Jerusalem

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Underage traveler

Eilat Jul 8, 2015 at 2:14 AM

Hi guys, I'm from melbourne, Australia. I know I can travel If I'm 17 but just making sure if I'll need a visa to go to Eilat for a couple of weeks. Just wondering if I'll be needing more than a passport and flight tickets to go there. Thank you:)

more
    • Masada & Dead Sea

Masada Jul 19, 2015 at 4:00 PM

Hello everyone,
      I will be in Israel the first two weeks of September, and plan on visiting Masada & Dead sea. My question is should I be using a touring company or simply booking a bus ticket and a really good travel book ?

more
    • trip to Jerusalem, Israel doable by ourselves?

by inday27 Online Now Jul 1, 2015 at 12:43 PM

We're US citizens (no visa required, am I correct?) in our late 70s, healthy but not athletic; and we are frugal travelers. We want to visit Bethlehem, Jerusalem and nearby tourist areas for 7 days. Want to see Wailing Wall, the church, via dolorosa, etc. Can we do these ourselves? Are there too much restrictions to go to these places? Do we need permit to go to these places? Is taxi expensive fr airport to hotel? Went to local tour site, $700 for 6 hrs tours, a bit expensive to our budget. Thank you.

17 Answers Jul 10, 2015 at 10:25 AM
    • Help with an important decision.

by JoshBer2015 Online Now Jun 28, 2015 at 2:57 AM

As part of me and my wife's trip to the lovely Israel, we've started our trip visiting the northern side of the country, kept on our way to Tel Aviv for couple days and finally stayed in Jerusalem for almost 1 week and we've got our room checked until tomorrow morning. Now, we're planning on returning to the center of Tel Aviv before heading back our home in LA.
      I'm looking to surprise my wife with a mini-trip to Tel Aviv, exploring the city from up close visiting the best sites out there and stay at the most luxurious boutique hotel there.
      Since the early morning hours I've been looking for a couple boutique hotel as a comparison to what I need.

I came up with these to boutique hotels, offering great luxurious suits, classic authentic decoration and won an award for best boutique hotels in Tel Aviv:

The Norman >> thenorman.com/accommodations...
      Leonardo Boutique Hotel >> leonardo-hotels.com/israel-h...

Would like to get some help from somebody on deciding between these too, ASAP!

Sincerely,
      Josh Bernstein.

4 Answers Jun 28, 2015 at 4:57 AM
    • gilabrand's Profile Photo

Passover seder in Jerusalem

by gilabrand Online Now Mar 23, 2015 at 1:01 AM

As I do every year, I am inviting any VTers who are so inclined to participate in our traditional Passover seder in Jerusalem on April 3, Friday night. If you are interested, please let me know as soon as possible!

3 Answers Mar 23, 2015 at 5:24 AM
    • schmechi's Profile Photo

Going to Massada with an Israeli rented car?

by schmechi Online Now Mar 12, 2015 at 6:43 AM

As far as I found out, the best way to go to Massada national park from Jerusalem will lead through Westbank by taking route nr. 1 to the dead sea and follow its bank via route nr. 90 to Massada....

Is it allowed to go this route with a car rented from an Israeli company? When I get it right, I will not leave Israeli controlled area (Zone C), so the car should be still insured?

Will I have to pass check-points/border stations on this route? Or are they only between the zones A and B and Isreali controlled areas?

12 Answers Mar 27, 2015 at 5:18 AM
    • msocolin's Profile Photo

Best area to stay

by msocolin Online Now Mar 7, 2015 at 7:18 PM

Hi! I'm going to Jerusalem with my wife and 2yr old son at the end of April. I've never been there so I'm a bit lost regarding location.

What is a good area to stay at? What is the "difference" between the West and East Jerusalem? Would you stay in/near the old city?

Thanks for the help!
      Matías

10 Answers Mar 26, 2015 at 2:08 AM
    • schmechi's Profile Photo

Annoyances and limitations due to Shavuot?

by schmechi Online Now Mar 4, 2015 at 11:25 AM

I'm thinking about a journey to Israel at Pentecost. Will there be annoyances and limitations due to Shavuot? Are there any sights, which should be avoided due to this feast?

12 Answers Mar 7, 2015 at 10:46 AM
    • monicarc's Profile Photo

taxi availability on shabbat for saturday morning flight?

by monicarc Online Now Feb 17, 2015 at 1:51 PM

my research on this issue is conflicting--i have seen references that it is nearly impossible to get a cab to the airport on saturday mornings and other references show its no big deal that cabs are available, possibly for a higher fee. I am researching a possible future trip, but is it easy to catch a cab in jerusalem on saturday mornings? I think we would stay in the christian quarter. We dont mind paying a higher fee and/or making a specific reservation, we would just need to be able to get to the airport! this would be in march of next year. thank you.

4 Answers Feb 18, 2015 at 7:23 AM
    • Poling's Profile Photo

special ticket fees

by Poling Online Now Dec 25, 2014 at 5:35 AM

Would special fees be available for students, teachers, elderlies, handicaps etc for entrance ticket in Jerusalem ?

12 Answers Dec 31, 2014 at 1:56 AM
    • Poling's Profile Photo

US or EURO

by Poling Online Now Dec 23, 2014 at 4:18 AM

Which one is better for exchange of ILS? Thanks.

8 Answers Dec 31, 2014 at 12:57 AM
    • Poling's Profile Photo

A child story/picture book

by Poling Online Now Dec 23, 2014 at 3:40 AM

I want to buy one from Israel. I will be in Jerusalem, not yet confirm which area to stay thought. Could people living there give me an idea where to get one? I wish to do a quick shop only. Thanks.

7 Answers Feb 1, 2015 at 3:27 AM
    • From Netanya to the Kotel ? How to get there by Public Transport

by jelcoutts Online Now Dec 2, 2014 at 12:20 AM

please advise us of the Public Transport available from Netanya to The Kotel ?

8 Answers Dec 7, 2014 at 8:44 AM
    • Jenin back to Jerusalem

by tourist_100 Online Now Nov 2, 2014 at 1:14 AM

I am travelling to Jenin on Friday for the annual olive harvest festival. I am travelling from Damascus Gate in Jerusalem. I understand how to get to the festival (bus 18 to ramallah, shared taxi to Jenin, and then a private taxi to the site). However, my question is, how do I get back to Jerusalem after the festival (it ends at 8pm)? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Safety in Jerusalem

by MarcoD18 Online Now Jul 10, 2014 at 8:28 AM

Hi,
      me and my girlfriedn are coming to Jerusalem at 15th July after spending some days in Istanbul, but we are worried about the safety: the launch of rockets and the fear of a terrorist attack.
      Somebody who lives there or who is there for a travel can explain me how is the situation? The hostel guy tell me that's all ok, but that's his job...
      Thank you!

5 Answers Jul 15, 2014 at 1:55 AM
    • Clothing to pack

by ckimball5 Online Now Jul 2, 2014 at 2:15 PM

Do I need dress pants to see the religous sites and dress shoes?

3 Answers Jul 6, 2014 at 3:19 AM
    • trip in november

by mrinal_singla Online Now Jun 17, 2014 at 12:30 AM

hi..i a planning a trip in november first week...kindy let me know how will be weather and do i need to carry any special clothes....also i am from india and do i need for any special persmissions...i will be alone and thus also pls help with some cheap hotel/stay in options with prices if possible...I have travelled to dubai once for business and will it cause any issues for arrival and security...

4 Answers Jun 24, 2014 at 5:17 AM
    • Jepstein517's Profile Photo

Buying a Tallit

by Jepstein517 Online Now Jun 10, 2014 at 1:13 AM

Funny question, but can anyone tell me where you think the best place is to purchase a Tallit? Every other store seems to sell them, but we'd like a good quality, simple Tallit, actually 2, one large and one smaller (the ones that look like shawls). Mea Shearim, perhaps, but what store? Or the Old City? Same question.

Thanks much.

4 Answers Jun 23, 2014 at 1:51 AM
    • Safety and Cost of Living

by nat696 Online Now Jun 4, 2014 at 1:03 PM

Hi, I'm a young, blond girl with blue eyes who would like to travel to Jerusalem on her own for couple of months. I would like to know if there is any danger for a girl to be visiting the city by herself?
      Also I would be grateful if someone with previous experience of living in Israel knows how much on average does it cost to feed yourself and pay for the cosmetics, health insurance, mobile phone credit etc. a month?

