Jerusalem Travel Answers

change location

food

by toulouz Online Now Nov 3, 2010 at 5:57 AM

hello everyone, i'll be coming and staying for a month in jerusalem while i volunteer at the temple mount sifting project. i wanted to travel very light. i'll be staying at hebron hostel.

am i able to get food easily? i mean i'm going to be up early to get to the sifting mount and really just want to be able to grab some fruit, maybe a pita or falafel, but don't know when the stalls open. i'll be walking and will be heading out to the project by rockefeller museum, but if there is a place close to hebron hostel or near one of the gates, i'll pass by on my way coming and going. i wanted to establish an easy routine, since this is going to be somewhat of a working vacation, i.e. the sifting project goes 8a.m.-4pm i think sunday through friday.
i appreciate any ideas. i am really traveling on a shoestring here--one piece of luggage, etc..

thanks!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • unaS's Profile Photo

Re: food

by unaS Online Now Nov 3, 2010 at 12:33 PM

Oh yes, in addition to my suggestions to your other eating question, don't forget to pick up things like tinned tuna and so on. These you can open whenever you want, but be sure to use them up immediately unless your hostel has a fridge that you can use.

Fresh fruit and veggies are widely available and cheap, but buy the day before and WASH or peel them. Don't eat as you buy.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines