Jordan Travel Answers

change location
Jimbles's Profile Photo

Jordan honeymoon - private drivers

by Jimbles Online Now Jul 15, 2012 at 9:25 AM

We are considering a honeymoon in Jordan next year in may. I really don't want to book a tour as we much prefer doing our research and exploring on our own. Im thinking 4 nights at the dead sea, 2 at Petra, 1 night in wadi rum and 4 at aqaba. Its our honeymoon so we want to explore some and relax plenty too! Booking the flights and hotels is fine but our only problem would be getting around. Is it easy to book private drivers to take us from one place to another and how much are they? Do they need to be booked in advance? I don't want to get stuck somewhere or get ripped off by someone shady!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Jimmy

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: Jordan honeymoon - private drivers

by ExploringMENA Online Now Feb 19, 2013 at 7:15 AM

Yes, booking with a dive center is super easy. My wife, sister, and I just did a dive with Ahlan Aqaba diving center and were super happy with the experience. My wife and I are beginners, but my sister is super advanced, so we did separate dives from the same location (which we all thought were awesome). I think there are about 12 dive spots all relatively close and they include transportation. As for advanced booking, I think it depends on the time of year. We just went a few weeks ago, and being off season, we were able to book and go the same day (we reserved with another center, but couldn't find them, and stumbled across these guys). I think all dive centers charge between 40-80 JD, depending on # of tanks and all (I think). Definitely good to shop around though.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Jordan Travel Answer Locations