Travel Answers
Jodhpur

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Varkala and rain in October. Or should I choose somewhere else??????

India Jul 1, 2015 at 12:07 PM

I am going on a business trip to Bangalore October 10th till October 15th. My plan is to top the trip with four days on the beach. I was in Varkala 12 years ago and would like to go back there, but I notice the monsoon season is still going on in October and it usually rains 17 days during the month. Of course I do not want to experience bad weather during my four days.

Shall I dare to book Varkala, or should I opt for somewhere else? Northern Kerala or southern Goa?

The flight from Bangalore should not be more than an hour, and the beach should not be more than one hour’s drive from the airport. After last year’s trip to Bangalore I went to Goa but this year I would like to try a different part of the country. In Goa I stayed in Calangute, which I found a bit crowded for my taste, but I really enjoyed the beaches of Sinquerim and Aswem nearby. The place I stay in should not be totally isolated as I travel alone, a couple of restaurants and bars to choose from is a must. I am also more into white sand than golden sand.

Or should I consider the Lakadives???? It looks beautiful there and I loved being in the Seychelles a coulpe of years ago!

BR Lena

more
    • mostaque's Profile Photo

Basic Tourist Place

South Andaman Jun 7, 2015 at 11:12 PM

I will like to find a basic non ac or ac shared bath is ok type of place , most popular for backpackers type of place - thanks

coming in tomorrow , June 9 2015

more
    • monsoon darjeeling 2 days trip

Darjeeling Jun 26, 2015 at 9:35 PM

my husband and i will be heading towards darjeeling after 2 days. we have planned a small 2 nights stay till we return to siliguri for work. considering the weather what should be our itinery? do we need to book for toy train in advance in the offseason as well? is the weather pleasant or too irritating right now?

more
    • mahak.hira03's Profile Photo

Houseboat stay

Kochi Jun 16, 2015 at 12:44 AM

which route is best for houseboat journey

more
    • beckyoctober's Profile Photo

Off the Beaten Track

Srinagar Jun 15, 2015 at 7:58 AM

Hello everyone!

Can anyone reccommend some surprising, unique things to see, do or people to meet in Srinagar?

I'm really interested in the history, real lives of people here and would especially like to hear ideas from people who have traveled there recently.

Thank you in advance everyone,

Becky smiley

more

trip for 4 days

Kochi Jun 5, 2015 at 10:33 PM

I was planning that I will reach kochi at 8 pm so I leave for munnar in night only then i roam munnar one day, stay there at night then next day( 2nd day) I leave for thekkady and they stay there for whole day and night and thn agiain next day (3rd day) leave for allepey, stay in house boat (12 noon to 9 am) and after this leave for verkala.enjoy in beach for whole evening and night and again leave for kochi airport late night or early morning for flight at 6 am.Is this feasible???

more

plan a trip for 4 days

Kochi Jun 5, 2015 at 9:46 PM

I want to visit Kerala for 4 days and I want to see allepey, munnar, thekkady and verkala beach. please help me out in planning my trip

more
    • amitdey's Profile Photo

andaman tour initiary

Union Territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands Jun 16, 2015 at 8:35 AM

we 4 adult planning to go to andaman this december 1st week...planning to stay 9 days....want a good initiary from expert members...want to do snorkelling and scuba diving..is it necessary to book hotels before going there?....what places should we visit...please help us....thanks to all.

more
    • Traveling to goa by 12th june

Goa Jun 11, 2015 at 11:50 PM

going to goa on 12th june.

does any one want to join?

more
    • Overland to Burma

India Jun 11, 2015 at 3:12 AM

I am looking at the logistics of travelling to Burma overland from India through Nepal, Tibet etc.
      I will be flying to India from Sri Lanka (not sure where yet) then travelling India before heading overland to Burma. Then onto Thailand to fly from Bangkok for the next leg of my journey. Any suggestions much appreciated regarding logistics of border crossings, literature, places to see!

more
    • abhinavhere's Profile Photo

Delhi-Ladakh(India) on Motorbike 27th June-14th July 2015 join as Rider or come as Pillion.

