Johannesburg Travel Answers

change location
vpas's Profile Photo

Choosing an area to stay

by vpas Online Now Feb 15, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Been trying to locate a bed and breakfast/hotel. Have shortlisted a few... but which are the best areas to stay in? We are there for just a day and night to see the city and then moving on to Kruger National Park. We are looking for accommodation for a family of four(couple and teenaged boys) in the month of May

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • vpas's Profile Photo

Re: Choosing an area to stay

by vpas Online Now Feb 15, 2013 at 9:48 PM

I am unable to send you a private message Gerald, some technical problem. In the meanwhile this is the list of places that I have shortlisted -- House on York (Kensington South) -- This is our 1st choice Hotel Mercure (Bedford view) 5th Avenue Gooseberry Guesthouse (Linden) Rabbit hole Guest house (Krugersdorp North) And yes, we are coming by the flight from Bombay. Do contact me in case you need any help down south in India. I live in a city called Hyderabad and would be glad to be of any help. Please mail me if you are able to. Many Thanks for all your help thus far, Seetha

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • vpas's Profile Photo

by vpas Online Now Feb 15, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Yes, since accommodation inside the park was not available when we checked, we are going through an agent called Siyabona Africa. They have managed to get us a self catering family room in Berg en dal inside Kruger. Trip advisor reviews are not great but these people assure me that it is clean and comfortable. I think I would go ahead with that in Kruger. We are there for 3 nights in Kruger. Wow I did not realise that Kruger is so large!!! Thank you,

• vpas's Profile Photo

by vpas Online Now Feb 16, 2013 at 8:07 AM

Just one last question regarding accommodation ... Can we book through Siyabona, are they safe? Coz if we book directly we are not getting the availability and also the cost is the same either ways.

• vpas's Profile Photo

by vpas Online Now Feb 16, 2013 at 8:27 AM

Yes have been through that site and also spoken to Berg en dal directly. Thanks nevertheless.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Johannesburg