João Pessoa Travel Answers

change location

schools, suburbs

by itrob Online Now Oct 27, 2006 at 10:07 PM

Hi, We are considering moving to Joao Pessoa and would like to know if there are any english or bilingual primary schools around? Can anyone recommend some safe suburbs to live in?

thanks for your help

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • bazuc's Profile Photo

RE: schools, suburbs

by bazuc Online Now Oct 31, 2006 at 7:27 PM

About the Schools in Joao Pessoa:

I live in Joao Pessoa and I can tell you everything you want to know about this city. There is no English school here! Your children can study in a normal school and they will learn to speak Portuguese very fast. You may ask me 'How is a normal school in Joao Pessoa?'. And I will answer to you. In a normal school your children will study all the subjects in Portuguese. They will study Physics, History, Geography, Chemistry, Biology, Math, etc in our mother language (Port). And they will have a subject called English, French and Spanish to learn foreign languages. There are many English Course here, where your children go twice in a week to study English, these courses are extra school.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: schools, suburbs

by itrob Online Now Oct 31, 2006 at 8:17 PM

Thank you for your comments, I think the boys will have to speak Port very fast!! Which are some safe suburbs that are walking distance to the beach?
    Cheers

• bazuc's Profile Photo

RE: RE: schools, suburbs

by bazuc Online Now Nov 2, 2006 at 2:43 PM

Which are some safe suburbs that are walking distance to the beach?

Hi,

There are some safe suburbs/quarter next to the sea in Joao Pessoa. There are few suburbs, for example: Intermares, Bessa, Manaira, Tambau and Cabo Branco. If you decide to live in one of these areas/neighbourhood, you can go to the beach just walking. I live in a big and amazing apartament in Manaira. I can go to beach just walking :)

Please, get my mail
    amorim.felipe@gmail.com

When are you planning to move to Joao Pessoa?
    Which country do you live now?

Regards,
    Felipe

• Re: schools, suburbs

by tassgomes Online Now Mar 21, 2012 at 6:14 AM

I don't know how old this post is, but we do have bilingual schools now. Mapple Bear is the newest one. And it's located at Bessa

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near João Pessoa