Johannesburg Travel Answers

change location
praveenpd's Profile Photo

Johannesburg to Sun City

by praveenpd Online Now Oct 28, 2011 at 4:17 AM

Hi ,

I wish to know what are the options to get to sun city , given that I arrive at Johannesburg at night 22:00 hours on 12/Nov. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance
P

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo

Re: Johannesburg to Sun City

by CatherineReichardt Online Now Oct 28, 2011 at 6:28 AM

Hi
    No chance whatsoever of connecting to Sun City that evening, so you'll need to plan on staying in Jo'burg overnight. The road isn't safe to drive at night because of the risk of hitting animals and pedestrians in the dark, and anyway, the entrance to Sun City would be closed once you arrived.
    If you arrive at that time at night then you will also be too late for the Gautrain high speed rail service, which closes at 20:30 so you'll need to arrange a taxi transfer. It's not advisable to just pick a taxi up at the airport as often the vehicles are not roadworthy - if you need a recommendation, then drop me an e-mail and I'll pass on the contact details of a very reliable guy that we've used for business and personal transfers for several years now.
    There are a number of shuttle services to Sun City from Jo'burg. Follow www.gauteng.net for the Gauteng Tourist Agency who should be able to provide details on a range of service providers.
    Regards
    Cathy

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Johannesburg