change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Portuguese language school in Fortaleza

Fortaleza Jul 25, 2015 at 8:13 AM

Hi Friends,

does anybody know of a portuguese language school in Fortaleza?

If anybody has contacts, web site,telefone, email etc... I would be gratefull!!
      Oleg olev@seznam.cz

more
    • Tickets at Maracana

Rio de Janeiro Jul 18, 2015 at 9:38 PM

Maybe this is a little specific; but does anyone kmow how to get tickets for the match between Fluminense and Vasco at the Maracana tomorrow?

Is it better to take a guided tour, any cheap and good? Going with children so want to be safe

more
    • Where to go from Icaoraci

Belém Jul 17, 2015 at 2:55 AM

We arrive via ship to Icaoraci. I'm interested in going to either Mangal das Gracas or Museo Emilio Goeldi. Which would be closest to the ship?

more
    • Radiation nowadays

Goiânia Jul 11, 2015 at 3:02 AM

How safe is it to stay in Goiania because of the incident from 1987?
      How much radiation is left nowadays?

Thanks for the help!

more
    • robertbed's Profile Photo

We want to go to Maragogi in November.

Maragogi Jul 10, 2015 at 2:50 AM

Hi Guys!
      We are two couples who want to visit Maragogi in November.
      We would like to stay in Pousada Sol e Mar for like 10 days.
      How safe area is?
      Is there enough restaurants around?
      thanks for any help ;)

more
    • Cell Phones in Brazil

Brazil Jul 3, 2015 at 8:02 AM

Hi There! I will be travelling to Brazil for 5 weeks at the end of July and need some information on how to get my cell phone working there. I know I'll have to purchase a SIM card once I land, but I'm looking for recommendations on which carriers and plans would be best.

I will mostly need to call/text from Brazil to Canada, some local calls/texts, and a high data capacity (a bare minimum of 2 GB). I will be moving around Brazil with stops in Sao Paulo, Rio de Janiero, Salvador and the state of Maranhão. If anyone can help me out with some advice and recommendations, I would be very grateful!

more
    • Question title

São Paulo 29 minutes ago

What is the cheapest means of transportation to a beach near Sao Paulo?

more
    • Quiet place near Rio

Rio de Janeiro Jul 19, 2015 at 2:43 AM

I am looking for a place to stay not to far from Rio. It should be tranquil and relaxing. Would like to lay in a hammock and look at the monkeys... Does anyone know a place like this? Can be a nice pousada in a big garden too.
      Have been to Ihla grande so thats out of the question.

more
    • advice on traveling plans needed (4 weeks)

Brazil Jul 12, 2015 at 3:21 PM

Hi everyone,
      I will be traveling Brazil in September with three friends managing distances by plane, boat and busses.
      We set up a route but are not quite sure if it is "bulletproof" yet.
      I'm looking for some feedback and advice :)

Travel itinerary:
      day 1: Rio
      day 2-5: Santarém + Alter do Chao + Amazonas
      day 5-7: boat to Belém
      day 7-10: Belém
      day 10-11: Sao Luis
      day 11-16: Lencois Maranhenses, Parnaiba, Jeri
      day 16-17: Fortaleza
      day 18-24: Salvador + Lencois/Chapada Diamantina
      day 25-30: Rio (Ilha Grande, ...)

What do you think?
      Thank you so much!

more
    • Mikebb's Profile Photo

Best Months for Travel In South America re Weather

Rio de Janeiro Jul 15, 2015 at 3:24 AM

Hi

I put this question on the south America Forum but received no answers. Hopefully greater response via this forum.

Looking at taking a 18 day South America tour during 2016. Destinations included:

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 5 or 6 nights ( includes 2 days pre tour)
      Iguazu Falls, Argentina 2 nights (arrive by air)
      Buenos Aires 3 nights (arrive by air)
      Lima, Peru 3 nights (arrive by air)
      Cuzco 3 nights (arrive by air)
      Puno 2 nights

June or July or early August would suit us best, however we can travel any month either side. Will have a round the world ticket (from Perth Australia) and intend to also visit Europe & UK which we have visited many times. The important thing is to visit South America during the better weather.

