Johnson City

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Getting around

Memphis 2 hours ago

its a first trip to memphis staying at the double tree with the uk fan club but I feel like the hotel is quite a long way from graceland. Is it expensive to get taxis and is there adequate public transport should we require it?

more
    • safe area TO LIVE

Nashville Dec 7, 2014 at 11:56 AM

moving to Nashville Tn end of Jan 2015 I SEE SEVERAL APTS CLOSE TO DOWNDOWN WHERE I WILL BE WORKING I AM HOPING NOT TO HAVE TO TAKE THE INTERSTATE CAN ANYONE RECCOMMEND ONE HOPEFULLY ONE WITH GARAGE

more
    • Train and Bus

Knoxville Dec 8, 2014 at 10:08 PM

how can I take a train or a bus from Knoxville to Detroit MI

more
    • jimboegv's Profile Photo

Liquor laws

by jimboegv Online Now Feb 15, 2010 at 7:51 PM

Just thinking ahead...about a trip to Johnson City and then to Mountain City and environs spending a bit of time in a cabin in the woods and a b&b. Just a couple of buddies wanting to get away and fish a little, bs a little, and relax.

Did a search for restaurants and pubs and got little. We like our beer and wine and general historic hangouts, but now I'm being warned that many rural areas are dry and the only "hangouts" are an occasional coffee shop/cafe.

Johnson City seems to have nice restaurant variety with downtown bars which seem to cater mainly to the college kids. But we wanted to get out into the less populated areas and meet the locals. What's up?

8 Answers Feb 23, 2010 at 6:24 AM
    • Harmony Grocery

by sanskritg Online Now May 25, 2008 at 1:38 PM

Is Harmony Grocery still open for business?

1 Answer May 25, 2008 at 4:50 PM
    • Any Johnson City Area Photos?

by ace_mercer Online Now Dec 7, 2005 at 3:02 PM

Hey. Do you have any photos of Johnson City and the area? They're hard to find
      on the internet. Is it mountainous? Please send some if you have some. Most
      everything on the internet that is available is downtown where the railways
      cross and a lot of history on the trains and railways. I'd like to see what the
      background looks like. Is it in a valley? Surrounded by mountains? Nice and
      scenic? I'm in flat Texas. Please email me at inahagy@hotmail.com. Thanks.

1 Answer Feb 15, 2010 at 7:42 PM
    • Relo to Johnson City

by TNDreamer Online Now May 5, 2005 at 7:54 AM

Hi Everybody, I'm glad I found your site! I'm thinking of moving to Johnson City next month and have heard that the "tree streets" are a good place live. It's a bit overwhelming to move to a new city/state and not know anything about it. Are there any places I should avoid? I am a single mom with 2 teenagers. Will there be enough things for them to do? What do the teenagers do in Johnson City? Thanks in advance for your help!!

1 Answer May 5, 2005 at 9:51 AM