João Pessoa Travel Answers

change location

Flights From UK & Internal Flights between JP & Rio Visit Advice

by puthsardarade Online Now Feb 15, 2011 at 7:16 AM

Hi,

I am looking to visit Joao Pessoa first and then travel down to Rio and fly back from Rio to the UK and I am hoping someone can advise on the below:

1) Websites that I should be looking at when booking flights / Advice on flights from UK and onwards to Rio?
2) Suggestions on how many days I should spend in JP and Rio?

I am completing on a property which I am purchasing in JP so I was intending to fly out around 15th March and then perhaps stay a few days and travel on to Rio.

Flights appear to be around £727 with TAM flying from London to Recife return and £634 from Manchester to Rio return.

Manchester is closer to where I live however I would need to book internal flights either Recife and Rio or JP and Rio, so any advice on the above would be appericated?

Thanks

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • bahiana77's Profile Photo

Re: Flights From UK & Internal Flights between JP & Rio Visit Advice

by bahiana77 Online Now Feb 15, 2011 at 7:51 AM

OMG! Sounds like you're buying a property in Brazil blind, never having been to J.P.? Or in the country? ("Suggestions on how many days I should spend in JP and Rio?...I am completing on a property which I am purchasing in JP") Very brave, IMO.
    Check GOL and Azul for domestic flights.
    Rio for a first visit could take about 4-6 days.
    Not much to do in J.P. except for the beach and local town activities. And there's the sax player onthe river at sunset.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Flights From UK & Internal Flights between JP & Rio Visit Advice

by cassiovieggore Online Now Feb 15, 2011 at 11:31 AM

The best brazilian airflights from UK to Brazil are TAM and Gol:

voegol.com.br/Destinos/Pagin...

Gol use to be cheaper than TAM.
    Recently another regional air company appeared: Azul Linhas Aereas

voeazul.com.br/aspx/faleCono...

I suggest you chat on line with clerks (use upper Home-Page) in order to search for a air flight project or plan good enough to you. Actually Azul Linhas Aereas is cheaper than Gol in Brazil and its airplanes are really good. People from Azul is laboring for new clients and winning means sometimes to be gaming for anything.
    Cassiovieggore

• hmoitta's Profile Photo

Re: Flights From UK & Internal Flights between JP & Rio Visit Advice

by hmoitta Online Now Feb 15, 2011 at 12:20 PM

TAM only fly directly from London to Guarulhos(São Paulo international airport ) or Rio de Janeiro, so to go first to Joao Pessoa you'll have to fly from London to Rio or São Paulo and make a connection to Joao Pessoa. To see the best connections and prices try the TAM website, you'll book everything from Manchester to Joao Pessoa and back to Manchester, making a stop over in Rio;

by napraia Online Now Feb 15, 2011 at 4:27 PM

I envy you possibly owning property in JP. I have been there and would love to return if only the real would lose a little bit of value against the dollar. You may want to check out http://paraibaparadise.com/

I'm not sure how up to date it is but you may get some ex pat connections at the site. The beach may be the big attraction there but it was perfect for me.

by nadia.rama Online Now Feb 18, 2011 at 9:58 AM

Hey lucky you Joao Pessoa is an very nice city, quite safe and quite with gorgeous beaches. From Rio I recommend you Gol ou Tam airlines, both have direct flights and best rates.

I'm not sure if you're looking to stay for a long time there, but for a place to stay in Joao Pessoa visit http://www.TetoJoaoPessoa.com they have a lot of offers in the city for rental even property on sale.
    Any way let me know if you need more info, I'm from Canada and I have living in Joao Pessoa fo 5 years and got married here and I love it!

by puthsardarade Online Now Feb 22, 2011 at 3:29 AM

Hi,

Thanks for all your tips and advice.
    I am going to delay my visit until possibly April as I'm not convinced that the property will be fully complete in mid March.

Once I have confirmation I will be looking back at the above posting and viewing the various links and checking for flights etc.

Thanks

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near João Pessoa