Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Jersey Travel Answer Locations

• local pubs

Jersey Jan 1, 2014 at 5:07 AM

best place for a pint of Guinness and the crac

• What to do in jersey

Saint Helier Sep 2, 2013 at 11:49 AM

We are going for the first time, what would you advise to do? We are going 10th sep for 5 days.

1 Answer Sep 3, 2013 at 5:41 AM
    • Validity of "old" Jersey notes

Jersey Apr 21, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Going to Jersey in a few days, and sorting my currency collection, I found some leftover one and five pound notes.
      These are the pre-2010 generation, serie 3 notes.
      A search on the net gives conflicting info...are these notes still currently accepted in shops?
      Could I have them exchanged in a bank, or should I scrap them?

4 Answers Apr 22, 2013 at 1:27 AM
    • jersey in december

Jersey Jul 31, 2012 at 5:49 AM

Hello, my partner and I love jersey after 2 trips in the last couple of years. We are thinking about coming for some Christmas shopping the week before Christmas. Just wondering if anyone has some tips for us about that time if year? None of the timetables are out for ferries to France or Guernsey so wondering if day trips are usually available at that time if year? Thanks for the help

3 Answers Aug 2, 2012 at 2:55 PM
    • northeast80's Profile Photo

Jersey or Guernsey for 8 hours?

Jersey May 11, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Hello, I couldn't pick the Channel Islands as an option so went for Jersey. We go to Poole regularly (so don't really mind which time of year but need to book within a week to get the offer) and can get a day return on the cat to either Jersey or Guernsey for only £15 each on foot.
      Sounds crazy I know; 3-4 hours there then 8 hours around and 3-4 hours back will be a long day but it'll be a good taster (we could go back with a car next time).
      Would anyone have a strong opinion on which island we'd more fill our time in on foot for 8 hours? We could consider taking our bicycles or hiring or simply using local busses.
      We like good local seasonal food, cider & ale, crafts and art & design, museums, walking, caostlines, we'd consider getting on another boat again for a trip around the coast. Just generally wandering about seeing what takes our fancy but also having somewhere to shelter if the weather turns.
      Thank you.

2 Answers May 11, 2012 at 4:35 AM
    • mikkiii's Profile Photo

Jersey in August

Jersey Mar 19, 2012 at 6:40 AM

Hi!

I´m thinking about to go to Jersey for 3-4 weeks in August. I´ve never been there but I heard it should be a nice Island.
      I spoked to a woman who´s been there working in a hotel for a couple of months, she said it was easy to get a job in the summer, even though you have´nt a special education. Does someone know if there is anything available for about 4 weeks, or if there is some kind of courses to take, for example surfing courses? I´ve tried to search on the internet but I thought it may be better to ask in a forum.

2 Answers Mar 21, 2012 at 2:14 AM
    • littlebush's Profile Photo

Motorbike or Scooter hire in Jersey

Jersey Mar 19, 2012 at 6:29 AM

Hi

does anyone know of anywhere on Jerset that does motorbike/scooter hire?

theres two companies on the jersey tourism website but neither email address works.

thanks

dave

2 Answers Mar 19, 2012 at 8:37 AM
    • Where to stay ??

Jersey Sep 2, 2011 at 11:17 AM

My husband have 1 night in Jersey in Oct, we are looking for a decent hotel within 10 minutes walk of a few lively pubs (too old for night clubs!!)and places to eat. Trip advisor is great but should I be looking at St Helier or St Aubin....??

• Panasonic Freesat + HD Digital Box DMR - BS880

Jersey Nov 3, 2010 at 3:27 AM

Please can you recommend a shop (preferably in the St Helier area) where I can purchase a Panasonic Freesat + HD Digital Box (DMR BS880)

Thank you

1 Answer Nov 3, 2010 at 4:13 AM
    • heavennhell's Profile Photo

Also travelling to Jersey in Oct

Jersey Sep 2, 2010 at 12:52 PM

Hi,

Like the guys below I a also travelling to Channel islands for the week in October but didnt want to hijack their question.

I will be travelling initially to Jersey on 8th Oct but then spending some time on the other islands then flying back out on the 17th.

I was wondering if there is like an Intra Island Ferry ticket i can get or is each trip individual?

