Jordan Travel Answers

change location

Traveling from Jordan to Israel by car, please help!

by mgsala Online Now Feb 7, 2013 at 3:05 PM

What is the best way to cross the border from Jordan to Israel?
I am planning on staying mostly in Jordan but would like to find the quickest most effective way to cross the border by car so I can quickly go to Jerusalem!

1. Is the King Hussein Bridge the only option?

2. Do you recommend staying before in a hotel on the Jordanian Dead Sea before crossing?

3. What is the best way to cross? bus? taxi? is it safe?

4. Once in Israel, is it easy to go to Jerusalem?

thank you so much for the valuable help!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Traveling from Jordan to Israel by car, please help!

by ramot418 Online Now Feb 8, 2013 at 1:46 AM

Do you mean a rental car?
    If so, rental cars cannot be taken across borders in either direction.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • angiebabe's Profile Photo

Re: Traveling from Jordan to Israel by car, please help!

by angiebabe Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 3:58 AM

HI, when you say cross the border by car then in Q3 ask what is the best way to cross - bus?taxi? its a little unclear. the King Hussein bridge crossing is the closest to Jerusalem but if you are implying you would be dropped off at a border then yes you can stay a night at Aqaba which is lovely beside the Red Sea and then cross at the border and go down to Eilat to catch a bus to Jerusalem. You can also fly from Eilat. If its a Friday the last bus is earlier at 1pm for Shabat/Sabbath with a break from the usual bus timetable until the first bus on Saturday 11am - thats when I was there anyway.

I was travelling on my own in a rental car that friends of a friend who turned out to in the tourism industry found for me along with booking a couple of hotels cheaper for me. and were phone contactable if any help needed. I didnt feel unsafe at any time -- was quite pleasantly surprised that wherever I went there was a sense of calm and people were friendly though didnt go out on my own late - it didnt get dark till about 9pm each night and i was often still driving until my destination for the night. Im comfortable with being in Morocco on my own, including out at night over quite a number of years and I really did enjoy being in Jordan

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Jordan Travel Answer Locations