Delhi Jun 10, 2015 at 12:57 PM

I am planning a motorbike trip from Delhi to leh/ladakh from 27th June-14th July 2015.If anyone is interested to come with me as rider or sit as pillion(back Seat)is most welcome. It will be a 17Day trip wherein will explore the lakes, High mountain passes, Rivers, Temple,Monasteries and the beautiful landscape around the border areas in the ladakh region of North India. Will be pitching tents in isolation close to mother nature, stay with local family's etc. I have been to the ladakh before and know the terrain well. I Am completely sound with all safety measures to be taken into consideration during the ride to high altitude as I travel raw. Anyone who wants to explore the nomadic land in an adventurous manner can join on the fix dates.

Cheese
      India is beautiful
      Keep Exploring and stay blessed

more

trip for 4 days

Kochi Jun 5, 2015 at 11:37 PM

i am visiting there in november

more
    • Planning to Leh, India

Leh Jun 5, 2015 at 2:32 AM

I am planning to Leh with my friends and cousins in August 3rd week (15th to 22nd). is it fine to go in August?
      also my one of cousins is sensitive to weather like sometimes when there is a sudden change in the weather she will get fever and she has hyperthyroidism. is it fine for her to visit Leh??? please advise as I am very mush confused.

more
    • Reeesham's Profile Photo

Hyderabad in july

Hyderabad Jun 5, 2015 at 2:28 AM

how is it to travel hyderabad in july? how is the weather then?

more
    • riding to manali

Ladakh Range Jun 25, 2015 at 9:32 AM

its been a  year and a half post angioplasty for me.i am 55 yrs old and want to ride to a motorcycle to manali, shimla and dharmashala.iam in good health and the angioplasty was successful.i live in Bangalore and have been to shimla soon after my angioplasty .

more
    • AllieK's Profile Photo

Animal Shelters in Delhi

Delhi Jun 23, 2015 at 4:51 AM

Hello all

I will be traveling to India in October and would like to spend 1-2 volunteering at animal shelters in Delhi (walking animals, cleaning, feeding, giving love etc)
      Does anyone have any ideas of places that will welcome foreigners to help out? Or just any shelters you have heard about in general?

I'm in the beginning stages of planning so out for all the advice I can get.

Thank you!

more
    • What is the meaning of Rishikesh ?

Rishikesh Jun 22, 2015 at 11:09 AM

Hi,

I m from Slovenia visiting India for 2 months.

Currently covering south india.
      Visited Varadarajan and Kamashi temple in Kanchipuram.

Want to start my north indian trip from next month.
      Will make Rishikesh as my base

more
    • One Baggage drop at transit location

New Delhi Jun 16, 2015 at 12:22 PM

Hi,
      I am traveling from Germany to Calcutta via New Delhi.
      Layover is just 90 minutes. I have 2 check in baggage. During layover I want to check out one baggage and give it to my relative and then will take the next domestic flight.

- Now when I start from Germany, can airline keep different destination for these baggages?
      - Within 90 minutes, is it possible to get the baggage and provide it to my relative and then to the domestic flight check in in 90 minutes? International to domestic gate...

Let me know if am not clear. Please help.

more
    • Boys trip Goa in Sept

Goa Jun 14, 2015 at 7:02 AM

Hey People! Its a boys trip (around 6-9), for 3 nights from 24th -27th sept, 2015. Which is the beach we should make our home? we are planning to eat, drink, party and do some more of it...and in between meet people, or stray on the beach... its unplanned, but its about having fun.. tnx for your responses...

more
    • Any travelling from Chennai to Frankfurt or Chennai to Helsinki on 23rd June 2015 by Lufthansa

Chennai (Madras) Jun 8, 2015 at 10:50 PM

HI,

Any travelling from Chennai to Frankfurt or Chennai to Helsinki on 23rd June 2015 by Lufthansa, my mother will be traveling alone and she would some travel assistance during her travel. If you know any please contact me on bommureddy1983@gmail.com. Your heap is greatly appreciated..