I would be up for meeting anyone if you are about and free, for a coffee/beer/sights/walks?

mike

PS BA are doing a sale to Jersey at the moment

• 1 week in Jersey, Channel Islands, UK

Jersey Aug 8, 2010 at 4:09 AM

We are planning a trip to Jersey in October (probably staying at Merton) and plan on staying for a week. Is that two long with two boys (8 and 10)? If so, can we easily find day trips off the island to interesting places on the mainland? Any advise where to take day trips? Also, how difficult is it to get into London from Jersey (prefer not to fly - not a fan of those small planes). Any advise for a week in Jersey would be appreciated.

7 Answers Aug 8, 2010 at 10:49 AM
    • American Dinky Toy collector looking for Channel Islands (UK) Antique Shoppes

Jersey Aug 30, 2009 at 12:50 PM

I am an avid collector of Dinky and Corgi Toys. Dinky(Mecanno) is out of business since 1983. I am wondering buy chance if any of them were exported or shipped to the channel islands prior to 1983. They would have found their way by this time to collectors or persons selling to antique shops. Are their any
      active antique shoppes in the Channel islands that might stock antique toys ??
      I have a scheuled trip to Jersey and Guernsey during 24-28 OCT 2009. Any info
      I could acquire about toys or antie shoopes would be greatly appreciated.
      Regards,
      Peter Goodman
      papyruscmdts@verizon.net

1 Answer Aug 30, 2009 at 1:11 PM
    • marrage ?

Jersey Aug 16, 2009 at 9:04 AM

who do i contact for the full information on getting married on the island of jersey i.e. how long do we have to be resident on the island / what paperwork is required / and what are the cost's involved .

kind regards from mrs; sylvia young

1 Answer Aug 16, 2009 at 9:21 AM
    • jersey holiday

Jersey Apr 22, 2009 at 6:49 AM

myself wife and 2 boys will be arriving in jersey on 28th july 09 for 7 nights stay.would anyone have any information on hireing a camper van or static caravan on the island.my wife does not like tents so it would help me out.many thanks

2 Answers Apr 22, 2009 at 11:25 AM
    • england to jersey

Jersey Sep 20, 2008 at 7:54 PM

We will be London late December this year and are planning to visit Jersey an island off france. What is the best way to travel there ? 2 Adults and 2 kids, 14yr and 11yrs. Is Jersey a great experience, we only have 2-3 nights.
      We already have accommodation organised with family. thanks

4 Answers Nov 12, 2008 at 11:04 AM
    • 8BALLUK's Profile Photo

New Years EVE

Jersey Jul 15, 2008 at 3:25 PM

Hello

This is a similar post to one earlier but me & my wife will be staying in St Helier over New Year.

Can you please tell me if the center of St Helier has any organised New Years Eve party's or fire works etc like back in the UK. I guess there would be.

We are trying to find out if the Hotel we are staying at is doing anything special on New Years Eve but to be honest we would prefer to be in the St Helier center with the locals if there is any action.

Also, can you recommend any decent restaurants such as Fish, Italian or Indian or any that are unique to Jersey? Its our wedding anniversary so a nice romantic meal is required.

Many thanks

Regards
      Gary

1 Answer Aug 18, 2008 at 2:36 PM
    • jewellery

Jersey Jun 16, 2008 at 10:48 AM

I bought some earrings from a craft stall at St Aubins - silver on copper, can anyone tell me the name of the jeweller, and if they have a website, I would like to buy some more.

2 Answers Jun 17, 2008 at 1:30 AM
    • Jersey over Christmas

Jersey Jun 3, 2008 at 12:28 PM

Hi there,

We are planning to spend the long Christmas weekend (24 to 28 December) on the island of Jersey. We have been to the Channel Islands before, but never during this time of the year, so we were just wondering a couple of things:

First, will everything close down on Christmas and Boxing Day? (We will be based on St Helier and we are mostly concerned about restaurants and public transport)

Also, is it possible to take a day trip from Jersey to Guernsey by boat? (We were thinking of doing this either on Boxing Day or Saturday 27)

Thank you all

2 Answers Jul 30, 2008 at 3:36 PM
    • Guided tour in Jersey

Jersey Mar 16, 2008 at 10:35 AM

Is there any guided tour available in Jersey? If yes, can I know their website address or phone number.

