordan Dec 31, 2013 at 5:59 AM

I will be visiting Dead Sea around 30th January 2014. Can anyone please tell me if it would be too cold to experience floating in the Dead Sea. Thx

6 Answers Jan 1, 2014 at 1:44 AM
    • Tormey0206's Profile Photo

Traveling Alone

Amman Dec 22, 2013 at 9:59 PM

I am an female westerner and will be traveling to Amman, Jordan for a day (I have a 8 hour lay-over on my arrival and another 5 hour layover on my return flight). Being that I have experience traveling (although not in the Middle East) and I will not be going too far does anyone find this to be extremely unsafe? Have any western females had any experience in traveling to Amman? Any insight or tips would be appreciated :)

13 Answers Mar 23, 2014 at 12:39 PM
    • xaver's Profile Photo

Private driver

Amman Dec 9, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Do you know any good private driver for day trips out of Amman and for tours over the country?
      Thanks

5 Answers Jan 21, 2014 at 5:48 PM
    • ToriW's Profile Photo

Driving from Amman to Jerash at Night

Jordan Nov 14, 2013 at 2:06 PM

If I rent a car in the evening from the Amman airport will it be an easy/ safe drive around 7 in the evening?

1 Answer Nov 14, 2013 at 3:20 PM