Jordan Travel Answers

change location

Jordan in 5 days

by julien1223 Online Now Feb 19, 2013 at 4:13 PM

hello I need help going to Jordan then Dubai from NY . In Jordan I will stay 5 days. Please help me where to go? Thank you

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • cachaseiro's Profile Photo

Re: Jordan in 5 days

by cachaseiro Online Now Feb 19, 2013 at 4:28 PM

I guss you will be landing in Amman airport and from there i would leave Amman directly as i do not think Amman is the that interesting compared to many of the other sights in Jordan. You could drive directly to Madaba which is not that far from the airport and a place with very interesting sights, Mount Nebo being one of them. Then you could drive to Petra and spend two days there before going to Wadi rum and spend a night there and go back to Amman. If you have time for it then the ancient town of Jerash would also be a very good place to visit.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

by davidjo Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 2:18 AM

I agree with Cashaseiro, leave the airport, take a look at the old mosaic map at the church in Madaba, Visit Mount Nebo where Moses saw the Holy Land, then take the King's Highway stopping at Kerak to see the castle, continue to Petra to see the amazing caves and buildings carved out of the red stone. Whip down to Aqaba for a day on the beach before returning to the airport. Other points of interest is to head north to Ajlun Castle, Jerash, Azraq Castle and the desert castles., but you don't really have time to do this!!

1 member found this helpful

by cachaseiro Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 4:24 AM

Going out to Azraq visisng the desert castles is sue a very interesting trip and i totally agree with David that this is a good trip to do if you cab pack it in to the journey.

Be the first to rate this answer!

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo

by ViajesdelMundo Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 8:20 AM

as one can go to beaches soooo many other places, I sure wouldn't miss JERASH, if at all possible! and you could limit it to a couple hours and still be worthwhile, IMHO

• solopes's Profile Photo

by solopes Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Cachaseiro described the general program in Jordan, only missing two interesting points - bathing in the Dead Sea, and a brief ride in Wadi Rum, easy to book at the visitor center. Jordan is small, so, it is possible to visit Amman and Jerash in the same day, Madaba, Nebo mount, Dead sea and Kerak, in another one, leaving a fullday to Petra. Wadi Rum is close to it, in the way to Aqaba, that has not much to see, being only a beach. Since you are going to Dubai, you may get a better beach there skipping Aqaba, slowing your visit and getting time for the desert castles.

I think that my pages of Jordan and Dubai may be useful to you. Enjoy your trip.

2 members found this helpful

• davidjo's Profile Photo

by davidjo Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Yes, i agree, miss out Aqaba, there is not too much there. In fact the beach used to be much smaller until the Saudis exchanged a little land with Jordan in 1965 so Jordan had a little more coastline. (another 18kms to be precise)

by cachaseiro Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Aqaba is really just a beach resort where you have a lot of arabs coming to drink alcohol as it's one of the cheapest and easiest places to drink alcohol in the arab world.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Jordan Travel Answer Locations