Jekyll Island

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Beach activities.

by Kanashii Online Now Apr 2, 2014 at 3:17 PM

What beach activities are available on Jekyll Island?

Like parasailing, snorkeling, swim with dolphins, etc.

more
    • Retail shopping

by MichelleC34 Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 8:56 PM

Where can we spend a day shopping? Are there any shopping malls, or areas with the bigger retail stores? What about nice store locations like beachy stores to spend a day and maybe grab lunch or just to visit in the evening.

more
    • Retail shopping

by MichelleC34 Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 8:56 PM

Where can we spend a day shopping? Are there any shopping malls, or areas with the bigger retail stores? What about nice store locations like beachy stores to spend a day and maybe grab lunch or just to visit in the evening.

1 Answer Apr 10, 2014 at 5:26 AM
    • Beach activities.

by Kanashii Online Now Apr 2, 2014 at 3:17 PM

What beach activities are available on Jekyll Island?

Like parasailing, snorkeling, swim with dolphins, etc.

• riorich55's Profile Photo

Planning 1 Week Trip in Late March

by riorich55 Online Now Jan 1, 2014 at 6:26 AM

Alright, a New Year with new adventures awaiting. Now that we've gotten most of our weddings out of the way and before those grandkids start coming along Sue and I thought we better start traveling a bit more this year. I've got 2 trips planned and thought I would start getting some advice from the group.

Trip #1 will only be a week and it's still in its early planning stages. The thought is to fly down to Atlanta from Chicago stay a day or so and then head down to Savannah and Jekyll Island. I know Atlanta very well having spent the greater part of 3 months there a couple of years ago doing some work for Coca Cola, but only stayed one night about 10 years ago in Savannah and have never been to any of the areas along the coast south of Savannah. Thinking of either staying on St Simons Island or Jekyll Island. Any preferences by anybody here? What should we consider exploring in the area? I'm getting very serious with my photography and am looking forward to some of those Atlantic Ocean sunrises.

5 Answers Jan 4, 2014 at 4:51 AM
    • Swimming with dolphins

by gregz1i Online Now Mar 31, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Where is the closest place to Jekyll Island, GA to swim with dolphins?

2 Answers Mar 31, 2013 at 6:14 PM
    • Private room for 30 guests!

by cbmb1234 Online Now Sep 15, 2009 at 6:28 PM

We are having a wedding there in Oct and didn't know if yall had a private room 30 people! And if so what would be the price per person!

2 Answers Sep 16, 2009 at 10:23 AM
    • On the fence choosing Jekyll. Silted beach.

by roboteer Online Now Aug 3, 2009 at 11:33 AM

Regarding questions about Jekyll.... We have a similar dilemma now. We have been there several times mostly because it is secluded, cheap, and has some areas of interest. House rentals are particularly attractive and many accept pets. BUT, as said the insects can be pretty bad since there's wetlands (swamps) nearbye. Bearable if you don't mind slathering on the Deet. If there's a stiff wind the beach may not be that bad. (There's a kind of striped fly that really packs a wallop. We called them swordflies, for obvious reasons.)

But why I said I'd never go back is the silting. Much of the beach on the northern half of the island disappears at high tide. Most of rest at low tide is a field of mud at the water line. Even at high tide, walk out a little way and you're standing in a foot of ooze. Often the water looks muddy and disgusting. Some in the family disagree whether it's tolerable. So, we are still debating. We haven't been back in a number of years, but I can only assume it hasn't gotten any better and maybe even worse. If I'm wrong or things have changed, I would appreciate feedback. But to me, it's a major problem 'cause I like the surf. Who doesn't?

1 Answer May 16, 2011 at 10:16 AM
    • Biscayne Park Girl

by mrspotatohead5 Online Now Mar 29, 2009 at 4:36 PM

We are taking a Camping Family Vacation to Fernandina Beach Fla. We would like to take a day trip to Jekyll Island. Which are the best Island tours?? Is there a good ghost tour? We have a 16 year old who is easily bored. The Websight told of bad restaurants:Buccaneer and Zachary's which are the good ones??

