John O'Groats

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Buildings and their uses?

Applecross Sep 27, 2015 at 1:24 PM

In 1969 I spent a few weeks in a large house with 30 kids from Glasgow schools, there was a boat house close by with canoes, and we walked for days and stayed in bothys! I was 14 and all I know was it was in Applecross. Does anyone know where or what house was used for this council run outward bound course?

• rainerfrank's Profile Photo

50cc-motorbike to hire

by rainerfrank Online Now Mar 12, 2014 at 2:55 PM

Does any body know an agency or station or a private person in the area between Thurso and John 0`Groats or on the Orkneys of whom I can hire a 50cc or 80cc motorbike (scooter or dirtbike or similar)? I would like to go to Orkney Isles for some 5 days. Please answer soon as I am going at the end of april Thanks a lot for careing.
      With cordial greetings from Carinthia / Austria,

9 Answers Mar 16, 2014 at 2:14 PM
    • Detailed Street Map of John O' Groats

by AliceI Online Now Jun 1, 2004 at 3:48 PM

I am looking for a detailed street map of John O'Groats. The reason for my interest is research for a fictional piece I am writing. My main character has fled to Duncansby Head to try and get to a location out to sea off the coast. He will be staying in an Inn in John O'Groats until he figures out how he is going to get to the island location that is his ultimate destination. I am from the US and know nothing of England or Scotland outside of what I have researched on the net. Does anyone know where I can find a detailed street map of the area so that as I describe it in my story it is acurate? I thank you in advance for any assistance that you can give.

5 Answers Jun 1, 2004 at 11:18 PM