Regards,
      Reddy

more
    • Mahabali to Pondicherry bus

Mamallapuram Jun 8, 2015 at 11:17 AM

Can I get bus starting from Mahabalipuram and going to pondicherry?

more
    • Goa : July 20-25

Goa Jul 1, 2015 at 4:55 PM

Suggestions, places to visit, party, girls

more
    • MasayuAbdullah's Profile Photo

Taxi fare at Leh India

Leh Jun 21, 2015 at 7:23 PM

Hi, I plan traveling to Leh 11-17Sept 2015, and will travel alone. I will fly Delhi to Leh. I only book hotel via online and plan to arrange the tours only when i arrive Leh. Will it convenient to arrange the tours there like taxi / private jeep to Khardungla Top, Panggong & Nubra Valley. How much a full day car usage estimated cost. Thank you for your assistancesmiley

Regards, Masayu

more
    • Layover and accommodation

Delhi Jun 29, 2015 at 6:40 PM

I am planning to travel on 21st July with my family from Bahrain to Mangalore via Delhi. we will reach 21nd morning 10:10 AM and our flight to Mangalore will be at 8:00AM on 22nd (22 hours layouver) Flight is Airindia and i am Indian. How i will manage the overnight stay? is airindia will provide or i have to mange my own.

more
    • risk for post angioplasty patients to ride to leh

Ladakh Range Jun 24, 2015 at 4:07 AM

My husband is 55 yrs andhas double angioplasty done a year ago. He's an avid motorcycle rider and wants to ride from Manali to Ladakh. How safe is it with a group and taking all precautions like oxygen cylinder , medicines etc.

more
    • How safe is it in Jodhpur

by nicolafail Online Now Feb 11, 2014 at 7:15 AM

A friend and I, both female, are looking at volunteering in Jodhpur for 2 months in the summer. We were wondering how safe it was for the two of us to be out there? any help would be much appreciated

9 Answers Jul 16, 2014 at 10:46 PM
    • nihaoma_99's Profile Photo

Nag Panchami in Jodhpur or Jaipur

by nihaoma_99 Online Now Jan 18, 2014 at 10:07 AM

Is Nag Panchami an important festival in Jodhpur? I will be on 30-31 July in Jaipur for the Teej festival. I wonder if it is worth going quickly to Jodhpur the next day because of Nag Panchami or better just take another day in Jaipur, where they say is some Nag Panchami celebration near the Hardevja Temple.

What should I do hurry to Jodhpur because it is worth to see Nag Panchamithere. Or relax in Jaipur if the is some interesting Nag Panchami there ??? Please advice.; thanks

3 Answers Jul 16, 2014 at 10:50 PM
    • NorainS's Profile Photo

jodhpur 2 days??

by NorainS Online Now Nov 26, 2013 at 7:39 AM

I will reach jodhpur at around 1500 hours. Staying near by Clock Tower. Planning to stay only for two nights and want to see Umaid bhawan palace, Meherangardh Fort, Jaswant Thanda and Mandore gardens. Is all that places worth to visit , any other recommendation in Jodhpur?? Any local market where you can see peoples activities ? Pls advise what else i can do in Jodhpur in 2 days.

13 Answers Jul 16, 2014 at 10:55 PM
    • Advice for cloths needed for Rajasthan trip

by praneshnegi Online Now Oct 11, 2013 at 8:19 AM

my son aged 14 years visiting Jodhpur-Jaisalmer-pokharan on school educational trip from 15th October to 20th October. Pls adivices for cloths he should carry?

3 Answers Jul 16, 2014 at 10:57 PM
    • soundchaseruk's Profile Photo

single traveller to Jodhpur May 2014

by soundchaseruk Online Now Oct 6, 2013 at 8:23 AM

I have never travelled to india and want to come in May next year. I will be alone flying i guess to Delhi then onto Jodhpur. What problems am i likely to encounter with regarding to beggers and thieves. Is it a problem '? I have twice been to China alone with no problems but for some reason i feel there more dangers in India.

I would only be there for two weeks. I would prefer to stay in hostels but think being in a clean hotel which is inexpensive would also be good. I just want a comfortable sleep, good clean room and safe food.

Any suggestions would be really helpful

Thanks

19 Answers Oct 8, 2014 at 4:46 AM
    • kevinborg's Profile Photo

Holi Festival 2013 in Jodhpur

by kevinborg Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 6:19 AM

Hey guys,

I will be in India next week and I plan to be in Jodhpur to spend the Holi Festival there. Someone told me that Jodhpur's Holi Festival celebrations are really great and authentic! But I'd like to hear some recommendations from locals and also travellers who had the opportunity to spend the Holi Festival in Jodhpur in the past.

