Jerez de la Frontera Travel Answers

change location

Shared accommodation in Jerez

by rosesantafe Online Now Sep 9, 2006 at 4:36 AM

Hey everyone.I am moving to Jerez for the year starting October 2006 as part of my Spanish degree course.I am going to be teaching in Arcos de la frontera. I am looking for shared accommodation with other students. Grateful for any advice or contacts you could give me. Thanks. Rachel xxx

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • puerto_lover's Profile Photo

RE: Shared accommodation in Jerez

by puerto_lover Online Now Sep 10, 2006 at 1:53 AM

Will you stay in Jerez and travel into Arcos for your teaching? Or will you stay in Arcos and go into Jerez from time to time? I say this because Arcos is becoming popular with people working in Jerez and this will increase because of the new dual carriageway road that will be opened next year. Part of it has already been built. It will be then very easy to travel between the 2 places by Bus or Car and reduce the time to possibly 15 minutes. Buses in the morning are quite 'frequent' but at other times of the day you may have to wait. Arcos itself is changing and becoming more popular with newcomers and does have plenty to offer. It has a different 'feel' compared with Jerez and although it is a large country town does still feel recognizably of modest size ! if you see what I mean. I can't help you with regard to sharing accom. though - sorry.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • chanito's Profile Photo

RE: Shared accommodation in Jerez

by chanito Online Now Sep 24, 2006 at 1:26 AM

You're unlikely to find anything on the net- wait until you get to Jerez and then visit the campus out by the old prison (barriada la asuncion) and the faculties of art and empresariales on calle porvera, there you should see postings for people looking to share flats, as well as in some of the photo copy shops across the street. From time to time I have also seen people advertising flats to share in CiberJerez, a cyber cafe just around the corner from the Gallo Azul on calle Larga.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Jerez de la Frontera