1 Answer Mar 29, 2009 at 6:45 PM
    • Nearest Airport and economical place to stay

by jod10 Online Now Dec 15, 2008 at 5:37 PM

Hi,

Planning a trip to Jekyll Harbor Marina. Where is the nearest airport to get to there and a good economical place to stay nearby?

3 Answers Dec 17, 2008 at 9:28 AM
    • Villas By The Sea

by ASHASW Online Now Aug 24, 2007 at 11:58 AM

I have seen good and bad reviews.. I read the beach was good then I read it was bad. I heard the villas were dirty and had bugs and then I read they were clean.. Who do you believe. My mother, daughter and I take a vacation together every year. It is very important to me that this vacation make good memories and not bad. Please give me some advice..

1 Answer Aug 24, 2007 at 1:15 PM
    • weddings

by sweetypienana Online Now Jun 14, 2007 at 5:05 AM

do you have any places along the island where a casual wedding could be performed

1 Answer Jun 19, 2007 at 9:14 AM
    • Beach access for the handicapped

by glohman Online Now Apr 24, 2007 at 5:38 AM

Is there a location in the Brunswick, GA area where a beach wheelchair can be rented?

1 Answer Apr 24, 2007 at 7:31 AM
    • Jekyll island, Hilton Head, North Myrtle Beach..or other?

by kirsten67 Online Now Mar 23, 2007 at 10:47 PM

I am looking at going for a 4 day vacation to the beach in August. I will be going with my 7 year old daughter. I am looking for a fairly uncommercialized place to spend some time together to relax...playing at the beach, swimming at a nice pool, going for walks and bike rides, enjoying some wildlife (dolphins, etc.), collecting sea shells and eating out at some nicer restaraunts (no fast food or chains preferably)...basically just a relaxing low key vacation.
      We will be coming from Ohio and would like to drive (less than 10 hrs) but could also fly if needed. I have heard good things about North Myrtle Beach, Hilton Head or Jekyll Island. Does anyone have any suggestions on where we should go? We have done the Outer Banks and Virginia Beach in the past and would like to do something different. I am also open to any other places...maybe even closer to home?

1 Answer May 22, 2007 at 1:10 PM
    • Is this a friendly island?

by FamilyfromVA Online Now Jul 5, 2006 at 11:16 AM

Our family will be traveling to the island at the end of this month. We too are a family from VA. Question is: does the island welcome diversity? As I've done my research on the net to prepare for our upcoming trip, I haven't seen (if any) many pictures of diversed families. We look forward to visiting the island soon!

1 Answer Jul 8, 2006 at 4:07 PM
    • Vacationing at Jekyll Island

by Hallmonster1 Online Now Mar 10, 2006 at 7:19 PM

My family and In-Laws are traveling to Jekyll Island 25 March. Will be staying at the Clarion. Has anyone stayed there. Heard mostly negative. I have a 15 and a 6 year old going also. I have to stay in good with the In-Laws and I was put in charge of planning the vacation. Does anyone have any words of wisdom for the hotel, things to watch out for, and what we should look for this time of this time of year (i.e. weather).

• jekyll island in Georgia

by jackie1957 Online Now Oct 5, 2004 at 7:29 AM

What is the best hotel to stay right on the beach? Also any suggestions about sites and also weather. a couple wants to go Oct 16 in 2 weeks.

• Jekyll Island mosquitos

by KristinAdams Online Now Mar 13, 2004 at 6:15 PM

Is there a time of year when the mosquitos are bad at Jekyll Island? We would like to visit in the summer but want to avoid those nasty pests. Kristin

1 Answer Mar 13, 2004 at 8:04 PM
    • Jekyll Island GA

by junkgirl2000 Online Now Jul 15, 2003 at 4:50 PM

We are thinking about going here at the beginning of Aug. Anyone have any opinions on this destination?

2 Answers Jul 16, 2003 at 8:48 AM