1 Answer Mar 16, 2008 at 11:57 AM
    • arty_girl's Profile Photo

Jersey accomodation for wheelchair user

Jersey Jan 25, 2008 at 5:23 AM

Hi folks, I'm currently helping to organise a holiday to Jersey for my parents for June. I'd love to find a hotel that's comfortable but doesn't cost the earth and also need a room that is accesible for a wheelchair user. My dad has MS and therefore cannot walk anything more than around 20 steps at a time- stairs are also an issue.

They're keen to return to jersey after holidaying there many years ago- any hotel and area recommendations will be greatly appreciated! Thanks for your time,

Best Wishes,
      Tierna

4 Answers Jan 25, 2008 at 3:56 PM
    • MAIGO's Profile Photo

I like to know the prices of the Island !

Jersey Aug 25, 2007 at 5:16 AM

I heard that a cigarette and alcohol are more inexpensive with the jersey than the British mainland, but will the other things be cheap?
      (Chocolate, Crisps and etc..... )
      I go to the island in this autumn; is planning it.
      (but it's so long long way from my home....)
      Thanks, MAIGO

4 Answers Aug 26, 2007 at 11:09 PM
    • accomodation help

Jersey May 9, 2007 at 7:09 AM

Hi there, we are planning to visit Jersey in June for 3 nights, and we have problems looking for accomodation. We would like to rent self catering apartments, but doesn't seems alot on the internet.

I just wonder could anyone suggest some nice self catering apartment? We don't mind which area. And if we really have no luck in booking them before we travel, is it easy to book the accomodation when we are there?

by the way, there will be 5 of us travelling.

Thanks very much!

• ScunnyArfie's Profile Photo

Trip down memory lane

Jersey Apr 24, 2007 at 12:59 AM

I worked in Jersey.C.I between 1979 - 1984,i'm hoping to visit this summer,can anyone tell me if "Tamms Bar" and "The Jolly Roger Cafe" are still on St Brelades Bay?

2 Answers May 5, 2007 at 7:37 AM
    • beaumont hotel

Jersey Oct 11, 2006 at 5:18 AM

My partner worked over 10-20 years ago at the Beaumont on Jersey, Channel Islands. Does anyone know whether this hotel still exists?

1 Answer Feb 10, 2007 at 4:13 AM
    • campsite

Jersey Sep 1, 2006 at 3:16 PM

hello,
      i'm french and I'm living in Jersey and my sister wants to come here for a couple of days and sleep in a campsite. She'll come on Septembre, 13th. Will your campsite still be open?
      thanks very
      yours faithfully
      Céline Véniat

2 Answers Sep 5, 2006 at 3:49 AM
    • HMMM

Jersey Aug 12, 2006 at 3:46 AM

How long will it take me to walk to the aqua splash pool if my apartment is at st.ouens bay?

1 Answer Aug 22, 2006 at 9:19 AM
    • Jersey Film Festival 2006

Jersey Jun 29, 2006 at 2:02 AM

What date in August for 2006?

1 Answer Jul 18, 2006 at 2:15 PM
    • Help with NJ Campground

Jersey May 1, 2006 at 7:00 PM

Hi, I desperately need help with choosing a campground in New Jersey. It’s my first time actually going camping in USA. I want to go in May and prefer sleeping in a tent, plan to go on Friday and come back on Sunday. I really need to experience camping, so I just need somebody to give me advice where to go. Thank you.

2 Answers May 2, 2006 at 2:09 AM
    • Bromley Guesthouse for honeymoon

Jersey Feb 4, 2006 at 1:36 PM

Hi

We are planning our honeymoon in late July 2006 on Jersey and would like to stay at Bromley Guesthouse in St. Helier.

Do you have any bad or goot experiences with this guesthouse?
      Can you recommend it?

Thank you for you answers and kind regards
      Saimen

• LouiseTopp's Profile Photo

Cycling round Jersey

Jersey Oct 19, 2005 at 7:40 AM

Hi I would like to visit jersey next year, i will be staying in the YHA. can anyone tell me what the area is like, what budget places are nice to eat at etc? This is my first visit, and any information would be most helpful. Thank you.