Jersey Travel Answers

change location
mikkiii's Profile Photo

Jersey in August

by mikkiii Online Now Mar 19, 2012 at 6:40 AM

Hi!

I´m thinking about to go to Jersey for 3-4 weeks in August. I´ve never been there but I heard it should be a nice Island.
I spoked to a woman who´s been there working in a hotel for a couple of months, she said it was easy to get a job in the summer, even though you have´nt a special education. Does someone know if there is anything available for about 4 weeks, or if there is some kind of courses to take, for example surfing courses? I´ve tried to search on the internet but I thought it may be better to ask in a forum.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Jersey in August

by leics Online Now Mar 19, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Jersey is indeed a nice island but it is not a cheap one, I'm afraid.

If you are looking for very short-term work (i.e. 4 weeks) then I think you may find it difficult. Seasonal workers (restaurant staff, bar staff etc) are usually taken on for the whole season, rather than just part of it.

Additionally, local employers are required to fill vacancies with Jersey residents wherever possible...like the EU, but more so.

cab.org.je/index.php?option=...

I can only suggest that you google for 'jersey seasonal work' on a regular basis and see if anything turns up.

Most summer courses seem to be for English language (which you clearly do not want or need) but you can take a diving course:

scubadivingjersey.com/defaul...

or sea-kayaking:

jerseykayakadventures.co.uk/...

I can't find any summer courses for adults on

http://www.jerseysurfschool.co.uk/

although they do offer lessons.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • mikkiii's Profile Photo

Re: Jersey in August

by mikkiii Online Now Mar 21, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Thank you very much for your help!