Travel Answers
Jönköping

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Cheapest way to experience Northern Lights?

Norrbottens Län Jan 15, 2015 at 4:20 AM

Hi, I'm a student planning on visiting Sweden to see the Northern Lights on Jan 22, 2015. Does anybody have advice as to the cheapest way to plan this trip?
      Should I do an aurora photo tour from any of the companies I found online (Lappland Media, Lights over Lapland) because they seem pricey but are they worth it?
      Which hotels should I look into?
      Are there towns/ lodging where I can see the Northern Lights without having to visit Abisko Skystation?

Thanks!
      Sam

more
    • Cheshman's Profile Photo

About Lulea

Luleå Jan 18, 2015 at 5:14 AM

I would appreciate if you give me some information about the matters I should expect of moving to Lulea as a PhD student in Lulea University of Technology, from Iran. Actually I want to know more about this city.

Thanks

more
    • what area to stay in? Hotel suggestions?

Stockholm Jan 27, 2015 at 10:19 AM

We will be staying in Stockholm in May. We would have already had a day from the cruise ship when we will probably visit the ship museum, but we are extending our stay for one night on our own. I have read about the many areas in Stockholm, but am not sure what would be the most central place to stay. We would like to visit the ice bar, sit at some local restaurants, and do some casual walking around. Any suggestions for best central area, and possibly a hotel suggestion?

more
    • Cheshman's Profile Photo

About the Weather

Luleå Jan 9, 2015 at 9:01 PM

I am going to study in Lulea University of Technology. Actually I am afraid of the winters. I heard Lulea is a dead city in winters which lasts to eight months. Is that such terrifying as I imagine?

more
    • Turska's Profile Photo

Not so many tips about Jönköping?

by Turska Online Now Mar 25, 2010 at 3:03 PM

Hejsan!We were planning to book a hotel from Gränna,but seems like they are all very expensive.I noticed Jönköping having much more hotels.
      We would be arriving very late (around 21 earliest),and would like to have something to eat,and if weather is nice,then sit out at terrace for a beer or two.Is this a lively place?Or maybe Linköping or Norrköping might have hotels too?They would be maybe even better location,so we wouldn´t need drive back to Gränna,it would be after.(We are driving to Köpenhagen next day anyway).
      Oh,and it would be at 5th of June,so I don´t need tarraces at winter ;)

6 Answers Mar 27, 2010 at 3:54 AM
    • looking for apartment to shar or room for rent !!!

by pedrammirzaei Online Now May 10, 2008 at 10:10 AM

I am an international sudent who going to come to jonkoping for study and I am looking for flat to share or a room to rent for 2 semester. I am looking for inexpensive place which located near university.
      what can i do?

• Looking for a flat/studio?

by traveler265 Online Now Nov 9, 2005 at 1:41 AM

i am a exchange student looking at a semester in jonkoping, sweden.. was hoping that someone might be able to inform me on some places near the university that is relativly inexpensive. any sugestions that someone has would be greatly appreciated.

looking forward to visiting this beautiful city..

hope you are having a good time were ever it is that you might be.

1 Answer Nov 9, 2005 at 4:49 AM
    • Apartments for rent

by half_aslp Online Now Dec 6, 2004 at 10:13 AM

Hi everyone! Will be going down to Jönköping on student exchange for 6 mths in Jan 05 with 2 other friends, currently looking for accomodation cause the one that the school is providing cant place the 3 of us together in the same apartment. Any idea where i could start looking for available rental apartments? Thanks in advance!!

4 Answers Nov 5, 2006 at 5:34 AM
    • sunset_gal's Profile Photo

Apartments for rent

by sunset_gal Online Now Aug 19, 2003 at 8:50 AM

Hmm..im starting to think that im one of the very few that visits this forum :) I need to find an apartment for rent in the city for about 4 months. Preferably near the university. Does anyone have any idea where to look?

10 Answers Aug 22, 2003 at 5:56 AM
    • sunset_gal's Profile Photo

Meet up in Jönköping?

by sunset_gal Online Now Aug 12, 2003 at 7:40 AM

Hej hej! Are there any Vt members who are going to Jönköping for a holiday or who live there and want to meet up? Hmm just a thought :) Any areas around Jönköping will be great too!

4 Answers Aug 13, 2003 at 12:32 AM