Jordan Travel Answers

change location

Seeing a football match in Jordan

by 1funs8 Online Now Mar 5, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Hello, anyone have tips on finding a football match to see in Jordan? Will be in Amman a few days but around the country for 2 weeks and would love to take the family to a match, provided it would be safe for children. Not sure how to find a schedule and/or buy tickets. Comments welcome.

Update:  It looks like there is a match 02/04/13 in Amman at the International Stadium with Al Faisaly vs. the UAE Team.  Does anyone know if tickets to a match like this are impossible to get or cost prohibitive?

Thanks!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • bonio's Profile Photo

Re: Seeing a football match in Jordan

by bonio Online Now Mar 5, 2013 at 12:03 PM

This will give you fixtures and addresses.

uk.soccerway.com/national/jo...">uk.soccerway.com/national/jo...

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

by davidjo Online Now Mar 5, 2013 at 2:09 PM

I used to live in Jordan and saw a few games years ago and crowds were very small. In recent years the national team has improved so i suspect football is more popular now but probably the tickets are cheap as the locals don't have too much money. There have been instances of hooliganism in recent years but on the whole Jordanians are very friendly.

1 member found this helpful

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo

by cachaseiro Online Now Mar 6, 2013 at 8:28 AM

I would think you should be safe but there has been a little bit of trouble cropping up in recent years as the sport is growing in popularity and i remember going to a game once to find out that they had banned the home team from having spectators because they had caused trouble at a few games.
    But i guess this is like elsehwere in the world where the trouble makers tend to stay in small groups behind the goal where they can fight with the police and then after the game they try to find fans from the other team looking for trouble.
    I have been to football mateches in over 20 countries and never had any trouble anywhere.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Jordan Travel Answer Locations