João Pessoa Travel Answers

change location

Rainy Season in Joao Pessoa

by lorizinha Online Now Feb 8, 2010 at 1:09 PM

I'm considering bringing my family of four (including two small children) to Joao Pessoa for the month of May and the first part of June. I’ve learned, however, that this is right during the rainy season. Can someone explain the rainy season during this time? Does it consist of long, rainy days, or are there still lots of sunny, but humid days with quick and heavy downpours that occur usually during a particular part of the day or evening?

Muito obrigada!

Lorizinha

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: Rainy Season in Joao Pessoa

by lorizinha Online Now Feb 8, 2010 at 1:13 PM

P.S. We are going to rent a house on the beach. We just want to make sure that we will still be able to enjoy the beach with our kids, rather than being stuck inside many days due to rainy weather. Also, can anyone comment on whether this is a safe area to stay with young children? If we do not have a car, is it easy to get transportation from the beaches just south of Joao Pessoa into the city? Curious to know if we would need to bring things like car seats for our 2 and 4 year old, and whether we would have quick access to doctors in case of an emergency with our kids. Any helpful comments would be appreciated! Thanks so much!!!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • bahiana77's Profile Photo

Re: Rainy Season in Joao Pessoa

by bahiana77 Online Now Feb 8, 2010 at 2:15 PM

These folks, an J.P. enthusiast spinoff of the expat site Gringoes.com, should be able to tell you eveything you ever wanted to know, and more, about J.P.
    http://paraibaparadise.com/

• Re: Rainy Season in Joao Pessoa

by lorizinha Online Now Feb 8, 2010 at 2:26 PM

Wrote to them as well. Thanks!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near João Pessoa