Jerusalem District Travel Answers

change location

Traveling with kids...

by suekam Online Now Mar 25, 2006 at 9:03 PM

My family will be coming to Jerusalem for 1 week in June. I haven't been to Israel in 16 years, and the last time I was there I was on a youth tour where all arrangements were taken care of!! A bit different coming as a parent with 2 kids...!! A few questions...

1) What's the best way to get to Jerusalem from the airport?? We arrive 9:30AM on a Monday.

2) We're thinking of doing the Biblical Zoo/Tisch Zoological Gardens on Tuesday. Reviews?? We're not sure if we're going to have transportation available or not. If not, what's the safest way to get a cab? Are all the cabs that are driving around reputable??

3) We have a lot of family (and a lot of kids...) touring together on Wed. We may have a bus or some other form of group transportation. Suggestions for a kid-friendly agenda?? We thought of the Jerusalem Model at the Holyland hotel and maybe the Chagall windows. How close together are those 2 things??

4) Does anyone know how stroller-accessible the Kotel tunnel tours are?? Roughly how long do they last??

5) General suggestions for dealing w/ jet lag, in either direction?? My kids are 4 and 7.

6) Are there any special attractions scheduled that would be of interest for children during the week of June 19-23??

7) And, a mundane but important question, at least as far as my 4-year old is concerned... do they sell Cheerios in Israel?? (That will determine how many boxes of them I bring!!)

Any info would be most appreciated!!

Thanks!

Sue

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Jerusalem District Travel Answer Locations