Johannesburg Travel Answers

change location

student logging near 9 studee avenue

by boneaash Online Now Feb 10, 2012 at 9:24 AM

Hi I am a student India visting jo"burg or 6 weeks . please suggest staying options near 9 sturdee avenue rosebank.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo

Re: student logging near 9 studee avenue

by CatherineReichardt Online Now Feb 10, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Hi
    There are a lot of hotels in the Rosebank area, but all pretty upmarket, I'm afraid, and you don't inidcate what your budget is. If your finances will stretch to a hotel, then the Holiday Inn ine Rosebank is probably the most affordable.
    There are also a couple of backpackers in and around nearby Jan Smuts Avenue - I have no idea what these are like, or whether they'd meet your requirements. From the website, Rosebank Lodge and Backpackers looks quite nice, and is also near: sleeping-out.co.za/member_de...
    Zoo Lodge Backpackers is a little further away, but still pretty manageable: sleeping-out.co.za/member_de...
    Failing that, you could try the accommodation section of www.gumtree.co.za and of course, ask the place you're studying at, as you're unlikely to be the first out of town student they've dealt with.
    Wherever you choose, you need to bear in mind that public transport is virtually non existent in Johannesburg, apart from the Gautrain rapid rail link (which has a station in Rosebank) and its connecting bus services. For more on this, have a look at the transportation section of my Johannesburg page.
    Hope this helps.
    Regards
    Cathy

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Johannesburg