Joondalup Lake Travel Answers

change location
tarw's Profile Photo

Whats it like

by tarw Online Now Aug 18, 2005 at 11:02 AM

We have sold our House in Wales.
My Wife has just got a job in Joondalup as a Midwife.
We are just waiting for our permanent visa, ( god how long does it take ).
My questions are: What is Joondalup like
Is it good for the family
Is it expensive

Mike

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • wombles's Profile Photo

RE: Whats it like

by wombles Online Now Aug 18, 2005 at 4:01 PM

joondalup.wa.gov.au/cms/temp...

Try this website. I would not imagine Joondalup is expensive compared with other places in Australia.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Mikebb's Profile Photo

RE: Whats it like

by Mikebb Online Now Aug 18, 2005 at 4:53 PM

Hi
    Joondalup is approx 25 km from Perth city centre, established by the government in the 1980's to move govt dept to the suburbs . it is called Joondalup City, located on the Northern Beach area approx 5 km from beach. Has all services including a large government hospital, an excellent train service to Perth, gets you to Perth in 20 minutes.

The city area has recently had many apartments and town houses built , as you move away from city within several km you enter suburbia with many new suburbs established in last 10 years .

Plenty of schools nearby, both public and private, Edith Cowan University within a km of train station etc etc. Joondalup is considered a good place to live
    Try these web sites for real estate

www.realmark.com.au
    www.royweston.com.au
    www.rec.com.au
    www.themortgagegallery.com.au
    www.grangeapartments.com

There is a local newspaper called Joondalup Times, you could put this in google search engine and you can read about the community.

Good luck
    Mikebb

• aussirose's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Whats it like

by aussirose Online Now Aug 19, 2005 at 4:49 AM

Wow Mike!! What a great answer matey!! Well if you and your wife want to meet for coffee someday, I live local to Joondalup. In fact that's where I catch the train to work every day from :o) So please feel free to drop me an email sometime. Cheers, Ann :o)

• RE: Whats it like

by jacsilversurfer Online Now Aug 21, 2005 at 10:23 PM

Joondalup is by the Indian Ocean which means the climate is lovely. Fresh sea breezes will give you a cooler summer evening.The beaches are not as good as they are further south,for example Scarborough but you have an easy run down the freeway or an amble down West Coast Highway to whatever beach you choose.There is transport by train into the city or Fremantle. There are many cheap restaurants and a large shopping centre.Its a bit bleak on a Sunday if you fancy a good cup of coffee but the De Luxe Joondaup Resort is open. You will enjoy living in Joondalup as many English expats do..Many of the locals are happy Poms. Joondalup is like a satellite town of Perth with easy access to other areas. Nothing to whinge about if you love the ocean and clean air. Cheers

• tarw's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Whats it like

by tarw Online Now Aug 22, 2005 at 8:07 AM

Cheers
    some great replies and there will certainly be no whinging from me. Sun, beach and ocean breeze sounds better than a wet welsh summer.(not English)
    Thanks for the offer Anne, when our visa finally arrives i'll E Mail you.
    Right i'm off to check out the links you all provided

Mike

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines