Jodhpur

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• How safe is it in Jodhpur

by nicolafail Online Now Feb 11, 2014 at 7:15 AM

A friend and I, both female, are looking at volunteering in Jodhpur for 2 months in the summer. We were wondering how safe it was for the two of us to be out there? any help would be much appreciated

8 Answers Apr 5, 2014 at 3:59 AM
    • nihaoma_99's Profile Photo

Nag Panchami in Jodhpur or Jaipur

by nihaoma_99 Online Now Jan 18, 2014 at 10:07 AM

Is Nag Panchami an important festival in Jodhpur? I will be on 30-31 July in Jaipur for the Teej festival. I wonder if it is worth going quickly to Jodhpur the next day because of Nag Panchami or better just take another day in Jaipur, where they say is some Nag Panchami celebration near the Hardevja Temple.

What should I do hurry to Jodhpur because it is worth to see Nag Panchamithere. Or relax in Jaipur if the is some interesting Nag Panchami there ??? Please advice.; thanks

2 Answers Feb 4, 2014 at 8:50 AM
    • NorainS's Profile Photo

jodhpur 2 days??

by NorainS Online Now Nov 26, 2013 at 7:39 AM

I will reach jodhpur at around 1500 hours. Staying near by Clock Tower. Planning to stay only for two nights and want to see Umaid bhawan palace, Meherangardh Fort, Jaswant Thanda and Mandore gardens. Is all that places worth to visit , any other recommendation in Jodhpur?? Any local market where you can see peoples activities ? Pls advise what else i can do in Jodhpur in 2 days.

12 Answers Dec 4, 2013 at 2:13 AM
    • Advice for cloths needed for Rajasthan trip

by praneshnegi Online Now Oct 11, 2013 at 8:19 AM

my son aged 14 years visiting Jodhpur-Jaisalmer-pokharan on school educational trip from 15th October to 20th October. Pls adivices for cloths he should carry?

2 Answers Oct 11, 2013 at 3:38 PM
    • soundchaseruk's Profile Photo

single traveller to Jodhpur May 2014

by soundchaseruk Online Now Oct 6, 2013 at 8:23 AM

I have never travelled to india and want to come in May next year. I will be alone flying i guess to Delhi then onto Jodhpur. What problems am i likely to encounter with regarding to beggers and thieves. Is it a problem '? I have twice been to China alone with no problems but for some reason i feel there more dangers in India.

I would only be there for two weeks. I would prefer to stay in hostels but think being in a clean hotel which is inexpensive would also be good. I just want a comfortable sleep, good clean room and safe food.

Any suggestions would be really helpful

Thanks

16 Answers Oct 10, 2013 at 8:35 AM
    • kevinborg's Profile Photo

Holi Festival 2013 in Jodhpur

by kevinborg Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 6:19 AM

Hey guys,

I will be in India next week and I plan to be in Jodhpur to spend the Holi Festival there. Someone told me that Jodhpur's Holi Festival celebrations are really great and authentic! But I'd like to hear some recommendations from locals and also travellers who had the opportunity to spend the Holi Festival in Jodhpur in the past.

So, can someone please tell me where is the best place to go to in Jodhpur on the day of the Holi? Are there any organised events on the day? And considering we are non-Indians do you think safety is an issue? Finally, is Holi in Jodhpur celebrated only on the 27th March? or else there'll be celebrations also on the 26thMarch and maybe the day after, like it's done in Jaipur?

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Kev
      Malta
      Europe

4 Answers Mar 11, 2013 at 9:23 AM
    • kevinborg's Profile Photo

Jodhpur to Jaisalmer - An Alternative to Train Transport

by kevinborg Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 5:00 AM

Hi all !

I need to travel between Jodhpur to Jaisalmer next month (on a Friday) but I want an alternative means of transport to trains. The reason being, basically, that we will arrive in Jodhpur Airport at 2 pm in the afternoon and the next available train from Jodhpur to Jaisalmer is only at 11.45pm, which is almost 10 hours later!!! And thus, it means that with train transport we only arrive in Jaisalmer the following day at around 6am!! So we would like to know of an alternative means of transport so that we travel to and actually arrive in Jaisalmer much earlier than the train option.

So can somebody please tell me, what are the best options that I have? Are there any good bus/coach or taxi services which frequently travel from Jodhpur to Jaiselmar? If yes I appreciate, if you can indicate the travel times (maybe you can provide a link) the duration of travel needed between these two cities, the price for this trip and from which area in Jodhpur we must go to, to take this means of transport? And finally, is there a possibility to take any of these services, from Jodhpur airport straight to Jaiselmar City?

Thanks a lot and I look forward for your replies, and looking also forward for my first time experience to visit incredible India!

Regards, Kevin Malta, Europe

7 Answers Mar 12, 2013 at 5:50 AM
    • dainoo's Profile Photo

jodhpur/Jaisalmer December 2011(Road travel/Train)

by dainoo Online Now Oct 22, 2011 at 4:23 AM

Hi
      We will be travelling by road from Jodhpur(2 nights) to Jaisalmer in December.
      Has anyone travelled this way??

2 nights(Jaisalmer) and we take a train to Delhi?Please advise.

10 Answers Nov 26, 2011 at 1:01 PM
    • dainoo's Profile Photo

Visiting Jodhpur/Jaisalmer 2/3 days in december 2011

by dainoo Online Now Oct 19, 2011 at 4:02 AM

Hi
      Family of 4 including 8 year old daughter will be visitng Jodhphur and Jaisalmer - December 2011. Limited stay but hope to see and enjoy as much as possible. suggestions and ideas for the above will be appreciated.
      thanks

9 Answers Nov 10, 2011 at 2:27 AM
    • train travel

by rhetta Online Now May 29, 2010 at 5:09 AM

What are overnight train acommondations like on 2nd class ac. We two females are in our 60s and traveling with a small tour.

7 Answers Sep 12, 2010 at 4:59 PM
    • suziezed's Profile Photo

Anyone interested in going to Nagaur

by suziezed Online Now Nov 21, 2006 at 12:17 AM

I'd like to go to Nagaur but am somewhat daunted by Lonely Planet's indication of 3 hours (each way) on the local bus. I did this from Udaipur to Ranakpur and it was okay but it really would be preferable to do it in a car and not always be worrying about getting back etc. The problem is that as I am by myself this is bound to be expensive so I am wondering if anyone (or up to 3 or 4 people) would like to join me. I am in Jodhpur until Sunday morning (Nov. 26th) so either email or stop by the Haveli Guest House (near the step well) - room 5.

Susan Z. Martin

• Accomodation in Jodhpur

by decadent00 Online Now Nov 19, 2006 at 5:57 AM

Where to stay?

9 Answers Jan 24, 2012 at 3:49 AM
    • not sure to go to Jodhpur?

by TGU-ORD Online Now Feb 13, 2006 at 5:35 PM

I am planning a very short visit to rajasthan, traveling from judaipur to udaipur. First time in India, going for 10 days. I paln to end my stay in udaipur. I am traveling from Pushkar to Udaipur.

My dillema is, Will it be worth it to go out of my way and stay a night at jodhpur, and then just stay a night in udaipur, or should I just skip jodhpur and spend 2 nights in udaipur.

How difficult is it to travel between each city. I am interested in visitng jodhpur, but I am concerned that I will miss out one of my 10 days spending 6 hours on the road.

3 Answers Feb 15, 2006 at 10:20 AM