change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• bobnfran's Profile Photo

Want to Play Tour Guide for a Day?

Kaohsiung Nov 26, 2014 at 8:05 AM

We are an active senior couple arriving in Kaohsiung on March 5, 2015 for just one day (cruise ship). Wondering if any locals would be willing to meet us and tour us around your city in your car, including Fokuangshan Monastary and other places you recommend, plus things 'off the beaten track.' We are experienced travelers who live in USA and Chiang Mai, Thailand. We've done this sort of thing before on VT and always worked great for all! Open to all ideas! (;>). Thanks, Bob & Fran

more
    • Taiwan 11 days Trip

Taiwan Nov 3, 2014 at 6:49 AM

Hi, I'm planning a 11 Days round the Island trip.

I need help on my itinerary, as below is the place that i would like to cover. I would like to know is it sounds logic witht the time allocated ?
      Day 1 & 2 : Jioufen
      Day 3 & 4 : Wulai, Wulai Falls & Hot Spring
      Day 5 : Hualien City
      Day 6 : Taroko Gorge
      Day 7 & 8 : Alishan
      Day 9, 10 & 11 : Taipei, Keelung & Dansui

Need help, anyone who can advise is the above route make sense, in terms of transportation & day spend for each location.

And also, I will be going early April, is there any cherry blossom can be seen during this season ? If yes, where would be the best place to go ?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
      Jamie

more
    • FreeAtLeisure's Profile Photo

Taipei 4D3N Itinerary for first-timer - Suggestions?

Taipei Nov 4, 2014 at 7:41 PM

Hi, guys! Please help me out in my itinerary... I'm going to TW for the first time in a few weeks, and I'd like to cover most of the attractions in the city and a bit further out in 4D3N. My base will be in Ximending.

• Day 1 - Urban Highlight**

Taoyuan International Airport early morning arrival Taipei HSR to Taipei Main Station Ximen Station - hotel drop-off luggage Tian Wai Tian Mala Hotpot lunch Ximen Red House Taipei 101 - shops & observatory Din Tai Fung dinner Ximending

• Day 2 - Nature Trip**

Yangmingshan National Park Beitou Hot Springs Danshui Fisherman's Wharf & Lover's Bridge Danshui Night Market Shilin Night Market

• Day 3 - Historic and Cultural**

Presidential Office Building (how to get here from Ximen Station?) pass by 2/28 Peace Park Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall; National Theater & National Concert Hall Dongmen Station - Yongkang Street Beef Noodle
      Zhongxiao Fuxing station shopping district (Sogo, Breeze)
      Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall
      Taipei City Hall / Xinyi district malls (Bellavita, Mitsukoshi)
      Houshanpi Station - Raohe Night Market

• Day 4 (Day Trip? Still up for draft)**

hotel checkout 10:30am

suggested trip - Yehliu Geopark + Jiufen Old Town? (how long should this take? will it be too taxing?)

ETA 10PM Ximending last look, take luggage from Hotel
      en route to Airport (red eye flight)

---

Why the itinerary is as such:
      I'm more of a city gal, so malls and modern structures are always a draw. Looking forward to Taipei 101 the most!
      Going to Yangmingshan hoping to see autumn foliage! And it's near to Beitou (are the hot springs really that HOT?) Wasn't keen on Danshui intitially but it's also nearby so might as well.
      Ticking the historical landmarks just because. CKS would probably be the highlight. Not into temples so left them out.
      Going to night markets not so much for the food (not that adventurous) but for the experience. I might surprise myself.

Maybe you have other places to suggest in addition to the ones above? (and restaurants too!)
      Thanks in advance!!!

more
    • Skeena63's Profile Photo

Taiwan Drivers

Taiwan Nov 23, 2014 at 10:12 AM

My daughter and I will be traveling to Taiwan in January 2015. We understand that we may be able to hire a cab or taxi driver for a day to use as a tour guide. We have several places that we are interested in seeing. For example Taroko Gorge Sun Moon Lake, Alishan Mountains and Juifen.
      Have any of you ever done this before? We're looking for someone that is a safe driver, reasonable in cost, and is fluent in English. All suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

more
    • My last(?) question about my trip to Taiwan.

Taiwan Nov 2, 2014 at 10:34 AM

After your help in my last post I think I´ve decided my itinerary. :-)

Something like this, what do you think?
      Day 1: I will arrive in the afternoon after a long flight from Europe
      Day 2: Explore Taipei
      Day 3: Explore Taipei
      Day 4: Will leave Taipei before lunch, heading to Hualien. In the afternoon I will explore Hualien and the coastline
      Day 5: Taroko Gorge
      Day 6: Back to Taipei. Maybe in the afternoon if there is more to explore in Hualien
      Day 7: Explore Taipei
      Day 8: Day trip to northern Taiwan, Ruifang -> Jiufen -> Keelung
      Day 9: ??
      Day 10: ??
      Day 11: Back to Taipei, will leave Taiwan late in the evening

My last concern is day 9 and 10. I have three places I would really like to visit, but I don´t want it to be to stressfull. Shall I take the high speed train to Kaohsiung and stay one night? Or go to Sun Moon Lake or Alishan and see the sunrise? I saw some pictures from the sunrise and it was beautiful! :-)
      I would really like to see all three places, but I can´t decide. I think Kaohsiung is the easiest and fastest destination, but is it worth it? Or should I stay in Taipei instead? I´m afraid I have to little time in Taipei.

Another question. I´m a vegetarian and I know it will be hard. I´ve been in China and Japan a couple of times and I know it´s hard to find vegetarian food. :-)
      But, if I find a restaurant in with description vegetarian. Is it the same definition as in the western?

Thank you for your help!
      //Johan

more
    • AyurinHiro's Profile Photo

Taiwan VT Meeting (Sun Moon Lake) Dec 31 or Jan 1

by AyurinHiro Online Now Dec 15, 2004 at 9:15 AM

Hello VTers! We're Japanese couple and now planning a trip to Taiwan. (From Dec 31 till January 3) Is anybody in Sun Moon Lake area on Dec 31 or Jan 1? Let's have a VT Meeting :-) (Eating dinner together etc..) By the way, about Taipei, we and VT member Burtty are now planning a VT Meeting on January 2nd. We would be happy if some local people or traveling people could join us :-) Hope to see you! Ayurin, Osaka Japan