Jerez de la Frontera Travel Answers

change location

Hi looking for tips for accoadation in Jerez for 1 week in August

by sevvy1 Online Now May 8, 2008 at 12:45 PM

Hi I have been to Cadiz once with my wife and 3 kids 4 years back, thought it was a wonderful place. As Ryanair fly into Jerez I was thinking of staying in Jerez for a week. Q Is the beach in Jerez as nice as Cadiz and also the city itself. We will have 3 kids from 5-7 years with us.They adore going to the beach. Also How much would we have to pay for a weeks stay in a decent hotel. We want to be close to city and beach. Any information on renting an apartment for a week instead of going to a hotel, price etc appricated thanks Sevvy , all tips welcome

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Belsaita's Profile Photo

Re: Hi looking for tips for accoadation in Jerez for 1 week in August

by Belsaita Online Now May 8, 2008 at 1:07 PM

Jerez de la Frontera a is about 20Km inland so there are no beaches ;)

The city itself in very nice indeed

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Hi looking for tips for accoadation in Jerez for 1 week in August

by blint Online Now May 8, 2008 at 2:36 PM

Yes, no beach in Jerez so if beach is very important maybe best to think about going to another town like El Puerto de Santa Maria (though the water there isn't as clean as other places as it looks onto the bay and is across from the port of Cadiz). Jerez is nice though it isn't as nice as Cadiz.

Conil would be a great place as it is a white beach and clear blue sea backed by a white village, you could get a bus from Jerez it would take about an hour. There you could rent a holiday flat easily which normally work out cheaper than hotels. In Conil there aren't big chain hotels but I'm sure you could find a decent hotel.

Have a look at my pages for ideas:

JEREZ: "The Sherry Capital of the WORLD!" - Jerez de la Frontera by blint
    El Puerto de Santa Maria: "Affectionately:El Puerco de Santa Maria (jeje)" - El Puerto de Santa María by blint
    Conil: "Conil" - Conil de la Frontera by blint

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Jerez de la Frontera