Appreciate all answers.
      Mike

more

Near João Pessoa

• Does Mapple Bear International school in Joao Pessoa have a 7-12th grade program?

by Travelin_w_teens Online Now Apr 19, 2013 at 6:30 PM

We are considering moving to Joao Pessoa for a few years with our 13 and 15 year old kids. We have heard there is a new international school in JP but I can't find out which grades it has, obviously we would be looking for a secondary level international school. Thanks so much - T.J. & David

2 Answers Oct 16, 2014 at 7:36 AM
    • Flights From UK & Internal Flights between JP & Rio Visit Advice

by puthsardarade Online Now Feb 15, 2011 at 7:16 AM

Hi,

I am looking to visit Joao Pessoa first and then travel down to Rio and fly back from Rio to the UK and I am hoping someone can advise on the below:

1) Websites that I should be looking at when booking flights / Advice on flights from UK and onwards to Rio?
      2) Suggestions on how many days I should spend in JP and Rio?

I am completing on a property which I am purchasing in JP so I was intending to fly out around 15th March and then perhaps stay a few days and travel on to Rio.

Flights appear to be around £727 with TAM flying from London to Recife return and £634 from Manchester to Rio return.

Manchester is closer to where I live however I would need to book internal flights either Recife and Rio or JP and Rio, so any advice on the above would be appericated?

Thanks

5 Answers Feb 22, 2011 at 3:29 AM
    • Rainy Season in Joao Pessoa

by lorizinha Online Now Feb 8, 2010 at 1:09 PM

I'm considering bringing my family of four (including two small children) to Joao Pessoa for the month of May and the first part of June. I’ve learned, however, that this is right during the rainy season. Can someone explain the rainy season during this time? Does it consist of long, rainy days, or are there still lots of sunny, but humid days with quick and heavy downpours that occur usually during a particular part of the day or evening?

Muito obrigada!

Lorizinha

2 Answers Feb 8, 2010 at 2:26 PM
    • internet service

by usanbrasil Online Now Oct 9, 2009 at 3:57 PM

I am trying to find out who the dsl or cable internet providers are in the area, any help ? we are thinking of moving to the area but dsl or cable internet is a must for work purposes

1 Answer Oct 10, 2009 at 1:55 AM
    • moving to joao pessoa

by digitalninja Online Now May 31, 2008 at 11:32 AM

I am looking to possibly move to Joao Pessoa for 6-12 months. I would be interested in renting a 1bdr apartment in a safe area. I want a place that is within a few miles from the beach (biking distance).
      As I work online, high speed internet is a necessity (cable/dsl). I will repeat that as to stress the importance of it, as I work online, high speed internet is a necessity (cable/dsl).

1. How much would I expect to pay monthly for a place like this? (Ideally I would only like to spend200-$300 USD monthly) Are there places available that suite my needs? If so, where can I find them at or who can I call?

2. I dont plan on owning a vehicle of any sort, just a bicycle. Are taxi's inexpensive?

3. Living in Joao Pessoa, what would I expect to pay per month for each the following:
      Rent -
      Electricity -
      Internet -
      Cell Phone -
      Food -
      Gym Membership -

I appreciate any feedback you can provide me with.
      Thanks,
      -Gabe

3 Answers Oct 16, 2014 at 7:27 AM
    • lfa11's Profile Photo

Traveling to Joao Pessoa in mid June

by lfa11 Online Now May 20, 2008 at 7:24 AM

Hi there!
      I'm going to JP around the 19th of June, and I'm wondering how much rain I should expect at that time of the year (I'll be there for a week). How far is JP from "Praia da Pipa"? Is it doable as a day trip? Thanks
      Luiz

8 Answers Feb 8, 2010 at 6:23 PM
    • schools, suburbs

by itrob Online Now Oct 27, 2006 at 10:07 PM

Hi, We are considering moving to Joao Pessoa and would like to know if there are any english or bilingual primary schools around? Can anyone recommend some safe suburbs to live in?

thanks for your help

4 Answers Mar 21, 2012 at 6:14 AM
    • travelling in June

by verrowe Online Now Apr 14, 2006 at 8:22 AM

My husband and I are travelling to Recife on 1st June. We intend to spend about a week in recife before moving on to Joao Pessoa for a few days and then Natal for a few more days before returning to Recife on the 20th to fly home. We are considering buying a property in one of these areas or possibly in a village or town nearby. We would like to know which areas to avoid, which are good areas and can anyone recommend a good agent.
      We hope to hire a car. we are English but have lived in Spain for three years where the standard of driving is attrocious so are used to unpredictable driving. Is Brazilian driving worse? Can anyone recommend a cheap hotel in any of these towns or areas. Also some advice on what to do in these areas while we are there would be appreciated.

1 Answer Apr 21, 2006 at 12:16 PM
    • BillBrown2010's Profile Photo

Seeking Online João Pessoa Street Map

by BillBrown2010 Online Now Nov 13, 2005 at 4:45 PM

If you know of a site with a João Pessoa street map, please post the link. TIA.

1 Answer Nov 13, 2005 at 5:20 PM