7 Answers Jun 24, 2014 at 5:27 AM
    • What to do in 5 days

by zmvc Online Now May 7, 2014 at 11:05 AM

Hi

I am travelling to Jerusalem in July/August for 7 days.

Any advice for t5 of hose days?

Views, what to visit, places to eat...

Many thanks

3 Answers Jun 23, 2014 at 1:38 AM
    • Best tour company for guided tours in Jerusalem

by kevinello Online Now May 7, 2014 at 12:13 AM

Hi guys, I'm planning a trip to Jerusalem this summer, but I'm not sure which tour company is the best. So far I've found Egged Tours which offers a Jeruslaem tour eggedtours.com/jerusalem1.as... that I'm interested in, but does anyone have experience with them?

Thanks!

5 Answers May 15, 2014 at 4:24 AM
    • ashdod -jerusalem taxi

by miepmiep Online Now Apr 23, 2014 at 11:23 PM

we want to from ashdod to jerusalem. what is the price of taxi? and Who knows a taxi company.

thank you!

12 Answers Dec 26, 2014 at 10:05 AM
    • recharge electronics

by elliebird Online Now Apr 13, 2014 at 1:32 PM

Will I be able to recharge my Iphone and Ipad in a hotel room in Jerusalem?

11 Answers May 8, 2014 at 3:02 PM
    • AnnikaSkywalker's Profile Photo

Passover seder 2014

by AnnikaSkywalker Online Now Mar 23, 2014 at 3:12 AM

We will be in jerusalem for passover seder, so I am wondering where we could spend the evening - either private or public. What is the best thing to do?

4 Answers Mar 25, 2014 at 2:13 PM
    • going to israel in July

by ELENAMARIE Online Now Mar 4, 2014 at 11:48 AM

We are thinking of going to Jerusalem in July, Is there any warning for over there right now? What do you wear around that season? Also other than a passport do I need anything else Visa?

9 Answers Jun 23, 2014 at 1:42 AM
    • weather in april

by MMOLINA Online Now Mar 3, 2014 at 5:09 PM

how is the weather in israel the first two weeks of april?

5 Answers Apr 6, 2014 at 3:56 AM
    • freezer61's Profile Photo

petra from jerusalem

by freezer61 Online Now Jan 19, 2014 at 1:00 AM

I am coming to Jerusalem in July and would like to go to Petra for a day trip on a budget is this possible?

7 Answers Jan 19, 2014 at 10:01 PM
    • inexpensive airfare

by lramsey55 Online Now Jan 18, 2014 at 12:55 PM

What is the most inexpensive way to book airfare to Israel from the USA?

10 Answers Jan 19, 2014 at 10:14 AM
    • Is it safe ?

by Burnsdendy Online Now Jan 18, 2014 at 9:17 AM

We are thiinking of going later this year but we have concerns about the safety issue

8 Answers Jan 19, 2014 at 4:25 AM
    • security at the wall

by msmith1234 Online Now Dec 12, 2013 at 2:48 PM

when going through security is it like going through TSA security in the USA? For example, will my swiss army/pocket knife be confiscated or are they looking for more "threatening" items?

9 Answers Dec 29, 2013 at 10:41 AM
    • 2AussieGuys's Profile Photo

Private Guide

by 2AussieGuys Online Now Dec 5, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Can anyone recommend a guide or company that does a good private day tour of Jerusalem (at the end of December). We will be staying in Tel Aviv so guess from there and back would be ideal.
      Thanks so much.

5 Answers Dec 8, 2013 at 3:32 AM
    • cs2805's Profile Photo

transfer from Ben Gurion airport to hotel in jerusalem

by cs2805 Online Now Nov 29, 2013 at 12:47 PM

I am travelling with my wife to Jerusalem next June and will be arriving in Ben Gurion airport at approx 11.30 in the night.
      I am asking what would be the best transport to my hotel in Jerusalem and how much might it cost. I would be greatful of any advice.

10 Answers Dec 17, 2013 at 6:37 AM