So, can someone please tell me where is the best place to go to in Jodhpur on the day of the Holi? Are there any organised events on the day? And considering we are non-Indians do you think safety is an issue? Finally, is Holi in Jodhpur celebrated only on the 27th March? or else there'll be celebrations also on the 26thMarch and maybe the day after, like it's done in Jaipur?

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Kev
      Malta
      Europe

4 Answers Mar 11, 2013 at 9:23 AM
    • kevinborg's Profile Photo

Jodhpur to Jaisalmer - An Alternative to Train Transport

by kevinborg Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 5:00 AM

Hi all !

I need to travel between Jodhpur to Jaisalmer next month (on a Friday) but I want an alternative means of transport to trains. The reason being, basically, that we will arrive in Jodhpur Airport at 2 pm in the afternoon and the next available train from Jodhpur to Jaisalmer is only at 11.45pm, which is almost 10 hours later!!! And thus, it means that with train transport we only arrive in Jaisalmer the following day at around 6am!! So we would like to know of an alternative means of transport so that we travel to and actually arrive in Jaisalmer much earlier than the train option.

So can somebody please tell me, what are the best options that I have? Are there any good bus/coach or taxi services which frequently travel from Jodhpur to Jaiselmar? If yes I appreciate, if you can indicate the travel times (maybe you can provide a link) the duration of travel needed between these two cities, the price for this trip and from which area in Jodhpur we must go to, to take this means of transport? And finally, is there a possibility to take any of these services, from Jodhpur airport straight to Jaiselmar City?

Thanks a lot and I look forward for your replies, and looking also forward for my first time experience to visit incredible India!

Regards, Kevin Malta, Europe

7 Answers Mar 12, 2013 at 5:50 AM
    • dainoo's Profile Photo

jodhpur/Jaisalmer December 2011(Road travel/Train)

by dainoo Online Now Oct 22, 2011 at 4:23 AM

Hi
      We will be travelling by road from Jodhpur(2 nights) to Jaisalmer in December.
      Has anyone travelled this way??

2 nights(Jaisalmer) and we take a train to Delhi?Please advise.

10 Answers Nov 26, 2011 at 1:01 PM
    • dainoo's Profile Photo

Visiting Jodhpur/Jaisalmer 2/3 days in december 2011

by dainoo Online Now Oct 19, 2011 at 4:02 AM

Hi
      Family of 4 including 8 year old daughter will be visitng Jodhphur and Jaisalmer - December 2011. Limited stay but hope to see and enjoy as much as possible. suggestions and ideas for the above will be appreciated.
      thanks

9 Answers Nov 10, 2011 at 2:27 AM
    • train travel

by rhetta Online Now May 29, 2010 at 5:09 AM

What are overnight train acommondations like on 2nd class ac. We two females are in our 60s and traveling with a small tour.

7 Answers Sep 12, 2010 at 4:59 PM
    • suziezed's Profile Photo

Anyone interested in going to Nagaur

by suziezed Online Now Nov 21, 2006 at 12:17 AM

I'd like to go to Nagaur but am somewhat daunted by Lonely Planet's indication of 3 hours (each way) on the local bus. I did this from Udaipur to Ranakpur and it was okay but it really would be preferable to do it in a car and not always be worrying about getting back etc. The problem is that as I am by myself this is bound to be expensive so I am wondering if anyone (or up to 3 or 4 people) would like to join me. I am in Jodhpur until Sunday morning (Nov. 26th) so either email or stop by the Haveli Guest House (near the step well) - room 5.

Susan Z. Martin

• Accomodation in Jodhpur

by decadent00 Online Now Nov 19, 2006 at 5:57 AM

Where to stay?

9 Answers Jan 24, 2012 at 3:49 AM
    • not sure to go to Jodhpur?

by TGU-ORD Online Now Feb 13, 2006 at 5:35 PM

I am planning a very short visit to rajasthan, traveling from judaipur to udaipur. First time in India, going for 10 days. I paln to end my stay in udaipur. I am traveling from Pushkar to Udaipur.

My dillema is, Will it be worth it to go out of my way and stay a night at jodhpur, and then just stay a night in udaipur, or should I just skip jodhpur and spend 2 nights in udaipur.

How difficult is it to travel between each city. I am interested in visitng jodhpur, but I am concerned that I will miss out one of my 10 days spending 6 hours on the road.

3 Answers Feb 15, 2006 at 10:20 AM